Cost per soda?

Thanks. Was that true of both can locations and in the fountain do you know?

I think I probably first checked when we boarded and went to O'Sheenan for lunch, so I had to settle for a cocktail 😉 Then checked at dinner that night, ended up with a Sierra Mist which pretty much ended up being my soda of the week. At the buffet they have a cart set up as you walk in with a guy serving drinks. There are cans of soda there showing what they offered. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Root Beer I'm not even sure if they had regular Dew. I thought I read here where there might be vending machine, possible diet dew in those??? And of course you can probably find on days you are in port, that is where I get my Diet Coke fix.

I have never seen either MD or DMD on any NCL ship. Also I have never seen vending machines. Maybe I just never looked hard enough.

People had reported that there were vending machines with soda in some of the onboard arcades. Never visited the arcade so can't verify that.

I have never seen either MD or DMD on any NCL ship. Also I have never seen vending machines. Maybe I just never looked hard enough.

Vending machines are located in arcades and fitness center. I think I've also read reports of them in studio lounge.

The beverage vending machines are disappearing fast. Hard to find one anymore.

Interesting. I'll have to see on our next trip. Maybe it is a maintenance issue. I've actually never seen anyone buy anything from one so probably profit related.

• 1 month later...
When chosen as a promo, first two must take the same promos with no purchase required for the other guests. When purchased outright, all passengers in cabin must purchase a package (Beverage or soda).

FALSE: The soda card (as I call it) can be purchased by any number (even one) person per cabin. I do it every cruise.

Thanks for the menu. I thought I saw the 3+ dollar price somewhere else too. I wasn't too happy the one time in a bar when I decided to splurge on a soda when I didn't get the package and I got a small watered down fountain version for that price. Not even a can.

Does anyone happen to know if the diet lemon-lime soda is available on the package, or is it only available in the can?

Plus - I didn't see Mt Dew and Diet Mt Dew on the menu. Are either of those still available? It has been a couple of years since the last time I sailed NCL. Bad enough I can't bring my Coke Zero, now I might have to go without DMD as well. :eek: Good thing we are in port every day. ;p Just kidding, I'm not quite that bad.

I would like to know though before we decide whether or not we are buying the soda cards.

NCL carries Mt Dew

I have had Mt Dew on every one of the nine NCL cruises I have

Spirit

Jewel

Getaway

Sun

Getaway

Dawn

Gem

Escape

Epic

Coming up

Jade

Gem

Only the first two passengers have to have matching drink packages... thus if one adult and one child, you have to choose the UBP for the adult and the kids version for the kids. 3rd and 4th passengers don’t have to do anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to understand this. When we book we took the Promo package for drinks states first 2 guest. Because I'm a 3rd guest NCL lady on line when we booked said I would have to buy mine if I wanted one We are in a 2 bedroom Family Suite on Pearl in Sept. we cruised on the Sky in owner's suite this past April with package and they kept the fridge stock with drinks but have been told that don't do this on Pearl .

Trying to understand this. When we book we took the Promo package for drinks states first 2 guest. Because I'm a 3rd guest NCL lady on line when we booked said I would have to buy mine if I wanted one We are in a 2 bedroom Family Suite on Pearl in Sept. we cruised on the Sky in owner's suite this past April with package and they kept the fridge stock with drinks but have been told that don't do this on Pearl .

Whoever's name is on guest one / two on the booking get the drink package.

If your name is 3rd you have to pay for it. Ultimate drink package is $89 per day plus they add on 20% gratuities on that package.

Important to note if there is more people in your booking 4th 5th guest etc then if 3rd guest buys a drink package they will be required to do so to.

There is a smaller package $59 a day includes some wines, beers and soda. Plus the 20% gratuities.

There's an adult soda package and kids package also.

Owner's suite is provided with bottled water and soft drinks throughout your cruise at no additional charge. In a 2br family suite you have to purchase.

Edited by Aprille
clarify