Boarding Question

Does anyone know if suite guests can have their other family members (not suite guests) board with them? We would like to all board together but not sure that is allowed.

Depends on the port workers, but you can certainly board with them - this is what we do with our adult children who are not in a suite.

You should be able to board with them as opposed to having them board with you. I was told that suite occupants only are allowed to board together. On our Allure cruises, the Sea Passes were checked by the port people seating guests while waiting to board.

If you didn't have the right color card, you weren't allowed in the area.

Not that it matters, but they did the same for Diamond Plus, Diamond etc. You can always board with someone that is a lower priority, but it doesn't work the other way around, at least in my experience.

Does anyone know if suite guests can have their other family members (not suite guests) board with them? We would like to all board together but not sure that is allowed.

sure.. if you sit with them in their boarding area. they cannot sit with you in a suite area nor board when suites board.

I think it depends on the port and likely the number of family members you're trying to bring with you. We've always boarded with my dad (three of us total, two of us plus him) and because we're such a small group we've never had any trouble. But it's only been a few times that we've done that, one time we were Suite guests and another time just using our Platinum status (at the time) that I can recall. No one seemed to really be checking but when the three of us have traveled together it's also not been insanely busy either, so there's never been anyone checking too hard.

Certainly worth a shot but have a back-up plan ie. a meeting point once on board.

Thanks for the input everyone. Think we are going to give it a shot and if it's a problem, we will just wait and board with them. Traveling with adult children and grandchildren 12 total but hopefully if we get there early it won't be an issue. Planning on around 10 AM.

Thanks for the input everyone. Think we are going to give it a shot and if it's a problem, we will just wait and board with them. Traveling with adult children and grandchildren 12 total but hopefully if we get there early it won't be an issue. Planning on around 10 AM.

A total of 12 people is massive for checking people in. I think it would be fair to say, if there's just two of you in a suite, you should join the queue with your family to board if you want to stick together, and not try to get 10 people to cut in front of others. It's different in small family groups but that's a rather large number of people to be travelling together. Just my two cents.

A total of 12 people is massive for checking people in. I think it would be fair to say, if there's just two of you in a suite, you should join the queue with your family to board if you want to stick together, and not try to get 10 people to cut in front of others. It's different in small family groups but that's a rather large number of people to be travelling together. Just my two cents.

Totally agree. How would you feel if you were in a suite and entitled to be in the suite area and someone barged in with ten extra people who did not belong there? Imagine if everyone else did this. Sometimes we have to think of others not just ourselves. Check in and board with the rest of your family but not in the suite line.

Agree. Asking them to waive one or two is one thing but asking them to board 10 people with you? The wait isn't long. We usually just board with our non-Diamond member, even though there are 5 of us who are Diamond and one that isn't. It's not a big deal to us.

unless 10 of the 12 are in a suite, no way will you be allowed to board everyone as a suite perk. thats incredibly unfair to even ask the staff to permit it. at 10 boarding will not have started yet and everyone will be shunted to the areas they are allowed to wait in..( and you can forget being allowed to check in the entire group in the suite line as well, unless the vast majority of you are in suites)

For those who suggested that I am being rude and selfish, there really is no reason to be so harsh. I was under the impression that these boards were here to ask for input from others who have experience in the subjects being discussed. If you read my comment, I said that we were just going to show up early and if it is a problem for all to board, we would wait and board with the rest of the family, no problem. I never suggested cutting in front of anyone, and certainly don't intend to be unfair to anyone. We should all consider our comments before firing off some of the negative comments that seem to be common on these boards. Thanks for those who answered in a non-accusatory tone......

A total of 12 people is massive for checking people in...

Totally agree. How would you feel if you were in a suite and entitled to be in the suite area and someone barged in with ten extra people who did not belong there? Imagine if everyone else did this...

Would agree completely.

For those who suggested that I am being rude and selfish, there really is no reason to be so harsh. I was under the impression that these boards were here to ask for input from others who have experience in the subjects being discussed.

Actually, no one said the words "rude" or "selfish", and indeed these boards are for asking questions. You asked one and it was answered.

Have a great family cruise. Sounds like fun! :)

The problem is if the majority are not suite guests if you ask to have them board with you you're putting the staff in a bad position. Either they're having to tell a suite guest no before they even board or go against policy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For those who suggested that I am being rude and selfish, there really is no reason to be so harsh. I was under the impression that these boards were here to ask for input from others who have experience in the subjects being discussed. If you read my comment, I said that we were just going to show up early and if it is a problem for all to board, we would wait and board with the rest of the family, no problem. I never suggested cutting in front of anyone, and certainly don't intend to be unfair to anyone. We should all consider our comments before firing off some of the negative comments that seem to be common on these boards. Thanks for those who answered in a non-accusatory tone......

I dont think anyone is accusing you of anything. But you are 100% showing the same pattern we see over and over again on this board. whether it's boarding time, Your question, bringing on water...

People always ask what they can or cant do. Then they get an answer that clearly is not what they want to hear...

so they say "oh, I think we will just chance it and see what happens"

That of course is exactly the entitlement everyone is speaking of...

Enjoy your cruise....

We are still a long ways out before the daughter & I board the Allure, she is Platinum & I am Diamond. If she is unable to sit with me, I will sit with her, not a big deal.
In my experience, if you're in the same cabin you can go with the highest for embark. From a gold that once sailed in a cabin with a diamond and got to go through their lines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We are still a long ways out before the daughter & I board the Allure, she is Platinum & I am Diamond. If she is unable to sit with me, I will sit with her, not a big deal.

My thoughts exactly. We are getting ready to have a fabulous vacation. Hope you all do the same! :):):):):)

Yes we are in the same cabin. This will be our first cruise together as Mom & Daughter since my husband's, Heart Attack last Sept on our Transatlantic. We have a March 11th 2019 Hawaii cruise a year before our first Oasis Class and really looking forward to cruising on such a large ship. :). We plan to have a toast to him as will friends of ours during the Hawaii cruise.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seems that after you were politely told that only those actually in suites could use the suites check in and boarding area you were going to arrive early and try to get your family through anyway by expecting port employees to break the rules for you. Yes, that would be rude and selfish. If you were saying you were going to wait with the family in the regular area and board with them, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seems that after you were politely told that only those actually in suites could use the suites check in and boarding area you were going to arrive early and try to get your family through anyway by expecting port employees to break the rules for you. Yes, that would be rude and selfish. If you were saying you were going to wait with the family in the regular area and board with them, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

So glad you caught that! I did say that we had no problem waiting with the others if that wasn't available. We are so excited to spend a wonderful week with our kids and grand kids! Hope you have a wonderful vacation too.

So glad you caught that! I did say that we had no problem waiting with the others if that wasn't available. We are so excited to spend a wonderful week with our kids and grand kids! Hope you have a wonderful vacation too.

The problem is that you shouldn't even be ASKING if this is possible. You know in advance that the suite boarding area is for those in suites. You know in advance that 10/12 in your party are NOT in suites. By even asking, you are putting the person in charge in an awkward position, asking if they will allow you to break the rules. This isn't fair to everyone else who actually paid for the suite perks. I understand that sometimes when you travel in a suite and others in your party do not, you miss out on some of the perks. That is just life.

56215595[/url'>"]56215595]The problem is that you shouldn't even be ASKING if this is possible. You know in advance that the suite boarding area is for those in suites. You know in advance that 10/12 in your party are NOT in suites. By even asking' date=' you are putting the person in charge in an awkward position, asking if they will allow you to break the rules. [/b']This isn't fair to everyone else who actually paid for the suite perks. I understand that sometimes when you travel in a suite and others in your party do not, you miss out on some of the perks. That is just life.

(y)(y)

Okay, I think I have had enough of the chastising by the cruise critic police. You have successfully accomplished the fact that I will never ASK another question on CC. Once again, I hope you all have a great trip.

Okay, I think I have had enough of the chastising by the cruise critic police. You have successfully accomplished the fact that I will never ASK another question on CC. Once again, I hope you all have a great trip.

What's the point of asking a question if you are not going to accept the answer given? Enjoy your cruise.