OM and Caribbean Princess

pms4104

When the Regal left the US for the European season, I seem to recall that the ***** work on the Regal was to be deferred til she returned stateside.

Further, the Caribbean Princess would be the summertime focus for the ***** workers, as that ship would be in the Caribbean and close to the program gurus.

Wonder if there's any progress. Any updates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

I thought it was interesting that Sam Hawker-Thomas popped up on Caribbean Princess recently. She's got a new role as Fleet Manager, Entertainment Operations now but was very influential in the Medallion rollout on Regal and continues to promote it on Twitter.

Sandra

I thought it was interesting that Sam Hawker-Thomas popped up on Caribbean Princess recently. She's got a new role as Fleet Manager, Entertainment Operations now but was very influential in the Medallion rollout on Regal and continues to promote it on Twitter.

Sandra

Well, the entertainment on Caribbean Princess needs some improvement...They did have the "on demand" TV though, which was nice.

Edited by moki'smommy

Makes no matter to me ... just curious because the ***** was rolled out, albeit on a very limited basis, with great fanfare ... and now the silence (from both Princess and CCL Corporate) is deafening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Until the initial problems are resolved you won't hear another word about it. :)

I still believe most, if not all, of the ***** experience will eventually be officially scrapped, due to feedback from our customer base...

maybe continue with Medallion.net and expand it to other ships

...but was very influential in the Medallion rollout on Regal and continues to promote it on Twitter.

That's certainly something to be proud of.

What a resume builder:

"Worked on a project that was never completed."

I'm sure lots of companies are looking for just that skill.

I still believe most, if not all, of the ***** experience will eventually be officially scrapped, due to feedback from our customer base...

maybe continue with Medallion.net and expand it to other ships

Highly doubtful... They have way too much invested in the ***** to scrap it. It's just a matter of time.

Highly doubtful... They have way too much invested in the ***** to scrap it. It's just a matter of time.

They can just throw it on the the investment scrap heap, along with "Water Fountain Show" on Regal/Royal,

the "Night Sky Lounge" up-charge on-deck nightclub, and Curtis Stone/Share.

I think the IT people have been retasked to Holland America, doing their level best to screw up the HAL website. It's awful.

OMG--yes, this is so true! I tried to sue it the other day and it is completely unusable now. I couldn't find anything I was looking for and it didn't make sense.

Sorry to interject a HAL note but couldn't help myself :D

We now return you to your regular program...

Hey - they gotta do something with the warehouse full of ***** shirts they had ready by now for the entire fleet. The shirts work.

Sorry - I'm just bitter that my upcoming Royal sailing will not have Medallion.net. I could not care less about the medallions (well, that's I lie; I'm fascinated by the IoT tech), but we hate that the ***** failure has dragged down Medallion.net with it. It would have made a material difference to us on this cruise (for fun and less fun reasons).

KCsealegs got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday and reported seeing a handful of staff in ***** polos so something must be going on

Sandra

Everything is fine with the ***** as this current report from a stock analysis company indicates:

Debuting at the Consumer Electronics Show in 2017, the OCEAN medallion offers a step-up in guest experience. The size of a quarter, it allows for keyless entry and for a guest to leave the ship and get back on, allows a guest to track and message other members of their party, gives GPS directions to any point on the ship, the capability to check out ports before you get there, to buy things without having a wallet handy and have it delivered to any spot on the ship, and not only that, learns your preferences and tailors recommendations based on them, offering every passenger a virtual concierge. As of now, it is only on the Regal Princess and is in tweaking mode before a full rollout to ostensibly all of its cruise lines.

The on-demand TV was OK. We watched all 3 movies that were available on our last cruise.

All 3 movies?

Surely there were more offered than that.:confused:

Everything is fine with the ***** as this current report from a stock analysis company indicates:

Debuting at the Consumer Electronics Show in 2017, the OCEAN medallion offers a step-up in guest experience. The size of a quarter, it allows for keyless entry and for a guest to leave the ship and get back on, allows a guest to track and message other members of their party, gives GPS directions to any point on the ship, the capability to check out ports before you get there, to buy things without having a wallet handy and have it delivered to any spot on the ship, and not only that, learns your preferences and tailors recommendations based on them, offering every passenger a virtual concierge. As of now, it is only on the Regal Princess and is in tweaking mode before a full rollout to ostensibly all of its cruise lines.

That promise sound good. Now lets see if they can deliver on that time schedule. :rolleyes::D