Final (i.e. ALL TRANSACTIONS) Seapass Receipt?

Just off the Freedom a few weeks ago. We had the deluxe drink package, and at the end of the cruise, received a small bill with a few incidental charges. Upon arriving home, I emailed Royal to see if I could get a copy of our entire transaction history on-board. I know we more than paid for the drink package, but I am interested to see how many bottles of water we received, specialty coffees, etc. Royal responded to my email by saying our transactions were zeroed out because of the package and not retained. This is impossible. They have to keep these records for safety concerns (i.e. over serving someone) and for profit/loss calculations. Suffice to say I am still trying to obtain a copy of this receipt. Has anyone else tried to get a final receipt with all transcriptions? Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Royal responded to my email by saying our transactions were zeroed out because of the package and not retained. This is impossible. They have to keep these records for safety concerns (i.e. over serving someone) and for profit/loss calculations.

Where are you getting this information from? There are times when we've had the drinks package that our Seapass cards weren't even taken from us - they glanced at them, saw we had the package and went off to get our drinks. Presumably they did record the drinks somewhere, for stock purposes if nothing else, but there was certainly no record of the drinks being associated with us.

I believe they keep records of every drink, at least for the first day or two. If someone cancels the drink package in the first couple of days, they get a full refund of the package cost and are then charged individually for every drink ordered.

Royal responded to my email by saying our transactions were zeroed out because of the package and not retained. This is impossible. They have to keep these records for safety concerns (i.e. over serving someone) and for profit/loss calculations.

Where are you getting this information from? There are times when we've had the drinks package that our Seapass cards weren't even taken from us - they glanced at them, saw we had the package and went off to get our drinks. Presumably they did record the drinks somewhere, for stock purposes if nothing else, but there was certainly no record of the drinks being associated with us.

Just my belief based on experience in the hospitality industry. For insurance purposes, they would want to record most (if not every) drink consumed, and certainly for profitability - they need to know how much to charge for the package. We sat at the same bars most days/nights and our Seapass cards were swiped without fail - even the bartenders that knew our names and saved our seats every night swiped the cards. Now, could the cost come up zero because we had the package - sure. But, the bartenders input which brand of beverage is being ordered before swiping the card - so it would seem silly for Royal to document the brand being consumed, but not the person ordering the drink. If Royal is not doing this - I think I need to apply for a job!

On a Symphony last month the seapass account shown on the TV had every drink listed under the venue name for the whole Cruise so it was possible to see how many, but not which, drinks we had ordered using our packages. The final paper bill however did not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bartender on the Rhapsody told me that he could print a receipt showing all the beverages ordered on my card. Since I had a picture of the 50 different drinks I drank on the cruise, I didn't get a written report. It is something I am planning on asking for though on my NYE cruise.

UPDATE:

After a few emails, I was provided copies of EVERY time our Seapass cards were swiped! The receipts are very interesting. I am only through day two, but I can say, without a doubt, we got our money's worth and then some from the package, especially when you factor in specialty coffee and water. Persistence pays off!

Cheers.

I am still trying to clean up a fiasco sending my kids and grandkids on a trip out of Galveston a few weeks ago. I bought beverage packages for the adults and soda packages for the grandkids but still had over $650 in charges on my CC for beverages. I have a copy of the bill but the listing on the bill states only the bar/dining room but not what was served all well under the typical $$ amount. So far Royal is trying to make amends but is taking their sweet time doing something about it. I certainly hope we can straighten this up soon.

I am still trying to clean up a fiasco sending my kids and grandkids on a trip out of Galveston a few weeks ago. I bought beverage packages for the adults and soda packages for the grandkids but still had over $650 in charges on my CC for beverages. I have a copy of the bill but the listing on the bill states only the bar/dining room but not what was served all well under the typical $$ amount. So far Royal is trying to make amends but is taking their sweet time doing something about it. I certainly hope we can straighten this up soon.

Did you not see the charges accumulating on your onboard account? It’s much easier to resolve stuff onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure they do their P&L on a more macro level, like per ship. They keep careful track of the supply orders no doubt so no need to track individual passenger's consumption.