GLBT Cruising

SleepyDF

Any special advice? My main worry is how trans friendly the ships and ports are.

My very small sample indicates no issues for the QM2 or several other ships friends have sailed on.

Things will vary port to port - there likely will be some where a DIY excursion is not advisable, at least not without extensive research.

For traveling while trans issues - if you are full time / post transition / RLE do all of your paperwork bits align? This is principally your passport + photo ID of some sort.

Any special advice? My main worry is how trans friendly the ships and ports are.

You should have no issue on any mass market line that is based in the US. Research your ports carefully, because in some you may have issues.

You should have no issue on any mass market line that is based in the US. Research your ports carefully, because in some you may have issues.

I have read that Jamaica is not LGBT friendly at all...you probably would not want to get off there (heck I'm straight and I refuse to get off in Jamaica).

Once we were parked next to an all gay men chartered ship. Only women we saw had same red skirts on, waitresses. Don't know how to find this type of cruise so ask around in gay bars, etc.

We have eaten with gay men and had no problem. They were great and who cares if they are gay or not, they are people like everyone else!

In ports just don't hold hands, act like straight men who are friends cruising together. Then there should be no problem in ports.

Edited by Bonnie J.
another thought

Go on most any cruise and have fun. Any person regardless of gender or sexual preference who makes a scene will stand out. Many LGBT cruise frequently and make the most fun acquaintances on a ship, generally due to the friendly attitude. Go and have fun.