anyone know if a single supplement sale is possible?

realnurse2

I am trying to book on the Bermuda cruise Apr28-May5 2019 and all the studio cabins are taken for a group. The agent I spoke to suggested to book an inside cabin and wait for a single supplement sale. Does this sound like something that happens regularly or should I look at other cruises? Not willing to pay the rather large single supplement on this itinerary.Thanks.

In the time I've been watching, NCL has occasionally offered reduced single supplements, but only on certain sailings, presumably those that weren't selling well. There are also occasional category reductions for particular sailings; I've seen some, usually closer to the embarkation date, where a balcony stateroom cost less than an oceanview and, once, less than an inside. That may not seem rational, but I suspect that it's driven by algorithms that consider only the number of unsold cabins in the category. It is more typical for prices to go up as the date gets closer, because fewer cabins are left, but sometimes then to drop sharply 10 to 14 days before.

I would not wait specifically for a single-supplement sale, but keep checking the prices in case anything goes down to an acceptable level.

I am trying to book on the Bermuda cruise Apr28-May5 2019 and all the studio cabins are taken for a group. The agent I spoke to suggested to book an inside cabin and wait for a single supplement sale. Does this sound like something that happens regularly or should I look at other cruises? Not willing to pay the rather large single supplement on this itinerary.Thanks.

yes, no solo supplement sales are possible but usually last minute sales.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56203595&postcount=588

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56211222&postcount=591

if you're doing a group then i wouldnt wait for one.

1) the sales are usually past final payment thus penalties if you cancel and rebook.

2) if you wait for last minute, there's no guarantee there will be one specifically for Apr28-May5 2019.

There are no "single" sales. and have no clue what your agent is referring to??

Yes, NCL does drop the supplement- but, 90%++++ of the time, it will be within a week of sailing, many times only a day or 2 prior. With you being fixed on cruise and date, it's a bad choice to wait- unless you are accepting of not going??

I late book all the time and cruise at least every month. I pick up these cruises, but, I've extremely flexible and able to make very fast decisions. Not an option for most.

Hello Realnurse2,

NCL does waive the SS in some instances. I booked an AFT PH suite on the Dawn for a September 2018 sailing. The original price was about $12,000 for 2 passengers. The SS was waived, and the base price came out less than half of the $12,000. The price has dropped twice since I booked. I received a CC credit for the first one..before final payment was due. The second one was after final payment. I received an additional OBC for that price drop

You can go on to NCL’s website, click on the horizontal bars in the upper left corner. Scroll down to Specials, scroll down to solo cruising. There are usually about 10 cruises listed with various dates that the SS is waived.

Brian

Yes, NCL does drop the supplement- but, 90%++++ of the time, it will be within a week of sailing, many times only a day or 2 prior. With you being fixed on cruise and date, it's a bad choice to wait- unless you are accepting of not going??

I late book all the time and cruise at least every month. I pick up these cruises, but, I've extremely flexible and able to make very fast decisions. Not an option for most.

This is what happened for me 3 times- I booked a studio and then within 6-8 days found the price dropped on a balcony with no single supplement and paid the difference .This past time was bettter because I also picked up a second promo

Isn't that an oxymoron? Solo Supplement Sale. :D

I've been tracking prices on cruises for 3-4 years. What I have seen is that the majority of cruises lower the solo rate (supplement) 1-4 weeks prior to the cruise date. I guess it depends on how many cabins remain unsold when that occurs.

NCL doesn't price adjust when rates drop. They will cancel and rebook under new promotions up until the final payment date, at your request.

If rates drop after the final payment date, there is a cancellation fee to make a change and rebook under a new promotion/lower rate. Looks like there may be different rules for Haven according to another post but I don't have any experience in that cabin category.

At least that has been my experience/observations.

False. NCL.com - Specials - Solo Cruiser Discounts