Health Questionnaire

CatsareCool

I always chuckled as I filled out the health form realizing that pax who should pick yes to any of the questions will pick no instead. We all know what the yes answer will result in and no one wants to do that. It really was a useless effort. If they instead ask the questions as you check in, I imagine the same result. Pax will lie to keep from being denied boarding or put in quarantine for several days.

I always chuckled as I filled out the health form realizing that pax who should pick yes to any of the questions will pick no instead. We all know what the yes answer will result in and no one wants to do that. It really was a useless effort. If they instead ask the questions as you check in, I imagine the same result. Pax will lie to keep from being denied boarding or put in quarantine for several days.

You don't even want to let medical know when after on the ship that you're not felling well.

They immediately confine you to your room for a while as a precautionary measure.

It's just like that question when you check in at the airport,

"Has anyone else had control over your bags?".

"Uh, yeah, the ship's crew had them for 8 hours or so."

Can you imagine the hassle you'd go through if you answered that question honestly?

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
spacing problems again!! ARGH.

I'm going to fill out all my extras & turn then in anyway for the next couple of years. :D

Someone posted a pdf of the sheet here once.

Didn't you edit the file, so that when they were printed, they were already complete?

April cruise in LA we had to fill it out.

As I was reading the responses, I thought that with all the paperwork they like to hand us next will be a gently reminder to wash your hands on a slip of paper with your cruise card. Then, as we board, a sign "Remember to wash your hands for 20 seconds".

With all kidding aside, on the Island it was nice to see 3 sinks before the entrance of the buffet to wash your hands. Believe it or not, I saw people just passing it by because they had washed their hands in their room before heading up and did not need to do it again. Yeah, right :(

I am glad that we do not have to fill out the health form it was a joke and a waste of time and paper.

...With all kidding aside, on the Island it was nice to see 3 sinks before the entrance of the buffet to wash your hands. Believe it or not, I saw people just passing it by because they had washed their hands in their room before heading up and did not need to do it again. Yeah, right :(...

On our last RCI cruise, they MAKE you wash them. Seriously, you cannot enter the buffet area unless they see you washing your hands. I tried many times to avoid washing my hands because I always wash them right before we go to the buffet with antibacterial soap in our cabin and touch nothing on the way up there (DH holds cabin door open, pushes elevator buttons). Nope, no go. Re-wash them again. Ugh. But I think it does really cut down on the number of Noro cases.

Handwashing is the number one preventative measure for spreading illness. Hand sanitizer is used as an alternative when you can't wash your hands. I know it takes a few minutes, but it's worth it.

On our last RCI cruise, they MAKE you wash them. Seriously, you cannot enter the buffet area unless they see you washing your hands. I tried many times to avoid washing my hands because I always wash them right before we go to the buffet with antibacterial soap in our cabin and touch nothing on the way up there (DH holds cabin door open, pushes elevator buttons). Nope, no go. Re-wash them again. Ugh. But I think it does really cut down on the number of Noro cases.

Oh no! Sailing in 2 days with my almost 84 year old mother with dementia. I can see it now at check in, they'll as if "any nausea in the last 24 hours?" With the form I can just fill it out and tell her to sign. Who knows what she will say!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Handwashing is the number one preventative measure for spreading illness. Hand sanitizer is used as an alternative when you can't wash your hands. I know it takes a few minutes, but it's worth it.

Same people who refuse to attend muster drill, same people who ignore the regulations of one bottle of wine per person and try to smuggle alcohol, same people who use the toilet and refuse to wash their hands, same people who refused to fill out the health questionnaire when it used to be required, because they didn't care how many other people became sick by becoming in contact with them, same people who brag that they remove the auto gratuities from their account and refuse to tip the crew --- those same people will also refuse to wash their hands at the buffet, pick up food off the trays with their hands, examine the food, smell it, then put it back on the tray, same people who drop the serving utensils on the floor, then put them right back on the trays, -- those same people refuse to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer.

Always the same group of people who believe they are superior and above the rule of law. :rolleyes:

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

I just got off a first time cruise on Oceania.

There is no compulsory hand sanitizing required for PAXs eating at any of the dining venues. Many Oceania PAXs just ignore the hand sanitizing dispensing machines anyway. In the Terrace buffet, food is served to you by staff. Oceania PAXs never have to worry, unlike on Princess, filthy PAXs using their dirty fingers or hands handling the serving tongs. Or picking up food with fingers or hands, then putting the food back on the trays. :eek::mad:.

Happy cruising. :)

There must be quit a line waiting to enter the buffet.

What about the DR?

Is there a wash basin there also or do they assume the people who choose the DR wash beforehand?

I just got off a first time cruise on Oceania.

There is no compulsory hand sanitizing required for PAXs eating at any of the dining venues. Many Oceania PAXs just ignore the hand sanitizing dispensing machines anyway. In the Terrace buffet, food is served to you by staff. Oceania PAXs never have to worry, unlike on Princess, filthy PAXs using their dirty fingers or hands handling the serving tongs. Or picking up food with fingers or hands, then putting the food back on the trays. :eek::mad:.

Happy cruising. :)

Oh! That's interesting about Oceania. I guess Azamara serves food the first day or so until they're sure there isn't an outbreak.

There must be quit a line waiting to enter the buffet.

What about the DR?

Is there a wash basin there also or do they assume the people who choose the DR wash beforehand?

Nope - just for the buffet. That probably would be a good idea too. And surprisingly, there's never too long of a line. There's 2 or 3 sinks and everyone just gets used to waiting for their turn. They have very rigid staff supervising the process.

You don't even want to let medical know when after on the ship that you're not felling well.

They immediately confine you to your room for a while as a precautionary measure.

DW found that out on our last cruise. Now she takes her own medicine for diarrhea.

now, if Princess will get rid of the endless paper promotions for

spa

art auctions

jewelry

port shopping at 'their' preferred partners

Better yet....get rid of art auctions, cheap jewelry/"inch of gold", port shopping lectures, champagne waterfalls, photographers and all other "nickel & diming" programs! ;)

Originally posted by floridalover5623 You don't even want to let medical know when after on the ship that you're not felling well.

Right ! So you can just infect everyone else on board with whatever you have, because you have absolutely no empathy for other people. Who cares if everyone you come in contact with catches norovirus because you refuse to wash your hands or remain in your cabin until you're well? You have no reservations about spreading norovirus throughout the ship, as long as you can walk around with unwashed hands and touch everything in sight, because you are above the rule of law, and other people's well being makes no difference to you.

The one thing I dislike most about cruising is having to sit or stand in line next to someone who has an awful cold or flu like symptoms and coughing repeatedly when they obviously shouldn’t be out of their cabin. Even worse is when someone is wondering around the buffet coughing. I’m no germaphobe but it’s a selfish act to mingle with others onboard when you sound like you are coughing up a lung. You are spreading your misery to others who have invested just as much money as you have in the voyage and done nothing to you.

If someone lies about their health on the form why don’t they at least stay in their cabin until they’re over the crude? It’s really sorry to ruin others vacation by being so disrespectful of others in this way.

Right ! So you can just infect everyone else on board with whatever you have, because you have absolutely no empathy for other people. Who cares if everyone you come in contact with catches norovirus because you refuse to wash your hands or remain in your cabin until you're well? You have no reservations about spreading norovirus throughout the ship, as long as you can walk around with unwashed hands and touch everything in sight, because you are above the rule of law, and other people's well being makes no difference to you.

Unfortunately some men and women PAXs don’t wash their hands after going to the loo. Then those kind of PAXs don’t or refuse to use hand sanitizer before going to the buffet. Picking up food with their hands, and fingers, or picking up serving tongs with their fillthy hands, and fingers.

Whatcha gonna do to stay healthy when you’re around them on a cruise ship? Call them out? Or report the offenders to food service staff?

Edited by Kingofcool1947