Help with sites to see in Bermuda

We like Horseshoe Bay. Soft, pink sand. Keep moving down the beach away from crowds.

There are shuttles from the dock to the beach for $7 per person each way. The public buses are cheaper, but it is a public bus which makes local stops. And once you are at the beach, you have to walk down and up “heart attack hill” from the top of the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We like Horseshoe Bay. Soft, pink sand. Keep moving down the beach away from crowds.

There are shuttles from the dock to the beach for $7 per person each way. The public buses are cheaper, but it is a public bus which makes local stops. And once you are at the beach, you have to walk down and up “heart attack hill” from the top of the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to know!! My teenage daughter's one request is to find Pink Beaches!! and thanks for the shuttle tip!!

There is an actual Bermuda port of call forum where you will want to go for this information. There is a treasure of threads to read that will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about that wonderful destination.

Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Awesome! thanks for the tip! I feel like CC has changed it's format since I last used it and I'm feeling lost navigating through this :)

Horseshoe Bay, Crystal Caves (with lunch across the street at the Swizzle Inn), Gibbs Hill LIght House, Church Bay for snorkeling, a morning or afternoon in St. George, walk a section of the Bermuda Rail Trail, check out some forts. No tours necessary, grab a Fodor's and buy a 2 day bus and ferry pass. island is super safe adn easy to see all on your own.

• Tobacco Bay... you can snorkel right from the shore and see more than you would on a paid excursion. (Bring a mask and snorkel from home, you really don't need the fins).
  • Unfinished Church - most peaceful place on earth.
  • Bermuda Perfumery - interesting to see the small-batch fragrances being made... even though I know I can order them online, I'll only buy them in person. (Always provides a reason to go back!)
  • Buy the bus/ferry pass!! Easy to use, great schedule, and well worth it! You don't need a tour guide!!

This was from a review that I had done a few years ago, so please assume the prices listed have increased, but the idea is the same...

Don’t be afraid to do excursions on your own. The dockyards are teaming with taxi drivers, mini-vans, glass bottom boats, snorkeling vendors, etc. that provide as good or better service than through the cruise line. Two years ago, I got a glass bottom boat tour for me, my wife and child for $50. This time, I was able to do the caves and aquarium for about $116 for all three of us. Here’s how I did it:

1. Buy an unlimited transit day pass for all members of the group. It costs $15 for adults and $7.50 for children.
  2. Take the 9:30 AM ferry from the Dockyards to St. George. (45 minutes)
  3. Go see the sites of St. George. I wasn’t too fond of St. George, so we only stayed an hour. At the ferry station, go up the hill and wait for ANY bus to Hamilton. The map claims only the 1 and 3 bus go to the caves, but the 10 and 11 bus go there as well. The stop for the caves will be next to an ice cream shop on your left. Follow the path to the cave box office. (15 minutes)
  4. After you’re done with the caves (1 hour), take the 10 or 11 bus to the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ) (15-20 minutes). Admission costs $10 for adults and $5 for children. (2 hours)
  5. Take the 10 or 11 bus to Hamilton. Walk to the ferry and take the next one back to the Dockyards.

The total cost for me and my family: $37.50 +$54 + $25 = $116.50

Through NCL: $99 per adult and $79 per child. You’re dropped off at Hamilton and are expected to find your way back to the dockyard on your own, so add travel fees, too.

Total cost for excursion through NCL: $277 + $10.50 = $287.50

That’s over twice as much!

I've not been yet, but have been doing loads of research. I'm sailing solo and plan to explore Bermuda on my own for the most part.

You can order a free guide and map from here: https://www.gotobermuda.com/ There's also lots of useful information on the website.

Also, as mentioned above, do check out the Bermuda forum here on Cruise Critic.

Coopers Island is the most beautiful beach. It's near St Davids. No food or restrooms though. We were the only ones there. A taxi driver would know how to get there. I'm not even sure the bus goes near there.

Yes the public bus still goes there. They also have a mini van service that goes there. These services are "whimsical" for lack of a better word.

We took the public bus to Clearwater beach. (The bus stop is across from there, but it is not very prominent and can be easily missed). Then walked to Turtle Beach and Cooper's Island. Walked back to that bus stop across Clearwater and took the bus back to St George's from there. I recall we did not have to wait long for the bus. The bus did two rounds around St David's before going over to St George's.

That sounds like the price for both caves. They have/had the option to do just one for a bit less.

The cost for both is $30.00. Just got the pricing from their web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Elbow Beach, as it's not as crowded as Horseshoe Bay can get. Also, there is a weekly street fair (weather permitting) on Front Street in downtown Hamilton every Wednesday evening beginning around 7:00. There are craft vendors, food, and a performance by the local Gombey dancers!

Have a wonderful trip!