Free Latitude dinners

Level six

On a 14 day cruise, do the complimentary Platinum dinners double?

The answer above is correct, but in practice things can be different.

If your 14 day cruise is just one longer itinerary then you will just get one set of vouchers.

If it is made up of more than one itinerary done back to back then it depends how you booked it. If you booked the two cruises separately then you should get a a set for each leg you booked.

Finally, if it is a back to back which was sold as one cruise then you should just get one set, but in practice it isn’t unusual for you to receive them for each leg. However you can’t really plan for that as you will only know whether you will get the second ones when they are delivered (or not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Question, I just turned platinum on my last cruise. I am sailing again in Oct. with my son and his girlfriend. We are staying in the same cabin. If I wanted to let them use one of my platinum vouchers for dinner, is that possible since we are staying in the same cabin? We are in the haven so I would have dinner there and let them have a night to themselves.

Question, I just turned platinum on my last cruise. I am sailing again in Oct. with my son and his girlfriend. We are staying in the same cabin. If I wanted to let them use one of my platinum vouchers for dinner, is that possible since we are staying in the same cabin? We are in the haven so I would have dinner there and let them have a night to themselves.

Technically, no.

But if you give your son the voucher and have him present it to the hostess when they arrive at the restaurant, there is nothing that ties it directly to you. Be cool, don’t draw attention to themselves. They should be able to have a Romaric dinner together.

Technically, no.

But if you give your son the voucher and have him present it to the hostess when they arrive at the restaurant, there is nothing that ties it directly to you. Be cool, don’t draw attention to themselves. They should be able to have a Romaric dinner together.

While it is true that there is nothing tying the platinum cruiser directly to a specific voucher, the guest dining (the son in this case) still has their card scanned at the restaurant. The system is totally aware that the person whose card was scanned is NOT platinum and therefore not entitled to use the dinner voucher.

Technically, no.

Not quite sure this is accurate infomation. On my last cruise, I had both specialy dining package and Platinum coupons. On my first visit to La Cucina, the hostes asked me when I checked in if I was using my Platinum dinner, I replied no. When the server came up, he also asked. Now, I hadn't been to the restaurant yet, didn't discuss the Platinum dinner nor did they swipe my card yet and both knew that I had one, so I would guess it is also in the computer under the person's name.

Note: You only get one laundry coupon even if there are more than one Platinum or Platinum Plus in the cabin. You can get additional coupons from the Cruise Next Manager or just write Platinum or Platinum Plus on your itemized list that you include with your laundry.

Don't even bother getting another laundry coupon for 2 platinums in the same cabin- you do NOT need the coupon.

I would NOT attempt this, unless you go with them when you check in, and have a nice tip in your hand. And still be prepared for it to not be allowed.

Technically, no.

Sorry, this is bad advice. I witnessed this happening last week on the Dawn, and the "couple" with the coupon was asked for their card. The hostess asked for the other person's card, and told them the "owner" of the coupon had to be there. Mild protests, with excuses got them nowhere.