Boarded Harmony today for Honeymoon---off to a negative start!

Wow, that was fast. Their room was available at 1:15 and you post this at 1:27? That's what they think is more important is to tell you this and not start enjoying their honeymoon?

I see it as 5 hours and 12 minutes after the cabins opened, 1.15 and posted 6.27pm The post from CruisingNole at 02.21pm

I see it as 5 hours and 12 minutes after the cabins opened, 1.15 and posted 6.27pm

I think the point the poster was trying to make is that if the OP spent a little less time focusing on the negative, the trip might be quite a bit more enjoyable.

To be honest, I can't fathom wasting precious time on a cruise to log onto this forum to complain about a bottle of champagne. I might report back on my experience after I got home, but on the first day of the trip? That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think the point the poster was trying to make is that if the OP spent a little less time focusing on the negative, the trip might be quite a bit more enjoyable.

To be honest, I can't fathom wasting precious time on a cruise to log onto this forum to complain about a bottle of champagne. I might report back on my experience after I got home, but on the first day of the trip? That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.

The OP was/is not on the ship.

Wow! The things people complain about... it just blows my mind. Their honeymoon is off to a negative start because no one decorated their room and threw them a freaking party? The last thing I would be doing after entering my room for my honeymoon is calling my mom to complain about the lack of Champaign and decorations [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple of years ago, the RC boarding staff forgot to give me my passport back after check in. I didn't notice it either. We boarded, I ate lunch, we went to our cabin and I unpacked and then started to put my passport, cc, cash into the safe when I discovered it wasn't there. Checked with Guest relations to see if it had been turned in and it had not. When it got down to when "when was the last time you remember seeing it," it was when I checked in. By this time, it was almost time for the ship to leave. Since I was afraid to leave the ship without my passport, even to go to check in, my daughter left, went to the desk and asked if they had my passport. Turned out, I wasn't the only one and a new agent had failed to give several passengers their passports back. This created a few nervous moments, but even THIS didn't cause me to post that my cruise had a negative start. Not getting to leave on the ship? Now THAT would be a negative start.

My husband and I celebrated our Honeymoon on the Allure and were never given anything complimentary to celebrate our Honeymoon. Everything needed to be purchased (room decoration kit, wine, champagne, etc). I'm a diamond member and this did not surprise me and I didn't expect anything...I knew before going all this would have to be purchased by myself or a family member.

Don't let this start their Honeymoon off negatively; it will be the trip they choose to make it! :D

No champagne- but red velvet cupcakes with an apology note about the retirement wine that was returned to the steward. My daughter and I have learned to always book through American Express Travel.

This will definitely be my last post unless it is in a roll call!

If you decide to give CC another chance, bear in mind we are not allowed to name travel agencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If this is what you call a bad start to a cruise.... Then all my cruises have had an awful start! And I'm diamond, but I don't ever go in expecting gifts, gifts are something that are a nice gesture. You aren't entitled to a gift. I bet theyll enjoy the cruise still.

Maybe many decades again they were able to do things but now you have to contact them to get a piece of cake in the dining room and if you want decorations you either purchase them or bring your own.

May I ask how old your daughter is if she is already diamond?

Our daughter and new son-in-law boarded Harmony today at 11:15. They did not receive any mention of their honeymoon. Their stateroom (Central Park balcony) was available at 1:15. When they arrived...once again no mention of the honeymoon! No welcome champagne as promised! However, they received a note and bottle of wine that said, "Happy Retirement Mom!" They notified the courtesy desk. They picked up Mom's wine and gave them a card with a reservation to the buffet at Solarium Bistro.

My daughter is currently an Emerald member; one point from Diamond. I would think that RCI would want to entice a young professional couple by showing their best efforts! :confused::confused::confused:

Swimmomneedsabreak

It's a large ship; betting they'd have better treatment on a smaller one. However, I am certain they'll still have a great time.