Boarded Harmony today for Honeymoon---off to a negative start!

OK, things are all cleared up, except one question: Did the champagne ever arrive? Usually those things show up after evening turn down....inquiring minds want to know!
Apparently everyone in the Central Park balconies get a free bottle of bubbly so I think they will have drank it by now.

A couple of years ago it was our wedding anniversary when on a cruise. We didn’t mention it to anyone, we didn’t expect anything. On the day if our anniversary we put our cards up in the cabin and went out and had a fantastic day. We went to dinner as usual and when we got back to our cabin later the door was decorated, the bed covered in rose petals and those towel swans made into a heart. A bottle of ‘champagne ‘ on ice. The next day we had a cake delivered.

All arranged by the cabin steward just because he had seen the cards. That’s what I call service.

Possible, I suppose, that your cabin steward did all that on his own, though the bottle of bubbly and cake make me think otherwise. Is there any chance at all some loved one contacted the cruiseline in advance and bought an anniversary package on your behalf unbeknownst to you? Have had wonderful cabin stewards, but none have left us wine or champagne.

Possible, I suppose, that your cabin steward did all that on his own, though the bottle of bubbly and cake make me think otherwise. Is there any chance at all some loved one contacted the cruiseline in advance and bought an anniversary package on your behalf unbeknownst to you? Have had wonderful cabin stewards, but none have left us wine or champagne.
When booking with our UK travel agents they ask if you are celebrating any particular event on your cruise so if you are that information is placed on your booking confirmation just like if you have prepaid your tips.

So, we had a wedding, thousands of dollars, honeymoon cruise, thousands of dollars. All ruined because of a $5 (wholesale) bottle of wine.....Get home, run out of coffee, marriage over
They sounded like the booking had a few mishaps first before the non arrival of promised Champagne.

They were in a Central Park Balcony where everyone gets a free bottle of bubbly so hopefully they will be fine now.

So, we had a wedding, thousands of dollars, honeymoon cruise, thousands of dollars. All ruined because of a $5 (wholesale) bottle of wine.....Get home, run out of coffee, marriage over

The original cabin booking being cancelled without notice doesn't count? People should get over such little inconveniences? After all the cruise line can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

The champagne is terrible anyway. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a double bingo..

Our last cruise on the Indy TA we received 5 bottles of champagne during our 15 night cruise, no idea why,. Took 3 to MDR and left 2 with wine glasses in the safe for the next quest. Just tell the cabin steward your missing your champagne and it will magically appear along with a ice bucket.

Over the years on 22 crusies with RCCL; many little nigly things have gone wrong, and every single time without exception, RCCL has bent over backwards to make it right...from honoring gift certs from friends without adhereing to the policy required, to moving us from an interior cabin into a balcony (free of charge) for the simple problem of not being able to sleep under the centrum restroom. So I owe them our allegiance for being there for us on many occasions. If that is cheerleading in someone else's opinion, so be it.

You have not because you ask not....if the bottle is not there, call the desk...it will be...eventually. Don't sweat the small stuff!

Over the years on 22 crusies with RCCL; many little nigly things have gone wrong, and every single time without exception, RCCL has bent over backwards to make it right...from honoring gift certs from friends without adhereing to the policy required, to moving us from an interior cabin into a balcony (free of charge) for the simple problem of not being able to sleep under the centrum restroom. So I owe them our allegiance for being there for us on many occasions. If that is cheerleading in someone else's opinion, so be it.

You have not because you ask not....if the bottle is not there, call the desk...it will be...eventually. Don't sweat the small stuff!

Hopefully they are sweating, but not over the "small" stuff :halo:

A couple of years ago it was our wedding anniversary when on a cruise. We didn’t mention it to anyone, we didn’t expect anything. On the day if our anniversary we put our cards up in the cabin and went out and had a fantastic day. We went to dinner as usual and when we got back to our cabin later the door was decorated, the bed covered in rose petals and those towel swans made into a heart. A bottle of ‘champagne ‘ on ice. The next day we had a cake delivered.

All arranged by the cabin steward just because he had seen the cards. That’s what I call service.

IIRC, those items are part of a special package that can be purchased from RCCI. Doubt the steward paid for that.

On our first RCCI cruise, we were surprised to find a "Honeymoon Package" on/in our room. The door had "Happy Honeymoon" and there were all sorts of decorations inside. We knew these were not ours but the room card opened the door. A brief inspection of the room uncovered a gift card from a TA congratulating "Mr. & Mrs.XXX" and wishing them a wonderful honeymoon.

We contacted guest services since it was obvious that someone was missing their decorations. Turned out the honeymooners were in a close by cabin. The room stewards quickly rectified the mistake.

No champagne- but red velvet cupcakes with an apology note about the retirement wine that was returned to the steward. My daughter and I have learned to always book through American Express Travel.

This will definitely be my last post unless it is in a roll call!

No champagne- but red velvet cupcakes with an apology note about the retirement wine that was returned to the steward. My daughter and I have learned to always book through American Express Travel.

From what I am reading here, all passengers booked in a Central Park balcony including your daughter and son-in-law should receive a free bottle of wine or champagne. I hope they check with guest services.

M

There are lots of nice, helpful posters on here who will help.

If you ask a question make sure you include all the details and you will receive all the support you need.

How do you like Crystal? We have two young kids so I don’t think it’s the kid friendliest line, but someday we may be able to get someone to watch them and we could go on a cruise with just me and the wife.
We love Crystal, it's like being at the Mandarin (or Four Seasons) on water. The food, Service, everything is 5 star.

It is kid friendly just not entertaining. They cater to the children just like an adult. Plus on some sailings the kids sail free. Just not many activities for them.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

no champagne- but red velvet cupcakes with an apology note about the retirement wine that was returned to the steward. My daughter and i have learned to always book through american express travel.

this will definitely be my last post unless it is in a roll call!

thank you:)

oops.

When booking with our UK travel agents they ask if you are celebrating any particular event on your cruise so if you are that information is placed on your booking confirmation just like if you have prepaid your tips.

That is not just a uK thing; we are often gmaybe always) asked about particular events when booking. So the info goes into the computer system, but we all know about that computer system. In any case, it still seems unlikely that cabin steward could/would leave unexpected wine or champagne for an anniversary couple on their anniversary unless a celebratory package had been ordered.

That is not just a uK thing; we are often gmaybe always) asked about particular events when booking. So the info goes into the computer system, but we all know about that computer system. In any case, it still seems unlikely that cabin steward could/would leave unexpected wine or champagne for an anniversary couple on their anniversary unless a celebratory package had been ordered.

There were questions about special occasions during our first booking which was on the internet. I mentioned my birthday and my retirement. Every night we got a cake for my birthday and for my retirement.

They seldom, if ever, "recognize" any occasion, unless you've paid for some sort of "celebration" upgrade. The last poster is correct....90% of the ship has a "special occasion" in which they are honoring on their cruise.

Now, if someone sent them champagne, and they don't get it by dinnertime, they need to go to customer service and see about it!

The OP clearly mentioned AS PROMISED.