Suites - Concierge Lounge - Tipping

Do you give tips to the bar staff or not and if you do, how much? Do you wait until the end or do it daily? There is usually 3 in there every night. Curious on everyone's experiences.

Tip cash every drink.

Do you give tips to the bar staff or not and if you do, how much? Do you wait until the end or do it daily? There is usually 3 in there every night. Curious on everyone's experiences.

Same here. We tip a $1.00 per drink whether in the Suite/Concierge, Diamond Lounge or using the drinks on the card.

absolutely we tip the bar staff..all of them. how much is strictly personal preference and based on how much service you feel they provided. for us, we get fairly simple drinks every night( Jack and coke for him, Poinsettias for me) . so they get tipped based on things like how often they come by to check on us, whether they automatically tp us off, etc.

as for when.. there seems to be a division on that score.. many like to tip $1 a drink every time they get one, others prefer to wait until the end and hand out larger bills. a couple of times, one of the stewards that has been there all week was absent on the last night, so we had to trust the concierge with an envelope with the name of the missing steward.

we are the latter and usually give about $40 each.

We prefer to tip a few times during the cruise then again at the end. I don't like carrying cash around the ship, and personally, not that it's cheap, but I feel handing a waiter $1.00 just isn't something I like to do. So I break it up to occasional tips ($5-$10) and a big one at the end.

We generally ask the first night if they will be there all week - they usually are. Then we tip the end of the week. Sometimes we have seen a tip jar on the suite lounge bar and sometimes we will stash some dollars in there if we go up to the bar.

Done three cruises in OS and I usually wait until the second night to see if it's the same bartender then I give him $10 or $20 and leave it at that until the last night. I also do the same if there's a table server who keeps us happy. I also do same to the concierge who works the tables. First two cruises the concierge was frequently at our SL table pre/post dinner, so I gave her $40 the third night. The third (most recent) cruise on Oasis we seldom saw either concierge leave their desk, so no extra $$$ for either.