5 Day w/ Balcony or 7 Day w/ Interior

cruiser20145

What would you choose? I can't afford the balcony on the 7 Day. The 5 Day is on the Valor, going to Progresso and Cozumel. The 7 Day is on the Freedom going to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. With airfare, they are $28 different. What would you choose?

Edit: There are no interiors with Walkway on the 7 Day left...

What would you choose? I can't afford the balcony on the 7 Day. The 5 Day is on the Valor, going to Progresso and Cozumel. The 7 Day is on the Freedom going to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. With airfare, they are $28 different. What would you choose?

Edit: There are no interiors with Walkway on the 7 Day left...

I would go with the 7 day, and try to get an interior on the Lido deck. We used to get balconies all the time, then we tried an interior on the Lido and haven’t looked back—-we don’t even miss the balcony. Although everyone’s preference is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be the odd man out :). I chose a 5 day with balcony because I wanted my husband and I to have the experiences of wine & stargazing on the balcony whenever we felt like it. Also, this is our first cruise and first time away from our kids. I kind of felt a 5 day with a day in a hotel the night before (6 days total) would be a nice intro to cruising without being away from the kids for too long. If we like it, I’m sure we will do a 7 day next.

Even though I’m addicted to balconies, I would say book the 7 day cruise. More ports, longer vacation is the way to go. And just keep watching the prices and if they go down you may get a balcony for what you’re paying now. On one cruise I kept watching cruise fares daily and ours dropped. I went from an inside to a balcony for only $30 more. :D It really pays off to watch the price.

I would go with the 7 day, and try to get an interior on the Lido deck. We used to get balconies all the time, then we tried an interior on the Lido and haven’t looked back—-we don’t even miss the balcony. Although everyone’s preference is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great compromise..an interior on lido deck. I only sail balconies, but if you are ok with an inside, this sounds like a good idea.

Definitely the 7 day. I am a definite balcony fan, however am booked in an interior for the first time next month - it was that or no cruise... I know which choice I prefer [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ll be the odd man out :). I chose a 5 day with balcony because I wanted my husband and I to have the experiences of wine & stargazing on the balcony whenever we felt like it. Also, this is our first cruise and first time away from our kids. I kind of felt a 5 day with a day in a hotel the night before (6 days total) would be a nice intro to cruising without being away from the kids for too long. If we like it, I’m sure we will do a 7 day next.
In case you're not keeping score.....17-4, make that 18-4 with my 7 day interior vote. And besides, you have never cruised before, so it is kinda tough to give an honest opinion of the comparison of a 5 day balcony versus a 7 day interior. Hopefully you'll enjoy those 5 days with your DH so that you'll book a longer one next time.