“Check in time” is exactly what time online?

Produce123

hello there. I would like to be one of the first to check in for my cruise so that I can get one of the earliest check in times available as I was not able to get Faster To The Fun. If my check in time is September 6, does that mean I can check in online at 12:01am Miami time on the 6th? Thanks for any info.

90 days prior to your cruise you pick your CHECK IN time (not boarding time) online through your cruise manager. Then the day of your cruise you show up at the terminal at that time. Once you're inside the terminal you will be told what zone to sit in. Once they start boarding the ship, wedding parties board first, then diamond cruisers, then platinum cruisers, then suite guests, then FTTF guests, then zone 1, then zone 2 and so on until all zones are boarded.

you will be assigned a boarding time, without FTTF or Platinum you will most likely not board before noon.

That's not quite true. It really depends on what time the ship is cleared for embarkation. If we don't purchase FTTF, we choose the earliest check-in time, so that we can get as low of a zone number as possible. With the exception of one time when boarding was delayed, we've never been on board any later than 11:15. And that was without FTTF.

That's not quite true. It really depends on what time the ship is cleared for embarkation. If we don't purchase FTTF, we choose the earliest check-in time, so that we can get as low of a zone number as possible. With the exception of one time when boarding was delayed, we've never been on board any later than 11:15. And that was without FTTF.

Wow - I am platinum and have never been aboard before about 11:45 - and that outranks FTTF.

OP - as you can see, with the other groups that board before regular boarding, there are going to be, depending on how many P/D passengers, at least a few hundred people on before you, even if you select the earliest check-in time (usually 10:30 ish). I would not plan on being on board at a specific time - sometimes things are delayed (like a late returning ship) and IMHO it is much better to go with an open mind and a relaxed attitude.

Wow - I am platinum and have never been aboard before about 11:45 - and that outranks FTTF.

OP - as you can see, with the other groups that board before regular boarding, there are going to be, depending on how many P/D passengers, at least a few hundred people on before you, even if you select the earliest check-in time (usually 10:30 ish). I would not plan on being on board at a specific time - sometimes things are delayed (like a late returning ship) and IMHO it is much better to go with an open mind and a relaxed attitude.

2 weeks ago on the Magic, I had a burger from Guy's in my mouth at 10:45am. BUT I agree with what you said, go with an open mind. Just wanted to show that times do vary.

Was the OP asking when he can enter info on-line now that isn't possible under 90 days out from the cruise date? Trying to be the 1st to enter data and then get a shot at FTTF or the earliest checkin time?

I doubt he wants to arrive at the port in Miami time of 12:01AM.

hello there. I would like to be one of the first to check in for my cruise so that I can get one of the earliest check in times available as I was not able to get Faster To The Fun. If my check in time is September 6, does that mean I can check in online at 12:01am Miami time on the 6th? Thanks for any info.

Was the OP asking when he can enter info on-line now that isn't possible under 90 days out from the cruise date? Trying to be the 1st to enter data and then get a shot at FTTF or the earliest checkin time?

I doubt he wants to arrive at the port in Miami time of 12:01AM.

I believe you are correct evandbob. To the OP, I think it depends on what time zone you are in. If you are in the same one as Miami, more than likely it would be 12:01 AM. If it were me and I was still awake then, I would check. If not, I'd just wait until I got up that day. It's doubtful that all of the early slots would be taken up very early on the first day.

Thanks everyone for the detailed info. I did not know there was a difference between check in time and boarding time. Now I know. Cheers!

Little secret, if you are flying into Miami, you can check in at the airport, (it is downstairs towards ground transportation, huge booth set up) they do the picture etc and put you in group 1 for boarding behind the "special" people and FFTTF. Also gets you through the terminal much faster.

you will be assigned a boarding time, without FTTF or Platinum you will most likely not board before noon.

Sorry, you will NOT be assigned a boarding time. Does not happen. You chose a check in time and when you check in you are given a boarding zone number. There is no specific time "assigned" indicating when that Boarding Zone Number will be called to go onto the ship.

Little secret, if you are flying into Miami, you can check in at the airport, (it is downstairs towards ground transportation, huge booth set up) they do the picture etc and put you in group 1 for boarding behind the "special" people and FFTTF. Also gets you through the terminal much faster.

Great tip, had been doing this for years whenever I flew into Miami.

It's been years since I've cruise Carnival and I've never actually sailed them out of Miami until now..... does this only work the day of boarding? Can you check in if you fly in one day early?

It's been years since I've cruise Carnival and I've never actually sailed them out of Miami until now..... does this only work the day of boarding? Can you check in if you fly in one day early?

Don't know, but if you are walking by the big booth it is worth asking :)

ALana

MIA airport check in is available on the day of a cruise only. There have been posts here from people who have flown in earlier who asked about returning to the airport from their hotel to do the check in there before taking a Carnival shuttle or taxi to the cruise port.

I always flew in the morning of the cruise, so never an issue for me. And after becoming a platinum or diamond, the airport check in lost some of its advantages. Now I can just drive to the cruiseport.