50% off second passenger sale

I am trying to book for the second passenger 50% off sale and it’s pricing at 100%. Has anyone been able to get correct pricing thru the website?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I do a mock booking the 50% off discount is shown as a separate line. It also could be an IT problem, which are numerous with RCL.

I am trying to book for the second passenger 50% off sale and it’s pricing at 100%. Has anyone been able to get correct pricing thru the website?

The website shows the average price per person, after the discount is deducted. You have to click on the details to see the fake price they start out with.

The pricing that you see on the first page already takes into account the 50% off the second passenger.

I took the booking all the way to putting in my CC# to pay the deposit. I should see the discount broken out on the second passenger page.

I think I’m going to have to break down and do it the old fashioned way and call RCL. I’m just one of those people that hates making phone calls

Or maybe I’ll call a TA.

This is what the breakdown looks like. As someone else said it’s really not a sale. It’s a marketing ploy to advertise and create a sense of urgency to book a cruise. By advertising in this format they can raise or lower the price at any point and as long as they offer one guest the 50% off rate they can call it a sale. I base my decision on how much I am willing to pay per day. PS I can't figure out how they come up with a Bogo savings of $1278. Must be that new common core math.

0f384ebe6bf1fcbfb976d06570f2bfc1.jpg

Edited by Iamcruzin

This is what the breakdown looks like. As someone else said it’s really not a sale. It’s a marketing ploy to advertise and create a sense of urgency to book a cruise. By advertising in this format they can raise or lower the price at any point and as long as they offer one guest the 50% off rate they can call it a sale. I base my decision on how much I am willing to pay per day. PS I can't figure out how they come up with a Bogo savings of $1278. Must be that new common core math.

Yeah, that’s what I expected to see with my attempted booking last night. When you say 50% off there is an expectation that the customer will see an actual reduction in the price.

I’ll keep trying.

On some of my bookings I find the reductions to be more than the mentioned 50% and I don't complain. Here's the breakdown on my upcoming 9 nite Anthem cruise:

Fare: 1,915

Balc. Disc. (250)

BOGO (n/r) (1,324)

Tax/fees 424

Total 2,680

Therefore, the actual discount is 69% (1324/1915).

Yeah, that’s what I expected to see with my attempted booking last night. When you say 50% off there is an expectation that the customer will see an actual reduction in the price.

I’ll keep trying.

All Royal cares about anymore are new cruisers. So if a new cruiser sees 50% off on the website, and doesn't know about the continuous fake sales, they are more likely to jump on it, thinking the price is going to jump radically any moment.

And I am and I did. RCL is the first Ive seen with a 9 day Norwegian Fjords and I did feel I needed to jump on it. Now I can take a breath and continue with my search to see if I find other possibilities. However I’ve heard nice things about RCL and would like to try them although I don’t want a mega ship with 3K+ pax.

I don't know why their IT would make any mistakes since their 50% second guest is their permanent sale gimmick.

Sometimes there may be a resident or senior discount that is not properly identified. When I do a booking, real or mock, I enter all of the possibilities available to me.