Princess EZ Air

Lisas mom

I am trying to book flights using Princess EZ Air for 4/20/19 and 5/6/19 from Boston to San Francisco and back. EZ Air shows me an early Delta flight on 4/20, but the only flights out of San Francisco on 5/6 are late in the evening on Delta. However when I go on the Delta web site it shows a flight from San Francisco to Boston at 11:40 am on 5/6/19

. Why wouldn't this flight show up on EZ air? Thanks for your help.

EZ Air's inventory changes daily, sometimes even more often. It was my experience that they added more flights as time went by. Since you have plenty of time, I would just keep checking. They don't always offer as many flights as the airlines. I waited about a month before I found a flight that the airline had that EZ Air finally showed. I was about 4 months out before the cruise.

Just keep checking.

Thank you so much. I thought it might be because the flight is before noon, that they would not carry it. The flight is 11:20 am, so I think we should make it from the pier in San Francisco to the airport in time. Again, I will keep checking.

The airlines don't release all their flights to EZ Air (at least that 's what Princess told me when I called with the same issue). They can release flights at any time, generally based on sales.

Since your cruise is a long way off, I'd just keep watching.

Thank you so much. I thought it might be because the flight is before noon' date=' that they would not carry it. The flight is 11:20 am, so I think we should make it from the pier in San Francisco to the airport in time. Again, I will keep checking.[/quote']

I don't remember what the earliest flight is out of SFO.

If the flight is earlier than Princess recommendations they will not show it or book it. They would not book a 11:20 flight for me as Princess recommendation was no flights before 11:30. Ended up booking return flight directly with the airline.

You can fool EZAir by entering the next day 5-7 to see if it will offer you that flight. If it does then the reason you cannot book it on 5/6 is that Princess thinks that is to early a flight to take out of SF. From a practical standpoint they may be correct. I’m not sure what time you are scheduled to dock but I can guarantee that they will expect you to be at SFO at least 2 hours pre flight and that is reasonable for there. Then factor in 45-60 minutes from the Pier 27 to SFO. Now we are back to 8:20 to 8:30. Princess assumes you will debark at their schedule and does not factor that you may be willing to get off on your own, so this flight probably is to early for EZAir. You may need to book this yourself if you want this particular flight. Good luck.

Great tips; thanks for feedback on EZ Air and how flights show up on the website. I did not realize flights would change two or three times in a day

And they can be changed by the airline 2 or 3 times before you sail if they are flex.....

So don't become to attached to your flights or times.....this far out....

Princess is careful when they set their early flight parameters. It's because EZ Air comes with a guarantee and if you miss the flight, using Princess transfers. any extra costs would be borne by Princess. So while a cruiser might choose to gamble with an early flight when they do their own air, EZ Air will not generally take this risk.

Hank

Princess is careful when they set their early flight parameters. It's because EZ Air comes with a guarantee and if you miss the flight, using Princess transfers. any extra costs would be borne by Princess. So while a cruiser might choose to gamble with an early flight when they do their own air, EZ Air will not generally take this risk.

Hank

Good to know thanks for this info

Hank

I and other lady on my role call recently experienced this with EZ-Air. She coming from NY, me LA....but we were both taking the same non-stop to SYD. Originally flight was leaving at 12:20pm Princess cut off 12noon. Airline changed time to 11:20am..we both had to change our flights. Price remained the same. She choose to spend the night, I had to take a flight with a layover the same day, no non-stops available after that 11:20.

Princess would not let us book the air thru them even if we wanted too....

Reason as Hank described above.

Especially with Delta .....

seems that way especially domestic....

I remember reading a thread that really slammed Delta back in Feb or March, mainly the flights were for Alaska cruises or coming to the West Coast.

I was interested in the thread as I had booked EZ with Delta in Feb. for an Alaska cruise in May.

My past experience with EZ-air was international and I had flight changes, but I expect that from international.

So I am thinking to myself as I am reading that thread, I am non-stop from SNA they won't ouch me and my flight is only 4 months away..

stupid me forgot about the "3 month shuffle"....

Needless to say, I was wrong....;p for both flights, son coming from TX on American(yes his flight changed about a week after I read that thread) and me.

But I wanted that Princess.."get me to the port" as my son was flying in the day of with a LAX layover.......you just go with the flow....with EZ-air...best laid plans often get changed

I will say we were both flying on small jets(70pax or less) and this is where it gets messy as a flight might be open to EZ-air and then a few months before with both American & Delta they just drop it from availability.

Four hours today on the phone with EZ Air. Well, 3 of those on hold waiting for a live person...

Notified by Delta that first leg of flights to SYD had been changed from non-stop to LAX then connection to Virgin Australia, to a change plane stop of 45 minutes in ATL originating TPA. Not possible for a 45 minute ATL connection especially coming from Florida with its afternoon thunderstorms delaying departures (and arrivals). Best option is non-stop from MCO to LAX as Delta discontinued afternoon TPA originated non-stops they have shown for last 6 months. Representative (finally) gives me the run around and says it will cost $400pp for the change originating airport to MCO from TPA. Delta is showing its a $500 cheaper fare Business. EZAir finally (maybe an hour talking to various reps) provides no-charge change to an earlier flight but still via ATL. Spouse is apoplectic as that it the best place to "lose" luggage enroute Australia. Argh.

So I go back on the EZAir website to look at alternatives. First one up is MCO-LAX-SYD for $500 LESS than original routing out of TPA. Same international flights originally booked 6 months ago except from MCO instead of TPA. This just 30 minutes after EZAir claimed it was $400 pp more expensive. Total time it took was maybe 7 hours to rebook and select seats online and save the $500. Happy to save the $$$ but still frustrated over the very confusing day dealing with Princess and EZAir.

Moral: nothing is ever "final" with EZAir and airline routing/fares. Check frequently and update often.