Late Dining and Anytime Dining

nash1211

We are confirmed for late dining on our cruise coming up on Triumph. I have read that some people prefer Anytime Dining. My question is:

1. Do I sign up for Anytime Dining on my account or do we just show up?

2. Can I mix and match different nights (maybe do a few nights at our late dining time and a few nights at anytime dining)

Thanks!

No, you can't mix and match. If you think you would prefer Anytime Dining you need to go to the Maitre D in the MDR and see if you can change to that. Check your Fun Times when you board for the times the Maitre D is available. We like Anytime, but just booked a cruise six weeks out and have late seating. We usually eat late (8 or 8:30), so only the flexibility of when we go is lost.

If you chose ATD, you arrive at the MDR when you like and they will either seat you or you might have a short wait. There is usually a line right at opening and then about 7 - 7:30, when those first diners are just finishing up. .

If you select Your Time Dining, you can dine at any time you like, between 5:30 and 9:30... so if you want 6 PM 1 day and 8 PM the next, no problem. Late dining means you will eat at 8:15 every evening that you go to the main dining room. If you want another time, either go to the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants.

We love the flexibility of YTD...

I have never seen the option of Your Time Dining on my account. I have only seen Early or Late. I guess that is where the confusion was coming from. I just assumed you didn't have to sign up for that.

Thanks for the feedback!

We are confirmed for late dining on our cruise coming up on Triumph. I have read that some people prefer Anytime Dining. My question is:

2. Can I mix and match different nights (maybe do a few nights at our late dining time and a few nights at anytime dining)

Thanks!

You select your dining preference when you book. If you want to change it later, call Carnival and ask to change. Depending on your VIFP status and availability, you may be able to immediately change or be "waitlisted." Diamond passengers are guaranteed their preference and Platinum passengers have priority. You cannot mix and match. You must choose one preference. You can always meet with the maître d on embarkation day (time/place shows in Fun Times onboard) and request a change. If you have Your Time Dining, you can always ask for the same wait staff at the hostess stand when you arrive (no guarantees). You may find this helpful.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3439/~/dining-room-seating-options---dinner

Thanks!

Depending on when your cruise is, if you are close to sailing or if the ship is mostly filled, the YTD may not be available anymore. A call to Carnival will let you know. If not, as others have said, when you board, you can try to see if you can find the maitre d' and switch. If no luck there, you will have 815 dining in the main dining room.

You need to choose your dining time. I think it defaults to that, so you might already have been setup for it if you already paid for your cruise. You can change though if the other times are available.

I don't think you can mix and match. 99.9% sure. It has your time on your card, so you're locked in I'm guessing.

I've always done "anytime dining," but that was for small cruises. My experience on the 7 day I just took is that we got a pager and waited 15-30 minutes every night to be seated. Not sure if that's always the case, but FYI

I guess the time isn't that big of a deal to us...I was mostly wanting Your Time Dining so that my husband and I could sit by ourselves and not at a table with others. If we ask the maître d, will they put us at a table by ourselves?

I guess the time isn't that big of a deal to us...I was mostly wanting Your Time Dining so that my husband and I could sit by ourselves and not at a table with others. If we ask the maître d, will they put us at a table by ourselves?

Hi

They will if they can. It would be best to ask the maître d' as soon as you get on the ship. Just ask where, once you board. There will be a number of other people asking about their own issues, so you might encounter a bit of a line.

have a great cruise

And don’t expect a “short” wait every night for ATD. The last time we did ATD (not my preference but our sailing companions were adamant), we had waits half of the time of 30 minutes or more. Gala Night was the worst. And we weren’t trying to eat at the “prime time” either.

If you like to eat late, stick with traditional seating...no waits..no lines...your table is waiting for YOU! If you'd rather eat earlier, then by all means, do ATD....you might want to see if you can "pre-book" a time so you don't have long waits.

And don’t expect a “short” wait every night for ATD. The last time we did ATD (not my preference but our sailing companions were adamant), we had waits half of the time of 30 minutes or more. Gala Night was the worst. And we weren’t trying to eat at the “prime time” either.

I guess we've been lucky because in all of our cruises, we've not had to wait one single time for ATD to be sat.

Also, Carnival only has cruise elegant nights, not exactly gala nights.

If one is available they will. From what I've read on here, the tables for two almost touch each other so the privacy is next to nothing. Others have complained that they are located right next to the door where the servers are constantly coming in and out.

After having a couple of not so great table mates the wife and I have opted for ATD and a table for two.

I don't recall ever having to wait more then 10-15 minutes.

Less then in most landside restaurants.

With YTD the norm is to seat you by yourself. You have to request to be seated at a group table.

If one is available they will. From what I've read on here, the tables for two almost touch each other so the privacy is next to nothing. Others have complained that they are located right next to the door where the servers are constantly coming in and out.

neither of these are true, you have to get up and walk between tables, they are at least a foot apart. I hear people exaggerate this all the time. This door location, not sure what you are talking about. you said "from what I hear?", which means to me you never had YTD or seated as 2. We have for our last 3 cruises.