move over offer question - Regal Princess

starmora

congrats - you were certainly in the positive leverage position...

that being said - how would you have felt if they had never called you back about the extra specialty voucher (29) coffee card/package(35) water(7) = $ 71

and just moved onto another customer.

pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered

but at that last, last minute, Princess must have been pretty desperate for some reason to secure your room

again, super move over off - enjoy the OBC - we sure did...;p

nice -- I had already agreed to the change but mentioned my mom was travelling and so Princess offered for her. I asked if I could have 10min to call my mom and ask her and they said yes. So, we were moving to the obstructed cabin, when I got back to them, they had worked on getting the two cabins next door to each other. NO I wasn't going to turn away that deal for ourselves, just glad they extended the offer and were willing to wait the few minutes for me to call back. I had room A702 originally

This is typically referred to as a "move down" offer rather than a move over--GREAT deal though. And nice that they'd toss in an extra $71 for mom.

There is nothing wrong with asking them to sweeten the pot a little. We got a move down offer on a B2B' date=' we'd been wait listed to have the same cabin for each leg for many months. They were able to work some magic and do it. No, I didn't love taking an inside cabin instead of the balcony I'd booked, but we got a full refund for that leg and still cruised! That bought lots of excursions and still got a nice check.[/quote']

Great deal. Princess called it a move over, but it definitely is a move down by several decks and going with the obstructed view, am glad the TA forwarded it on to me, as I said to him I wasn't willing to change cruises, but would consider a cabin downgrade -- I had a cat BD room A702 so I feel like I gave up little for quite a decent gain. Impressed - this is my first Princess Cruise (have done RC (x2), Celebrity, Carnival (x2), NCL, and Costa

did the original offer from Princess include moving you to an entirely different cruise on a different date - with a 100% refund as OBC - that's a move over...

it sounds like, it was changed to a 'move down' - which realistically could have been to a higher floor level..;p...but still on the same cruise - different cabin class - with a 50% refundable OBC...

you got an excellent deal in my opinion - and we would have jumped at it..:cool:

Since I first learned of these offers, I started looking at "what if" situations as my cruise dates near. For instance, on our Japan trip, I researched whether we could do our land portion first if we got an offer (wouldn't have worked as the later cruises were sold out...but that's when we got the "move down" rather than "move over." This can be particularly valuable on a B2B when you might be able to move over from the first leg to a cruise that would follow the second leg.

It is even worthwhile to know what you would have to pay to change flights (if didn't use EZ Air). I KNOW it is probably stupid, but it never hurts to have a few possibilities in mind in case that call comes. That way, I'm talking from a position of information rather than ignorance.

We booked through a travel agent when we received a move over offer. Our travel agent got her commission on the move over offer cruise and a $200 bonus. Which is only fair because you have to book the new cruise through a special princess person basically cutting her out of your next cruise commission.

did the original offer from Princess include moving you to an entirely different cruise on a different date - with a 100% refund as OBC - that's a move over...

it sounds like, it was changed to a 'move down' - which realistically could have been to a higher floor level..;p...but still on the same cruise - different cabin class - with a 50% refundable OBC...

you got an excellent deal in my opinion - and we would have jumped at it..:cool:

Yes originally it was the 100% refund and move to another sailing which I said no to

We’ve been cruising with Princess for years (Elite) and have never had one of these offers. Is there a “magic” formula ... specific staterooms, specific voyages, number of cruises, etc.?

This is our first cruise with princess so no clue. Had no idea this happened. A good friend of mine has done nearly 2 dozen cruises with princess and has never received an offer like the one I did. So who knows?

We’ve been cruising with Princess for years (Elite) and have never had one of these offers. Is there a “magic” formula ... specific staterooms, specific voyages, number of cruises, etc.?

Main criteria is that your cabin type (example: BC balcony) is sold out and they need it to fill GTY bookings.

Some theorize that entering into the decision are:

a) If you live near the port so Princess does not have to deal with airline bookings you have;

b) What you paid for your cruise. The less you paid the less Princess has to "bribe" you with OBC to take the offer.

When they make a move over offer it is likely to a number of people and the first ones that call Princess to say "yes" get it and others who call later do not. Not all TAs pass on the move over offer in a timely manner or, in some cases, pass it on at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a move over e-mail early this morning for our Baltic cruise on July 4th departing Copenhagen. We have been in Copenhagen for two days and have made self-touring commitments with other cruisers so felt compelled to stick with our original plans. Sweet deal for our BD balcony but couldn't see our way clear to do it. Wonder if I'll ever see another??:(

Got a move over e-mail early this morning for our Baltic cruise on July 4th departing Copenhagen. We have been in Copenhagen for two days and have made self-touring commitments with other cruisers so felt compelled to stick with our original plans. Sweet deal for our BD balcony but couldn't see our way clear to do it. Wonder if I'll ever see another??:(

what was the move over offer??

what was the move over offer??

Move to any 11-day cruise anywhere in the world and receive:

*100% cruise fare refund (as Refundable Onboard Credit)

*FREE stateroom upgrade (pending availability)

*Princess EZ Air is protected 100%

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $800 per person

Move to any 11-day cruise anywhere in the world and receive:

*100% cruise fare refund (as Refundable Onboard Credit)

*FREE stateroom upgrade (pending availability)

*Princess EZ Air is protected 100%

*Princess will cover air and hotel change fees up to $800 per person

How awful!

It’s painful to be offered something you can’t take.

I hope your cruise is especially wonderful to make up for it. A Baltic cruise is a glorious thing on its own, plus you’ve got special excursions planned. You’re going on the cruise of a lifetime, so enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How awful!

It’s painful to be offered something you can’t take.

I hope your cruise is especially wonderful to make up for it. A Baltic cruise is a glorious thing on its own, plus you’ve got special excursions planned. You’re going on the cruise of a lifetime, so enjoy!

Thanks ~ can't believe we are passing this up. If we had still been at home, I would have been tempted and simply sent my portion of the SP tour to our travel partners but here we are and off we'll go. I do think it's funny as this cruise was not selling and they kept dropping the price until it booked and now they're looking for cabins...

Thanks ~ can't believe we are passing this up. If we had still been at home, I would have been tempted and simply sent my portion of the SP tour to our travel partners but here we are and off we'll go. I do think it's funny as this cruise was not selling and they kept dropping the price until it booked and now they're looking for cabins...

[emoji1]