Booking kids club

It's rare for there to be too many kids for the club...they will "jigger" it, so that all can attend. No worries. Show up on the 1st night for orientation....that's all you need to do.

No, though rare if full some have been turned away. As another said, First come first serve. Definitely show up first nite...

Quick secret we learned after 2 years ago oasis cruise... AO picks you up at entrance to MDR at 640ish. Drop your kids off there they will be checked in FIRST! There is your inside track to guaranteeing entrance. Last month on oasis 1000 kids rarely saw an age group closed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The kids club rarely gets full. Only on maybe a vision class ship during sprjng break or other school holiday where capacity is low.

However, the nursery can definitely fill up on kid heavy cruises. The nursery can only hold between 4-16 or so based on ship and can be reserved once you board the ship. It was the first thing we ever did when we had to use it for our kids.

What time do they open for registration on embarkation day. TIA

Normally registration for nursery and AO is from 2-4.

Sometimes the nursery staff will say it’s only registration right now, but if you push them they will let you reserve hours. Initially you are given a max number of hours you can book, normally 12-20, and after two days they open booking up completely to as many as you want.

Show up on the 1st night for orientation....that's all you need to do.

You do not need to show up the first night.

It is not mandatory.

You can register the very last night if you wanted your child to use the facility.

It is not mandatory.

You can register the very last night if you wanted your child to use the facility.

While it is certainly not necessary to be there the first night and kids have indeed gone for the first time near the end of the cruise, going the first night allows the kids to meet and forge friendships. To show up later makes them the “new kid” which is rarely desirable.

While it is certainly not necessary to be there the first night and kids have indeed gone for the first time near the end of the cruise, going the first night allows the kids to meet and forge friendships. To show up later makes them the “new kid” which is rarely desirable.

In my experience some kids like it some dislike it, seems to be about 50% regulars and 50% jumbled up. My kid went the nights there were themes that appealed to him and/or was not so interested in the theater show. He made a couple friends throughout the trip, kids seem to get along pretty easy in the clubs

It's rare for there to be too many kids for the club...they will "jigger" it, so that all can attend. No worries. Show up on the 1st night for orientation....that's all you need to do.

They have a staff to kid ratio so once they exceed staffing capability or room capacity it is closed from admitting additional kids until someone leaves. They’re pretty upfront about this and I strongly approve of their policy

They have a staff to kid ratio so once they exceed staffing capability or room capacity it is closed from admitting additional kids until someone leaves. They’re pretty upfront about this and I strongly approve of their policy

I want to say for the 3-5 year olds it’s 1:15 and the older kids 1:25 in terms of counselors to kids.

It is not mandatory.

Yes, you can register whenever, but as another poster stated the first and second night are key. After 1-2 nights cliques tend to form.

It is also very important for nursery time to register and reserve in advance or it can fill up if there are lots of babies.

Yes, you can register whenever, but as another poster stated the first and second night are key. After 1-2 nights cliques tend to form..

The last thing on my mind is cliques at the kid program on a cruise ship.

We used to just dump our kids off randomly as needed.

The always did just fine......

The last thing on my mind is cliques at the kid program on a cruise ship.

We used to just dump our kids off randomly as needed.

The always did just fine......

What caring guy...especially on Father's Day. :rolleyes:

Kids personalities vary greatly just like adults. Some can be dropped off and integrate well. Others do better making those friendships at the beginning. You know your kid best and can choose if the first night is a must or if you will be more the casual drop off kind. [emoji6]