Norovirus on Star Princess

rocklinmom

We were on the cruise with our 8 year old grandson. We happily washed our hands, used the sanitizer, and came away just fine. The captain read the info on Noro twice every day, and we saw the staff cleaning like crazy. We were very appreciative of all that the staff did.

If people can't make an effort to merely protect themselves, that's pretty darn sad. We did have a lot of first time cruisers who didn't understand--and who then went on to complain bitterly after they were informed. Personally, I don't get that.

When we cruise, we start every day with a nice dose of a high alcohol content white wine [i heard years ago that it could help kill off stomach bugs quickly], and--knock wood--we've seen Noro on nearly every cruise and we've never gotten sick. Can't hurt, might help, right?

I read about the change in formula last year and bought enough to last me the rest of my cruising life

In numerous scents so I don't get tired if it

50c a bar you cant go wrong, and its nice to use, much better than the Princess product IMHO

Just remember...if it says "anti-bacterial" on the package, it won't do anything against Noro. Noro is a VIRUS.

Just remember...if it says "anti-bacterial" on the package, it won't do anything against Noro. Noro is a VIRUS.

Try reading my post on this thread, #22 before you jump in with the capital letter words and the condescending remarks

"

I take Dial antibacterial soap on board now, wont kill viruses like Noro but will maybe work on bacteria like E Coli. 2 bars for $1 at $Tree stores"

???????????????????

UST

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search UST or Ust may refer to:

Ultimate Ship Tour

I was on the June 16-23 sailing and thought the captain and crew handled it well. This was my first time on Princess and with a potential minor norovirus outbreak. Lines were slightly longer due to crew serving food but no big deal. I didn't do anything different than be a little more vigilant and listened to the captain. I actually was wondering where all the people were since there really wasn't any lines for burgers, pizza, etc..

Happy to report that it is now day five of the June 23rd cruise and no reports of noro. Everything went back to normal and I’d say about two thirds of people are washing their hands when entering the buffet (us included).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy to report that it is now day five of the June 23rd cruise and no reports of noro. Everything went back to normal and I’d say about two thirds of people are washing their hands when entering the buffet (us included).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have friends on your cruise, so this is good to hear. :)

• 3 weeks later...