Guarantee Cabin

the nurse

I booked a guarantee cabin on the Carnival Paradise for this September. When Carnival assigns my cabin, will I receive an email or should I just keep checking my Carnival "manage my booking"? Thanks!

Out of 46 cruises, we have only booked a Guarantee cabin twice (both on Carnival) because we like to know where we'll be on the ship and only want certain areas. Both instances were bookings made only a week ahead of the cruises and only Guarantees were available. Both times we did not find out the deck/cabin number of the guarantee cabin until we arrived at the port. The luggage handlers had copies of the manifest, found our cabin, and filled out luggage tags for us. I kept checking our booking right up until the day of the cruise. Some passengers find out way ahead of time, but not us. So, don't be alarmed if you don't find out until you get to the port.

Also if assigned a cabin prior to departure keep checking. With GTY bookings most cruise lines, including Carnival, reserve the right to change that cabin based of occupancy demands and lifeboat limits.

Thanks, everyone! I was hoping that I would get an email from Carnival :) I didn't realize that, if I did receive a cabin assignment, it could be changed.

Technically even if you pay the higher price to pick your cabin, you can still have your cabin changed by Carnival. They have the right to move you; it's in the cruise contract. The likelihood of this happen is slim, however, if you make sure that you don't book a room that has a greater capacity than your party. In other words, if you are two people, don't book a room for three or more.

We often do a GTY. There have been times it was assigned the next day and times it was not assigned until 4 days before the cruise. Keep checking. Do not expect an email. Only once was it changed after being assigned and we were much better off.

Even if assigned you can still be moved as it is a guaranteed cabin. just keep checking your booking to see an assignment- but right now its too early. Maybe 30 days out I would be looking

In all my years here i never heard of someone booking a set cabin and being moved unnotified

We would never let Carnival or any cruise line pick our cabin. We want to know exactly where we are located. Next to an elevator, near the kitchen, below the Lido deck, there are places we feel would be uncomfortable.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I received my cabin assignment last night. M59. Just to let you know, I did not receive an email from Carnival. I checked my booking and the cabin assignment was there!

We've only done one guarantee. It was booked about 3 weeks out & the cabin was assigned within days. Ended up being a handicap on Lido. We were very pleased with the location. There was less closet space, but fortunately we didn't pack a bunch of formal wear so we had plenty of room. The bathroom was fantastic!

Anyway, we didn't get an email - just kept logging in to check for the assignment.

We have done a GTY balcony once through a TA (only GTYs were available in balconies) and she notified us ahead of time of our actual cabin number. The only other time we did a GTY we did not get know our assignment ahead of time - the porter checked the manifest. (This was many years ago - before online check-in, when you got paper documents in the mail.)

I booked a guaranteed balcony cabin months ago for a sailing in August on the Sunshine. We are now 38 days from sailing, the ship is sold out of all cabins except inside and we have not received an assignment. Anyone have any idea when I can expect to hear?

I booked a guaranteed balcony cabin months ago for a sailing in August on the Sunshine. We are now 38 days from sailing, the ship is sold out of all cabins except inside and we have not received an assignment. Anyone have any idea when I can expect to hear?

It's just hard to say. Reading through this thread you see that there are a wide range of experiences. On the Pride in December we booked five weeks in advance and had the assignment in about two weeks.