Mariner Cruise Compass

Really appreciate all the pictures and information, sandebar. I'll be on the Mariner in December. Slightly switched itenerary, doing Nassau then Coco Cay then a sea day, but it's close enough that I really appreciate you sharing everything!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for sharing! I am beyond excited to sail on 7/13. Question for you though, how was the pool area? Just nervous about that because we have a 2.5 yr old son.

We only did the Main pool area but I heard people saying that there were a lot of activities and fun for the little ones. The Main pool was really crowded on our Sea Day, but was not full on Coco Cay day, and in Nassau. We stayed in Nassau until 11:50 PM and a lot of people were off the ship most of the day.

Thank you so much for sharing all this info about the new and improved Mariner! My SIL and her family are on next week's sailing (their 1st cruise!), and I'll be checking it out later in July with my daughter.

Noticing the Quest (now called "Crazy Quest?") is at midnight on the last night. Maybe I just don't remember but it isn't usually scheduled that late is it?

On other ships it was around 10:30 PM (I think). They also had an adult comedy show at 12:15 AM but that was way too late for us.

Aboard the Mariner! Trying to share the Day 1 Cruise Compass1ddc002e142a140d378809acb08c2117.jpg

Hello Sandebeach. Just wanted to thank you for your post. Great to be able to prepare for our first day. Have an awesome trip.

Rooms are already ready. We love our cabin aft JS 1694. I don’t think it is updated, looks like same decor as other ships we have been in, but I love the aft balcony. d0a90cbfba2821d4add3fba6c962e365.jpg0fd99aa39d1abb16d16e5c84282ae269.jpgd9a0c37f5183c8c4877d8534ea3da73a.jpg

Is this room 694 on deck 6? If so, we are booked in this room for July 6th!! We were upgraded to this room due to an issue with our reservation and I was concerned about the “obstructed view. We are also booked in room 692. Did you notice if the door could be opened to connect balconies? Thank you!

Is this room 694 on deck 6? If so, we are booked in this room for July 6th!! We were upgraded to this room due to an issue with our reservation and I was concerned about the “obstructed view. We are also booked in room 692. Did you notice if the door could be opened to connect balconies? Thank you!

1694 is a Junior Suite in the aft on deck 10..I stayed in there on a similar ship ( Adventure Of The Seas) in 2005...nice cabin..don't like all the steel coming down blocking clear views of the sea..

Big Al

Hey, sandebeach, thanks for sharing your experience. Just booked the 9/10 4-day for a quick girls trip and we are excited! Btw, where in SoFlo are you? Delray Beach, here...:cool:

Enjoy your girls trip, I bet it will be a blast. We are on A1A on Ft Lauderdale Beach.

Thank you so much for sharing! I set sail on Monday, July 9! Can't wait to get away with my husband without the kiddos!

We usually get the dining package when we cruise but figured with a short trip we could just "suffer" with the MDR except one night in Chops. :) Was the food/service ok?

I noticed that this cruise isn't allowing me to purchase only one drink package like we did last year. My husband drinks more than me and we usually only get one. Wonder if this is a new rule that both guest have to purchase it. I know about 5 years ago it was required that we both get one but then for the past 5 cruises we haven't both been required.

Also, we have a beach bed in Cococay since the cabanas were full. Do you know if that also has an upgraded lunch menu?

Was the "Mystery Dinner" offered on this trip?

1694 is a Junior Suite in the aft on deck 10..I stayed in there on a similar ship ( Adventure Of The Seas) in 2005...nice cabin..don't like all the steel coming down blocking clear views of the sea..

Big Al

Ya, agree. We didn't like the girders spoiling the view.

Royal should extend each (aft) deck to those girders and add NEW cabins...

similar to the new forward deck 12 vista cabins.....

I better shut up...they may do that...and double prices.

:cool:

Edited by Rocket3D

Anyone know if these compasses are pretty static? Or do they change from week to week? Also our itinerary is backwards with Nassau first so not sure if just days 2 and 3 are flipped.

We may book a specialty dinner but want to time it around shows.

Anyone know if these compasses are pretty static? Or do they change from week to week? Also our itinerary is backwards with Nassau first so not sure if just days 2 and 3 are flipped.

We may book a specialty dinner but want to time it around shows.

The compasses can change at any time, new Cruise Director, new Activity Director, etc.

The compasses can change at any time, new Cruise Director, new Activity Director, etc.

Thanks. I should note that we will be on Mariner in 7 weeks, but guess they can change CD at any time.

From existing compass, the first night and last night have the shows booked a bit earlier (7:30pm and 8pm) so probably safer to book dinner on night 2 or 3.

PS - Can you even make a 7:30pm show with 6pm traditional dinner?

... PS - Can you even make a 7:30pm show with 6pm traditional dinner?

Depends on the size of your table. If you are a party of two and tell the waiter you want to be finished by 7:15, you should be OK. If your table is for 12, you probably won't make it.

Depends on the size of your table. If you are a party of two and tell the waiter you want to be finished by 7:15, you should be OK. If your table is for 12, you probably won't make it.

Thanks....party of 4...so sounds like we'll be ok (if same timing of show)

I was looking at the Deluxe drink package during the last "sale" for my cruise on Mariner next May, and the SALE price was $60 pp. But I can get it on my Brilliance Thanksgiving cruise for $48.

Considering May is the first month Mariner will be in PC, I wouldn't be surprised if everything's going at top dollar.

• 3 weeks later...