Mariner Cruise Compass

The comedy show on first day was family friendly. They did an adult show last night at 12:15 AM, but I could not stay up that late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for getting back to me. Happy to hear as was hoping for a show each night (vs just a movie which we can do at home).

Hope you're enjoying Mariner. Looks like great ship....as does CoCo Cay.

sandebeach thank you so much for posting and replying to all of us! Your information has gotten me to book a room on the ship in a few months. I managed to squeeze in a 4 night in one of the new panoramic ocean view rooms on deck 12. Is it possible for you to tell/show me how you get access to these rooms. Its very hard to tell form the deck plans other than using the elevator/stairs. Do they have outside upper pool deck access? Any pictures or information would be greatly appreciated :)

sandebeach thank you so much for posting and replying to all of us! Your information has gotten me to book a room on the ship in a few months. I managed to squeeze in a 4 night in one of the new panoramic ocean view rooms on deck 12. Is it possible for you to tell/show me how you get access to these rooms. Its very hard to tell form the deck plans other than using the elevator/stairs. Do they have outside upper pool deck access? Any pictures or information would be greatly appreciated :)

There is an outside door on deck 12 with access to the stateroom corridor.

I believe for the a la carte restaurants you should get a per-person credit with the dining package. I'm sailing on Mariner next week and purchased the 3-night package and it says we'll get a $35 credit applied to any a la carte orders. I'll let know know for sure once I get the folio!

The Cruise Planner is consistently inconsistent! One footnote to the package description reads "For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit." However, another footnote reads "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater." What venues with a la carte pricing are left?:confused::confused:

I just walked over there. Definitely a hallway with cabins there. None of the doors were open, so I could not peak in. I would consider booking one of these rooms in the future, nice and close to the Solarium and main pool deck.e94c74112d68cdfd2d7fc3ca728d8bf0.jpg

Thank you. Nice picture of the entrance to room 1106, the room my wife and I have booked for the July 9 cruise on the Mariner. Now, we only have to find out what is behind that door. We can't wait to find that out in 12 days!

Thank you so much for posting and helping all of us plan our future cruises on your vacation! QUICK question. What kind of coffee maker is in your stateroom. We have a JS on our October cruise. My FIL hates Royals coffee and wanted to know if he could bring his own grinds ;).

my husband stopped into playmakers last night. He said that the menu had “bar food” type items, at a charge. We also found out that starbucks is definitely not on the drinks package, $3.25 for a small coffee. Starbucks is across from boleros, on deck 4. Also, the dog house on the pool deck has free hotdogs, but you can not use your drink package to buy a beer there.

Sent from my iphone using forums

thank you!!!

Izumi has the menu on an interactive screen outside the restaurant and there are multiple screens of food items with prices. If I get a chance tonight, I will pop in over there and ask for a paper menu that I can snap a picture of. As for Deck 11, there is an outside door to that area, but it is marked “Crew Only”. I stuck my head outside the door and snapped a balcony shot for you. d3212ce63fa86e40a4ae0c419b770159.jpga893b14d49aa0e6f85808d77377112c8.jpg

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! I was worried people could walk up beside our balcony area

Izumi has the menu on an interactive screen outside the restaurant and there are multiple screens of food items with prices. If I get a chance tonight, I will pop in over there and ask for a paper menu that I can snap a picture of. As for Deck 11, there is an outside door to that area, but it is marked “Crew Only”. I stuck my head outside the door and snapped a balcony shot for you. d3212ce63fa86e40a4ae0c419b770159.jpga893b14d49aa0e6f85808d77377112c8.jpg

On Izumi I am mostly curious for money planning how much the hibachi experience is since this is not listed on the cruise planner. Thank you for your updates and answers.

Also what date in September are you cruising? we are going on the 9/28/18 3 day

Edited by twalker002
add

Thank you. Nice picture of the entrance to room 1106, the room my wife and I have booked for the July 9 cruise on the Mariner. Now, we only have to find out what is behind that door. We can't wait to find that out in 12 days!

Actuarian...are you on Periscope? CruiseLifeRick has a scope of this exact room from Adventure back in March. This set of rooms were also added to Adventure during the latest dry dock. I imagine it's going to look pretty similar for Mariner. It was after watching that scope that I decided to grab a JS on deck 11 instead of one on a lower deck. Not sure if CC will allow me to post the Periscope link but I will try.....

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bgO61TF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MURYeHlYYldMV25KTRWICiViQIBcD1T0OO2tJQBlRrPw-4OWrIkb3Wi6bml-

Edit: I think it worked...happy viewing.

On Izumi I am mostly curious for money planning how much the hibachi experience is since this is not listed on the cruise planner. Thank you for your updates and answers.

Also what date in September are you cruising? we are going on the 9/28/18 3 day

When I go into the cruise planner, it shows as $45 per person. I can reserve the Izumi Hibachi experience on Cruise Planner (by paying that amount) but I cannot reserve Izumi without being at a hibachi table (for sushi only) like I have done on other ships. I would add that my wife has COPD and she is scared to sit at a hibachi table because she might inhale smoke there.

Edited by actuarian

Actuarian...are you on Periscope? CruiseLifeRick has a scope of this exact room from Adventure back in March. This set of rooms were also added to Adventure during the latest dry dock. I imagine it's going to look pretty similar for Mariner. It was after watching that scope that I decided to grab a JS on deck 11 instead of one on a lower deck. Not sure if CC will allow me to post the Periscope link but I will try.....

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bgO61TF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MURYeHlYYldMV25KTRWICiViQIBcD1T0OO2tJQBlRrPw-4OWrIkb3Wi6bml-

Edit: I think it worked...happy viewing.

Thank you very much for the link. It did work. Of course it comes from the Adventure so it does not tell me for sure whether the room on the Mariner behind that closed door is really finished or not.

Thank you very much for the link. It did work. Of course it comes from the Adventure so it does not tell me for sure whether the room on the Mariner behind that closed door is really finished or not.

Yes, that it does not tell you. But it will give you an idea of what the room will look like once done. If you watch that replay, he does mention that those rooms were opened sometime after the dry dock. I recall similar comments back in February when Adventure was coming out of dry dock that they did not finish them in time. But, the comments I remember from then stated that they could not even access that hallway on Deck 11 to look. The fact that Sandebeach was able to get there and take a pic is very promising for you in July, and myself, in August [emoji4]

My husband stopped into Playmakers last night. He said that the menu had “bar food” type items, at a charge. We also found out that Starbucks is definitely not on the Drinks package, $3.25 for a small coffee. Starbucks is across from Boleros, on Deck 4. Also, the Dog House on the Pool Deck has free hotdogs, but you can not use your Drink package to buy a beer there.

That is weird. Possibly a mistake? Maybe the staff who waited on you had not received proper training?

The Cruise Planner is consistently inconsistent! One footnote to the package description reads "For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit." However, another footnote reads "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater." What venues with a la carte pricing are left?:confused::confused:

Izumi for sushi.

Thank you so much for posting and helping all of us plan our future cruises on your vacation! QUICK question. What kind of coffee maker is in your stateroom. We have a JS on our October cruise. My FIL hates Royals coffee and wanted to know if he could bring his own grinds ;).

I don’t think so. It is a Mr Coffee but it uses pods