Prohibited items?

Notonboard

Definitely not listed on the prohibited items listing. Of course they state it is not an exhaustive listing but I don't see why it would be prohibited. Like fishywood said, it will have to be empty when boarding and re-boarding.

Princess listing of prohibited items: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

As long as it is empty when you bring it on. And when you return from each port.

It may also need to be empty when taking it off the ship. My nephews had to dump their coffee when going into port. You can only take sealed / packaged food / beverages off the ship (in most ports). Bottled water is fine.

It may also need to be empty when taking it off the ship. My nephews had to dump their coffee when going into port. You can only take sealed / packaged food / beverages off the ship (in most ports). Bottled water is fine.

Yes so the empty part is a given. The reason that I am questioning is that coolers are prohibited.

Yes so the empty part is a given. The reason that I am questioning is that coolers are prohibited.

Then, you will be fine. I take my thermal cup all the time ... keeps coffee hot and ice cold. It has saved me many times.

Are we allowed to take canned soft drinks aboard and if so what is the limit? Thanks

However much you are able to carry on yourselves. No restrictions on non-alcoholic beverages (bottles, cans, or cartons) just note that the latest version of the Passage Contract implies that any beverages in checked luggage are subject to confiscation--including allowable wine and sodas or water. So no more slapping a luggage tag on a case to hand to the porters.

So no more slapping a luggage tag on a case to hand to the porters.

Is this something new? We just did this last year and had no issues with the case appearing in our cabin with our luggage....we have always done this with princess and never had any issues.

However much you are able to carry on yourselves. No restrictions on non-alcoholic beverages (bottles, cans, or cartons) just note that the latest version of the Passage Contract implies that any beverages in checked luggage are subject to confiscation--including allowable wine and sodas or water. So no more slapping a luggage tag on a case to hand to the porters.

Where do you see this? Below is a quote from the current passage contract and it makes no mention of non-alcoholic beverages other than luggage is subject to inspection. Your presence may be required to open the luggage for inspection which is inconvenient, but packing non-alcoholic beverages in or as luggage is not against the rules as I read them. Non-alcoholic beverages are not contraband.

"At embarkation, all luggage is subject to scanning and any contraband, including alcohol in excess of the allowed amount, will be removed and discarded."

I had to check this out, for my own curiosity. A 64 oz thermos, when I looked it up at Walmart, was the size of a coffee pot. I did read, however, that athletes use these all the time to stay hydrated. . When I compared it to my regular bottle of iced tea brand, the size of the thermos equals 9+ bottles.....which takes me over a week to drink....I guess I'm not taking in enough fluids....

I had to check this out, for my own curiosity. A 64 oz thermos, when I looked it up at Walmart, was the size of a coffee pot. I did read, however, that athletes use these all the time to stay hydrated. . When I compared it to my regular bottle of iced tea brand, the size of the thermos equals 9+ bottles.....which takes me over a week to drink....I guess I'm not taking in enough fluids....

64 ounces of daily liquid is the widely accepted recommendation. Not sure why you think this is a big deal.

We gave a case of soda to the porters in April. No problems.

64 ounces of daily liquid is the widely accepted recommendation. Not sure why you think this is a big deal.

I didn't say that, I did say,however,athletes need that much. At this point, my body can't handle that much liquid