Latest you can stay in stateroom on last day

europe4fun

Specifically on the NCL Epic (Barcelona RT), when do you have to be out of your stateroom on the day if disembarkation?

I’m in no rush, walking off with my luggage. Don’t want to wait in a public lounge.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Europe4fun,

I just returned from the Breakaway in the Baltics and on departure day, they said they wanted all passengers out of their cabins by 9 am and off the ship by 10. We were in no hurry either and left our cabin at 8:35, had breakfast (in the Haven dining room) and left the ship about 9:30.

Lynne

To be fair to the stewards we try to vacate our room by 8am whatever time the NCL advise. Then we often wait to be last off the boat just before 10am (we are invariably going to a hotel). In between we have a slow breakfast and then spend time in a lounge reading.

My wife is the type that if we have reservations for something at 5, I have to tell her 4:00....and even then it's a 50/50 shot if we make it on time.

We always tip our steward in the morning of the last day (usually in the $10-15 per day range). And every cruise, I am always ready to get off, and she is always on her time...and every steward has always been ok with us hanging in the room way past the time they announce everyone to be off. I'm assuming it's due to just being handed an envelope of cash, but they were getting that regardless, so maybe it's the timing of that helps.

Edited by MrMike45

Try to look at it from the other side of the gangway...

When it comes time for your cruise to start, do you want to get on board, or do you want to sit in the terminal for hours while someone from the previous cruise tries to see how long they can stay in their cabin on the last day?

You may not be a hurry to go home, but there are a couple thousand folks waiting to start their cruise.

And, FWIW, the people taking off their own luggage are called to debark first...right after the VIPs.

To be fair to the stewards we try to vacate our room by 8am whatever time the NCL advise. Then we often wait to be last off the boat just before 10am (we are invariably going to a hotel). In between we have a slow breakfast and then spend time in a lounge reading.

For the stewards turnover day is the longest day of the cruise. We normally get off first thing, in line around 7:30. Room stewards are up prepping at 6am and doing turndown service until 8-9pm. Those guys have a tough enough job, I figure the sooner we are out the sooner they can get to work

They want you GONE ASAP...there is a whole BUNCH of new cruisers waiting to board. Your cruise is over when you go to bed the last night. Get up early, and get yourself in gear.....leave, so they can allow a new batch of vacationers onboard!