Symphony of the Seas - Bed Placement

Okay, since I can’t figure this bed placement thing out. I’m asking about mine too. 12202? I have a feeling it’s going to be the one I don’t want lol

Bed by the balcony.

• 1 month later...
How do you figure bed placement out. I know they alternate but how do you know which is which.

I would like to know about

Thanks

14174. Balcony

14176 Bath

Just a note her that this is an odd pair and I’m not 100% certain on 174.

Cabins are basically pairs. Find a connecting pair and looking at it from the hall the room on the right will have the bed by the balcony and the room on the left will have the bed by the bath. The connecting door is between the two cabins sharing the middle wall that does not have the bathroom. This pattern carries on with every adjacent pair.

In the case of your cabins they are a pair however the connecting door to the accessible cabin to its right (not part of the pair) is on the wrong side. It could be that in this cabin the couch has been replaced by a chair and a connecting door added.

This is not at all meant to be sarcastic. I am curious as to why some people prefer one side to the other. We have had bed placement on both balcony and bathroom sides and actually have no preference. Are we missing something? Thanks.

This is not at all meant to be sarcastic. I am curious as to why some people prefer one side to the other. We have had bed placement on both balcony and bathroom sides and actually have no preference. Are we missing something? Thanks.

It is not that you’re missing something, in our case we prefer the bed by the bath so that there is more open space and couch closer to the balcony. The reason we like this is when friends are over for a pre-dinner or post dinner or post show drinks we have more space together between the balcony and then an open area just inside the balcony door for socializing.

However, on the other hand when it was just “My Wife” and myself cruising with no other couples she really enjoyed the bed closer to the door so that as she slept at night she could hear the waves and see the ocean from her bed in the morning.

We like to have the sofa by balcony so to have a better view outside from it during the day time when sitting on it or when at the desk.

At night when in bed we have the curtains closed so there isn't a view anyway. Even when resting on bed during the day one really isn't looking outside as you have your eyes closed most of the time.

• Like 1

On Oasis and Allure when the bed is by the closet it does not leave very much space between the closet and the bed and accessing the closet is awkward. It is mainly this reason that people prefer the bed by the balcony.

On Harmony and Symphony the cabin is configured differently with wardrobes beside the bed and no closet per se so it is not issue.

Quote: We like to have the sofa by balcony so to have a better view outside from it during the day time when sitting on it or when at the desk.

At night when in bed we have the curtains closed so there isn't a view anyway. Even when resting on bed during the day one really isn't looking outside as you have your eyes closed most of the time.

We like to have the sofa by balcony so to have a better view outside from it during the day time when sitting on it or when at the desk.

On Oasis and Allure when the bed is by the closet it does not leave very much space between the closet and the bed and accessing the closet is awkward. It is mainly this reason that people prefer the bed by the balcony.

On Harmony and Symphony the cabin is configured differently with wardrobes beside the bed and no closet per se so it is not issue.

Thanks Steve, Bob and Ken for your insight and opinions. You all make sense and we should all still have happy sailing no matter where the bed is!

Ken, this is precisely why I care about bed location on Oasis and Allure but is a non-issue on Harmony and now the Symphony.

Ken, this is precisely why I care about bed location on Oasis and Allure but is a non-issue on Harmony and now the Symphony.

When we were on the Harmony we heard that when the bed is closer to the door you constantly can hear your neighbor closing their cabin door. I guess maybe their neighbors always just slam the doors.

Sent from my iPad using Forums