Cruise PROS I need help!!! off boat excursions websites

Jmlardin

Cruising on Oct 6-13

I need advice on which website to book for excursions off of the ship

Carnival Glory Western Carribean

Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel

Refund gaurentee a must

Please help!!!

I agree with Bruce. Look at the Ports of Call forum for each of your ports. Lots of recommendations for excursions there. Also look at TripAdvisor and read the reviews of those excursions that interest you. THEN go to the website of the excursion provider and look at their terms and conditions to see what their refund policy is. I prefer to book directly with the provider, and not through 3rd parties like Viator, Expedia, TripAdvisor , etc.

Depending on WHAT you want to do, you might not even NEED an excursion! Beaches and shopping are very easy to DIY....all of GC is an easy DIY day...the buses are great, run regularly and are cheap!

You need to do some research on your ports, so you can get the most out of your time ashore. Either google your ports, or get a guidebook.

Cruising on Oct 6-13

I need advice on which website to book for excursions off of the ship

Carnival Glory Western Carribean

Belize, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel

Refund gaurentee a must

Please help!!!

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic.

Besides the Port of call threads on this site, you can find a lot of information about tour operators and different excursions on TripAdvisor.

Once you find some excursions that are of interest, you can come back here to the port of call threads and ask if anyone has used a specific operator for a given tour. That way you can get more opinions on any given operator. Even on TripAdvisor you can ask specific questions and generally get some response within a few days, but on this site you will get many more responses much quicker.

hope this helps

55+ cruises and these are our favorites. We have used them each many times - all are very friendly and reliable and cost much less than the ship excursion.

Belize - cavetubing.bz Best cavetubing company in my opinon. They all have safety training and have excellent equipment. The caves are amazing - such a neat experience.

Roatan - ronystours.com Rony is just the best. He has great rates and will make sure you have a fabulous day! I recommend visiting the monkeys, zipling(South Shore Canopy), and gorgeous West Bay. Hire a private driver just for your family for only $25 pp, then add the extras you'd like.

Cozumel - Black Hat tours. Crescencio has become a friend. He has a nice van. I HIGHLY recommend Punta Sur. A little further than all the "popular" beach locations - but it's so incredible. Relax in a hammock with very few people in sight compared to shoulder to shoulder at the closer beach clubs. Beautiful sand and a nice reef.

Grand Cayman - Stingray Sailing Chip will make sure you have a great time whether you are a pro snorkeler or first timer. Stretch out and relax on his catamaran. The stingrays are amazing. From Chip's boat, carrying 20+/- people, you will see the ship excursion double-decker boats just packed with people - totally different experience. His prices are such a value for a fabulous day!

Grand Cayman - Stingray Sailing Chip will make sure you have a great time whether you are a pro snorkeler or first timer. Stretch out and relax on his catamaran. The stingrays are amazing. From Chip's boat, carrying 20+/- people, you will see the ship excursion double-decker boats just packed with people - totally different experience. His prices are such a value for a fabulous day!

We are on the fence about using the ships excursion vs a private one for Stingray City. Mainly because on RCCL you get priority tendering if you book through them. How long did it take you to get off the ship?

Thanks

Laurie

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Priority tendering would definitely NOT make the decision to use ship vs. Chip. Just go early to get a tender ticket. You will be off right after the ship excursions. We've gone with Stingray Sailing at least 4 times. EVERY time we see the massive boats packed with ship passengers. No way I would want to be in a crowd for such an awesome experience. Chip anchors away from other boats. You can easily interact with the rays without being surrounded by people. The relaxing sail back to port is amazing. Stretch out and relax on the front of the catamaran - so peaceful.

I research each port, listing places of interest to us, using the CC travel boards, tripadvisor, google searches, viator, expedia, etc.

In addition to listing points of interest, I also list the names of tour operators included in any of the reports. We either book directly with a tour operator or a ship's tour. Never book through 3rd parties like Viator or Expedia.