Menu question

My family just booked a Christmas cruise on the Allure. My brother in law's girlfriend is bringing her parents. They only speak Slovakian. She has some questions that I cannot answer. Maybe someone here knows the answer:

Does the cruise ship have menus in Slovakian, or can the menus be provided in advance, so we can prepare translations before we go?

I don't know if you will be able to get reliable copies of the menus in advance. I've seen Spanish language menus, but I seriously doubt they have Slovakian menus on hand.

Will the girlfriend be able to translate?

She can, but says that she doesn't want to spend half an hour translating the menu every time we go to eat.

If you post the itinerary, we may be able to find a review that has menu scans, but there is no way to know if they will be the same in 6 months.

Also, the menus will be posted on the wayfinders around the ship and also outside the MDR after lunch. So there will be time before dinner to do translating if that's what it comes to.

My family just booked a Christmas cruise on the Allure. My brother in law's girlfriend is bringing her parents. They only speak Slovakian. She has some questions that I cannot answer. Maybe someone here knows the answer:

Does the cruise ship have menus in Slovakian, or can the menus be provided in advance, so we can prepare translations before we go?

We are on this cruise as well. Here’s a link to the roll call.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2595248&page=3

Once on board go to the dining room and explain your situation. They should be able to provide menus for each night so that you can translate at your leisure instead o& a5 dinner. They may also be able to pair you up with a Slovakian waiter.

You could also try sending an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com about 3 weeks prior to your cruise asking if they could seat you at a table with a Slovakian waiter. No guarantees but it’s worth a try.

I was on a Celebrity cruise near a Chinese couple that didn't speak English. They got printouts each night. Granted, I think someone just took the menu and ran it through Google translate, so I can't speak to the accuracy.

If they (or you) have a smartphone, load the google translate app and the slovak-english translation (I believe if you use this one time it will load and stay on the phone). Then, with, or without, cell service, you just start the app and point the camera at the text you want translated and it will translate for you. Try it before you go to make sure it will work for what you need, but I have found it works very well for the more common languages (spanish, french, even Korean).

Steve