What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We have booked an inside GTY in the IF category. We also received an offer to upgrade. We have bid on a balcony, but haven't heard back yet (not unusual as we're still 40+ days to sailing). Last night they assigned us an inside cabin. Does this mean the chances of receiving the upgrade are less, or do they typically assign cabins in a GTY ahead of accepting/denying your bid? Thanks.

We have booked an inside GTY in the IF category. We also received an offer to upgrade. We have bid on a balcony, but haven't heard back yet (not unusual as we're still 40+ days to sailing). Last night they assigned us an inside cabin. Does this mean the chances of receiving the upgrade are less, or do they typically assign cabins in a GTY ahead of accepting/denying your bid? Thanks.

Getting your room assignment is not tied in any way to your bid. Don't worry.

Ok, so let's live up to the thread title and provide more information ... so the offer to bid came for OV [$55 min - ~350 max] and balcony [$75 min - 450 max]. If you read one of my prior posting you'll know that I love my inside cabin location and I won't upgrade it to OV for free (at one point it was the same price to upsell, I called NCL to confirm, didn't do it and more recently I was regretting that dumb decision). Anyways, so I ended up bidding balcony : -)[emoji108] there was a 'poor', 'fair', 'good' and 'excellent' in like a "bid-do-meter" but too much money for me to bid outside of 'poor'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

What does "got the banner" mean? Did you get the upgrade?

It’s an invitation to bid on an upgrade that appears like a banner when you log into your booking. The banner says “Let’s get you upgraded”.

If you’ve received an invitation to upgrade, it will also appear in the messages section of your booking.

What does "got the banner" mean? Did you get the upgrade?
The banner will show up once elegible and it shows up when you login to your 'My NCL' account, that will give you the opportunity to bid. Hey, I suggest reading this entire thread, it has all you need to know about the upgrade program but there are experts here if you have any questions.

We booked out cruise about 2 months ago on the dawn in an inside cabin and got our allocation the following day, we put in a bid to upgrade about a month ago and it came through today, I wasn't expecting to hear anything yet as we're not sailing until November.

We're on the dawn from Boston on the 9th Nov for 9 nights. We had an inside IF and bid $150pp for a balcony which was in the poor zone, we've now got a BA cabin in a great mid ship location on deck 9.

It's currently around $700 difference in the price of an inside to a balcony, so I'm more that happy with the price.

Looks like the insides must b pretty much sold out so that's why upgrades are being done now to free up cheaper cabins.

I made a bid on The Bliss for Sept 22 sailing still never heard anything from NCL. Will they contact me letting me know something .

They will contact you 48 hours prior to sailing if your bid is rejected. If your bid is accepted, they may contact you any time between now and then.

We booked out cruise about 2 months ago on the dawn in an inside cabin and got our allocation the following day, we put in a bid to upgrade about a month ago and it came through today, I wasn't expecting to hear anything yet as we're not sailing until November.

We're on the dawn from Boston on the 9th Nov for 9 nights. We had an inside IF and bid $150pp for a balcony which was in the poor zone, we've now got a BA cabin in a great mid ship location on deck 9.

It's currently around $700 difference in the price of an inside to a balcony, so I'm more that happy with the price.

Looks like the insides must b pretty much sold out so that's why upgrades are being done now to free up cheaper cabins.

Congratulations! Very well done....

The banner will show up once elegible and it shows up when you login to your 'My NCL' account, that will give you the opportunity to bid. Hey, I suggest reading this entire thread, it has all you need to know about the upgrade program but there are experts here if you have any questions.

I have put in a bid for an upgrade and I know about the program but just not familiar with someone calling it the "banner". Thanks for the info.:)

It’s an invitation to bid on an upgrade that appears like a banner when you log into your booking. The banner says “Let’s get you upgraded”.

If you’ve received an invitation to upgrade, it will also appear in the messages section of your booking.

Thank you for the information.:)

I didn't get anything on my ncl account when I signed in, not even in my messages, only way I had it was via email.

For my November cruise this is how I heard about the upgrade offer too. There is/was no banner or message. This cruise I booked with a TA.

I just booked a last minute B2B cruise and have upgrade banners and messages for both cruise and received an upgrade email for one of the cruises. These cruises I booked directly online with NCL.

I am excited to post that I was visited by the upgrade fairy this morning! I am on the cruise to Canada and New England leaving on September 28 on the Norwegian Gem. We went from a Guarantee Oceanview Room on Deck 8 to a Family Balcony on Deck 9 for $125pp. Others on muni cruise were upgraded and paid $70-75pp. Our boat still has a good amount of availability and we are only 11 days out.

Edited by maribrat2006

Thought I would post this since I have been doing research over the last month or so trying to decide on what to bid on my upcoming cruise. Given that this is a September cruise and not fully booked, I went back and forth on what to bid. We had an aft balcony on the Getaway. Last time I checked there were quite a few Haven rooms still available to book (as of a week out of the cruise). I didn't bid on any mini-suites as I preferred my large balcony. I bid the absolute minimum on spa haven room and courtyard penthouse room. I bid low-fair on forward-facing penthouse, and medium-fair on aft-penthouse. Today is Tuesday before the cruise and received an email saying we got the forward-facing penthouse H7. So excited because it's my husbands 50th birthday trip! I had no idea what to expect but I thought I would put this out there for anyone else who's trying to figure out if this whole bidding thing actually works. Glad to say it worked for us and I'm comfortable with the amount I paid. I had to stop myself from over-bidding in these last few days as I started to get my heart set on staying in the haven and was afraid my bid was too low. Good luck to everyone else, hope your bids work out, too!

Thought I would post this since I have been doing research over the last month or so trying to decide on what to bid on my upcoming cruise. Given that this is a September cruise and not fully booked, I went back and forth on what to bid. We had an aft balcony on the Getaway. Last time I checked there were quite a few Haven rooms still available to book (as of a week out of the cruise). I didn't bid on any mini-suites as I preferred my large balcony. I bid the absolute minimum on spa haven room and courtyard penthouse room. I bid low-fair on forward-facing penthouse, and medium-fair on aft-penthouse. Today is Tuesday before the cruise and received an email saying we got the forward-facing penthouse H7. So excited because it's my husbands 50th birthday trip! I had no idea what to expect but I thought I would put this out there for anyone else who's trying to figure out if this whole bidding thing actually works. Glad to say it worked for us and I'm comfortable with the amount I paid. I had to stop myself from over-bidding in these last few days as I started to get my heart set on staying in the haven and was afraid my bid was too low. Good luck to everyone else, hope your bids work out, too!

Thanks for posting the details and congratulations!