Blu- Dress code confusion

musik07

Don't forget that those that dine in the buffet are also covered by the 'smart casual' , so around the ship after dinner there is a variety of attire to be seen!

Not necessarily correct, when eating in the buffet you are allowed to wear shorts.

first time with celebrity I booked aquaclass, I will never book something different! Dining and having breakfast at the blue is wonderful (even if I've never tried mdr) for clothes, I would say to women that you have to be happy when you get dressed, even if they have removed the gala evenings, I have always seen fabulous women.

advice wear clothes in suitcase for the weight ;-)

We are also sailing on July 28 and booked Aqua Class. I plan on wearing jeans every night, so you will not be alone. On cruises, I typically wear jeans and a polo shirt. I am on vacation so I choose to wear what is comfortable and casual. I dress up enough all year long. Enjoy!

We are booked in Aqua for the July 28th cruise and the more I read the more confused I am about the dress expectations for Blu at dinner. We sailed in regular balconies last summer and I brought a dress for every day and felt overdressed many nights. I was thinking about bringing a pair or black or navy tops and a few nice tops some nights this summer but then we booked Aqua. I have just started doing some research and now I am confused. Do I go less dressy than I was planning, are leggings and a long top appropriate (everything would be covered and I wear this to my business casual job multiple days week), can I do jeans, sandals and a nice top? I would like to start getting the dressy clothes together as school is out and I just washed all of my 'teaching clothes' for the summer so I can pack those away in my closet or suitcase now! Any help is appreciated as I don't want to stand out either way.

We dressed for dinner- but were comfortable- never felt overdressed. I would suggest you dress as you please as if you were going to dinner at any nice restaurant. Found most people dressed well most nights in all of the restaurants. Fancy jeans (not rips) , sandals and tops are acceptable . Except for Chic nights- IMO better to be overdressed then underdressed.

We have cruised with Celebrity three times in the last six years, always Aqua Class . We loved it. People have dressed up more 2012, there were gala nights and most women were wearing long dresses or really gowns, men often tuxedo. Blu was not different regardless whats on their page. Now it is far more casual but on our last cruise in 2015 I have still not seen jeans in Blu for dinner. Might be even more casual now. Most women wore either a summer dress or nice pants (chinos, dressy pants, capris) and nice tops, often with a little glitz. I personally will bring a cocktail dress for the evening chic night and my dh will bring a suit. In my personal opinion it´s just nice if people stick to a dress code all over the ship at a special night because thats part of the atmosphere. But you can definitely wear whats on your list.

We have cruised with Celebrity three times in the last six years, always Aqua Class . We loved it. People have dressed up more 2012, there were gala nights and most women were wearing long dresses or really gowns, men often tuxedo. Blu was not different regardless whats on their page. Now it is far more casual but on our last cruise in 2015 I have still not seen jeans in Blu for dinner. Might be even more casual now. Most women wore either a summer dress or nice pants (chinos, dressy pants, capris) and nice tops, often with a little glitz. I personally will bring a cocktail dress for the evening chic night and my dh will bring a suit. In my personal opinion it´s just nice if people stick to a dress code all over the ship at a special night because thats part of the atmosphere. But you can definitely wear whats on your list.
i

The dress codes only applies to the dining rooms not the rest of the ship. That was eliminated Several years ago.

Am on Solstice right now in Aqua Class, and we’ve seen everything from jeans and a sweatshirt (even on Evening Chic night) to cocktail dresses and shirt and tie. Very few suits or fancy dresses. Trousers or nice jeans and a golf short or oxford shirt for men and pants/nice jeans and top or a simple dress for women will be perfectly fine.

While the dress code may only apply to MDR, most people do dress up regardless of venue.

Have been on many celebrity cruises and witnessed this.

I do not know if I would say "most" - in my experience it is a good mixture of people dressing up and others opting for more casual attire. There is certainly enough of both occurring that nobody will feel like they stick out regardless if they opt to dress up or don smart casual attire.

:cool::cool:

Not necessarily correct, when eating in the buffet you are allowed to wear shorts.

That's a good one to throw into the mix 😂. As later posts say, expect to see people wearing shorts through to wearing a tuxedo 😁

:cool::cool:

That's a good one to throw into the mix 😂. As later posts say, expect to see people wearing shorts through to wearing a tuxedo 😁

Correct and now many people will go back to their rooms and change after dinner, years ago you couldn't do that. We usually at lease once a cruise will eat in the buffet for dinner, its a totally different experience than it is for breakfast and lunch, must less crowded.

If you are cruising the Caribbean, it is usually much more casual but if you are cruising Europe, I've found those to be dressier. That's probably why you see such differences - I see it more related to where you are cruising.

On our Baltic cruise last year a couple wore jogging bottoms almost every night in Blu. We originally booked Aqua to avoid the formal nights, I tend to wear smart jeans or suit trousers with a shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you are cruising the Caribbean, it is usually much more casual but if you are cruising Europe, I've found those to be dressier. That's probably why you see such differences - I see it more related to where you are cruising.

Absolutely, we did Alaska and it was perhaps the most casual of all our cruises. Very few tuxes or suits and loads of people in jeans. I don't bring Jeans on Caribbean cruises and I live in them at home in Pa. Just part of the layering that we brought to Alaska.

Here lies my confusion. I keep seeing posts that go back and forth. I really don't want to bring dresses for every night (I am trying to bring only one smaller suitcase this summer and I typically fly a suitcase and a duffel) if possible and bringing a pair of pants, a pair of jeans and maybe leggings would let me mix and match with a lot less!

I do not think you are confused at all, you pretty much know what you want to pack so go ahead with your plan and no worries!

maybe throw in a nicer dress in case you do get the urge to wear it,. Many are easy to fold or roll to pack. Also no problem repeating outfits..,esp if only worn for a short time or easy wash in sink.

We are always in AQ..We do see jeans more than in the past,..but dressy ones, as opposed to ones for gardening or marketing. Have never seen leggings on the ship outside of the gym, but expect we will see them more as they are apparently now in style.

Guidelines are guides, some enforced, some not. Observations differ...although I will never agree that jeans are formal wear...

Edited by hcat

Thanks for your help. I will probably throw in a maxi dress or two and a sun dress. However I am going to mainly shoot for dressy tops and either jeans or black pants. I may take a pair or two of leggings and a tunic top as well since they the majority of my wardrobe!

Thanks for your help. I will probably throw in a maxi dress or two and a sun dress. However I am going to mainly shoot for dressy tops and either jeans or black pants. I may take a pair or two of leggings and a tunic top as well since they the majority of my wardrobe!

Wife does nice sundresses and capris...

Wife does nice sundresses and capris...

Thanks. I don't own capri's since the school I teach at doesn't allow them (we have a weird and strict dress code that makes no sense). I taught all day today in the 100+ heat in jeans and was fine. I am usually cold in the air conditioning so I will be just fine in long pants!

Sounds like you are already packed and ready to go now...

bon voyage

Just don't feel you have to have a different outfit for every single night! Particularly on longer than 7 nights. Repeat things, particularly the bottoms. No one sees those under the table and no one cares or notices if you have the same pair of white slacks three out of 10 nights and the same black pants 4 nights. change up tops and jewelry, scarves, and you're set. Seriously, no need to pack too much.

Just don't feel you have to have a different outfit for every single night! Particularly on longer than 7 nights. Repeat things, particularly the bottoms. No one sees those under the table and no one cares or notices if you have the same pair of white slacks three out of 10 nights and the same black pants 4 nights. change up tops and jewelry, scarves, and you're set. Seriously, no need to pack too much.

I plan on taking one pair of black pants and maybe one pair of kakis if I still fit in my ones from school (I have lost a good amount of weight since February and I have been holding off on buying more work pants until I am totally back to school in the end of August). I will just change up tops. No reason to bring a scarf to the caribbean and I am not a jewelry girl, I work with special needs kids that tend to grab and rip it off. But I absolutely and going to pack as light as possible.

I plan on taking one pair of black pants and maybe one pair of kakis if I still fit in my ones from school (I have lost a good amount of weight since February and I have been holding off on buying more work pants until I am totally back to school in the end of August). I will just change up tops. No reason to bring a scarf to the caribbean and I am not a jewelry girl, I work with special needs kids that tend to grab and rip it off. But I absolutely and going to pack as light as possible.

They do have cleaners on board- one pair of pants all week? even two?

We are booked in Aqua for the July 28th cruise and the more I read the more confused I am about the dress expectations for Blu at dinner. We sailed in regular balconies last summer and I brought a dress for every day and felt overdressed many nights. I was thinking about bringing a pair or black or navy tops and a few nice tops some nights this summer but then we booked Aqua. I have just started doing some research and now I am confused. Do I go less dressy than I was planning, are leggings and a long top appropriate (everything would be covered and I wear this to my business casual job multiple days week), can I do jeans, sandals and a nice top? I would like to start getting the dressy clothes together as school is out and I just washed all of my 'teaching clothes' for the summer so I can pack those away in my closet or suitcase now! Any help is appreciated as I don't want to stand out either way.

Looking good is always a good option! I