Cruisin' Alaska

Dusk52

Good evening everyone.

I wondered if anybody has ever done a Northbound Alaska Cruise and then booked a Southbound Alaska Cruise together. Is this possible? Also, does anybody know of a 10 or 14 day Alaska cruise?

Thank you in advance for your time and help. :cool::cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690;);):-)

Holland America does 14 day cruises in Alaska...we are doing one in 2019, they aren't two 7 day combined, the itinerary is unique. Princess does a 10 day roundtrip out of San Francisco.

There is no reason you couldn't do a back to back as you describe...it is done and called a B2B (Back to Back).

Good evening everyone.

I wondered if anybody has ever done a Northbound Alaska Cruise and then booked a Southbound Alaska Cruise together. Is this possible? Also, does anybody know of a 10 or 14 day Alaska cruise?

We're doing a north and a south on Coral Princess this year. Have done them in the past. Also have taken the 10 day out of San Francisco on Princess. I think there is a round trip out of LA next year.

The round trip out of LA on Princess is a 12 day cruise, and includes stops at Victoria, Canada, and Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan, and a scenic day cruising Glacier Bay. There are also a few sea days both coming and going. Not terribly port intensive, which is great if you like sea days. If experiencing more of Alaska is more your desire, this might not be a good pick.

HAL has a 14 day round trip cruise out of Seattle that has ports like Kodiak, Homer, Anchorage and Icy Straight Point along with the normal ports and also visits Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. We have done this itinerary a couple of times and loved it.

We have also done several back-to-back cruises -- out of Vancouver. Vancouver to Seward and then Seward back to Vancouver. Some of the ports are repeated.

Do the North bound on one ship and switch to another line for the South bound.

Excellent idea. Spend a week or so in Alaska, possibly even changing disembarking and embarkation ports, between the two cruises!

Last year we did the 10 day Princes out of San Francisco. We enjoyed the cooler weather since we live in the Phoenix area. Last year I spotted where Carnival had a 14 day to Alaska out of Long Beach and booked it. That sailing has been sold out for two months now. Keep an eye out for possibly more two week sailing to Alaska out of LA since this length of cruise time is very popular. I agree a seven day back to back is nice. I would try to sail into Seward rather than Whittier. Just our preference.

Good evening everyone.

Thank you in advance for your time and help. :cool::cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690;);):-)

We went south from Seward to Vancouver and then back to Seward. And stayed in SW Alaska (Denali, Katmai...) and Anchorage for a nother couple of weeks. Saw the same ports on both legs which was great, could get a first overview and then explore a few areas in more depth. I cannot imagine booking anything as short as 7 days unless you live right by the embarkation point.

Stan

We have completed numerous B2B's out of Vancouver to Alaska. Yes, the ports will probably repeat, as will the menus and most entertainment, but we find they have so many choices, you don't have to eat the same meal or watch the same shows the 2nd week.

Returning to ports a week later permits opportunities to see points of interest you missed the first time.

• 3 weeks later...