OMG!!! Another cutback!!! I'm devastated (JK)!

LCTXcruiser

The variety of the old grill was much better and prior to Guy's Burger Joint, it offered the opportunity for more options being provided during their Late Night Snacks. I'd much rather have the grill options on another cruise line than bother with Guy's Burger Joint.

While the grill might have offered more variety, I find a better selection of things I enjoy at Guy's.

Guy's burger - check

Bourbon BBQ sauce - check

fried mushrooms and onions - check

Guy's Fries - check

Chipotle Mayonnaise - check, check, check!!

Doesn’t look like Carnival has upgraded much as all we have is a mention of guy’s burgers/ more food , the app and if on the right ship the decor

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, here's just a sample of non-food things I consider upgrades compared to my first Carnival cruise in 1992.

Serenity area

Cloud 9 Spa

More hot tubs

More outdoor deck space

More balcony cabins

Sports deck activities

Waterworks

Your Time Dining

Internet

Guest Services kiosks

Better shopping venues

Private island port

More comfortable beds

Personally, I like most of the changes that have been made over the years. I don't need things to stay frozen in time. That would get incredibly boring.

Guys an upgrade. Wow they are good but very greasy. That upgrade CUT Steak Sandwiches, Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Strips, Nachos and Hot Dogs with Chili & Cheese. Steak Sandwiches were great! I love how all those cutbacks equal an upgrade. Then there's the TV channel upgrade, LOL

Guy's burger is an upgrade?? They are the greasiest and worst burgers at sea . Upgrade lol

I would have to agree. Heart attack on a plate. Plus, I don't really believe that people LOVE them. While I will split one with my husband, if you walk around the Guys area and down the hallways, you will see a lot of uneaten leftovers. Burgers with one bite taken out or only half eaten. We once saw a guy with a burger that had either 3 or 4 patties on it. He barely took 2 bites and left the rest.

People think "Ooh, Guys"! The lines are long at Guys but the waste is incredible.

I love my ships on a stick. Not into souvenirs but my ships on a stick sit proudly on a shelf in my office. When work starts getting to me I look at my ships and think "keep on putting up with crap so you can go get another ship on a stick".

I had to post after hearing about J. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but I have to admit, I didn't look too hard;p).

This is a perfect example of blatant "fake news".

Threadstarter might as well have posted that Carnival cruisers will be given accommodations in a kayak from today forward.

This just provides Heald with another opportunity to "bash" Cruise Critic (probably already on his Facebook page)

Those of you who are always starting threads, how about adopting a little bit of responsibility.

And no, I don't care one way or the other about a cheap plastic trinket attached to a stand.

I had to post after hearing about J. Heald saying that they are going to stop giving out the "ship on a stick". I haven't seen any posts yet (but I have to admit, I didn't look too hard;p).

It got me to thinking about all the people who are constantly complaining about the cutbacks. I don't know about ya'll, but I can live without the chocolates, table cloths, "ships/stick" etc. The one thing I never see mentioned is all the upgrades that have been done.

So with that said.... how about a positive post for once! :D

Name your favorite upgrade you've seen on the ships. I'll start it off ..... Guys Burgers!!!! Absolutely love them!!

Please share this actual post ( or the date of his post, or copy and paste some wording from the post...something ) ..I follow him on facebook and read it all the time. I have never seen this, and you know if it was true, there would be 10 post started here already.

I also love guys burgers, but lets clarify the ship on a stick before people get in an uproar :)

Plus, I don't really believe that people LOVE them.

I'm a new cruiser so haven't had Guy's burgers, but I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos, reading forums and Facebook groups and the overwhelming majority of people rave about them. Except for this forum, everything I've seen says people love them. This forum is the only place I've seen negative comments.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Forums mobile app

Blue Iguana - Best “upgraded” tacos at sea

...and for me, the price of cruising a week to the Caribbean in an Oceanview room is the best vacation value on earth... The only cutback that would negate that would be if they no longer included MDR and Buffet... (ok, now, I’ll bite my tongue)

I'm a new cruiser so haven't had Guy's burgers, but I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos, reading forums and Facebook groups and the overwhelming majority of people rave about them. Except for this forum, everything I've seen says people love them. This forum is the only place I've seen negative comments.

I have to agree with you, overwhelmingly people rave about Guys burgers in ever other medium where it is discussed. But I would suppose that those who would get upset about no tablecloth are same sort that would not appreciate a good ole juicy burger and toppings bar.

Since this was supposed to be a "positive thread," supposedly (I have a hard time thinking of a thread that bashes folks with a different opinion as positive), and for the record, I do like Guy's burgers. I also like the "new" pizza. Honestly though, I'm a little unsure that a trend toward fast food and away from quality "real" food is an upgrade. Overall, the food was better ten, maybe even five, years ago. If someone wants to call it an upgrade though, then who am I to disagree. Right?

I really love the new(ish) internet packages. The social media one is enough for me to just keep in touch at home and for $4 daily is prepurchased it think it is quite reasonable.

I also really love the Cheers program especially now that all drinks like coffees etc are also included. I would love to see a change to the program though that it can be purchased for just specific days and used on HMC. I just find it's not really worth it on a 7 night cruise as I can't keep up for htat many days!! LOL

In one of his live streams he was answering someones comment which said that Carnival should get rid of the Ship on the Stick because people do not earn them. He then said that the Ship on a Stick is not going anywhere.

I saw it on Facebook.

Was actually told during trivia in the Miracle in May that they were doing away with them and doing something different. When asked why they said the company that makes them was going bankrupt. Was going to ask on here when I got back if any had heard similar. So like always only time will tell. I like collecting and try to get one for each ship I go on.

I have to agree with you, overwhelmingly people rave about Guys burgers in ever other medium where it is discussed. But I would suppose that those who would get upset about no tablecloth are same sort that would not appreciate a good ole juicy burger and toppings bar.

Hey I miss the tablecloths but sure appreciate my Guys Burgers and love the toppings bar.

The Hub app is my favorite upgrade. Being able to message my family, purchase pictures, look at the interactive ships map, see what daily events are going on, and check my account all on my phone is so nice. Because of this app I no longer have to lug around the ships map and the fun times, which I always set down somewhere and lost. Just skipping having to go through hundreds of pictures to find mine makes this app one of my all time favorite upgrades. :D

For me having a small map of the ship or paper Fun Times folded in a pocket is less of a problem that carrying a phone and worrying about losing it is a more desirable :)option.

I love my ship on a stick!! It is perched proudly in my curio cabinet with all my other important items. In fact out of everything I have displayed in my curio cabinet it is the one thing I value the most!!! Every time I look at it I am reminded of all the fun and great memories I had on that trip where I won it at a game show thing on Carnival Liberty. Maybe for those of you who win them all the time it means nothing, but lol I’ve never won anything in my whole life!!! It was a happy moment and my ship on a stick transports me back to relive the memory.

Was actually told during trivia in the Miracle in May that they were doing away with them and doing something different. When asked why they said the company that makes them was going bankrupt. Was going to ask on here when I got back if any had heard similar. So like always only time will tell. I like collecting and try to get one for each ship I go on.

I only have 2 now, the first one was from my 2008 cruise on the Pride and the ship part was a model of a Spirit-class ship, the other one that I just got in back in May on the Miracle was just a generic Carnival ship that didn't look like any one specific class, kinda disappointing that they no longer look like the ship you got it on.

Guy's burger is an upgrade?? They are the greasiest and worst burgers at sea . Upgrade lol

1) This is supposed to be a positive thread

2) We won't book if it doesn't have a Guys! Best burgers ever :)

3) My vote is for MUCH EASIER check in with much shorter lines!

Ok, here's just a sample of non-food things I consider upgrades compared to my first Carnival cruise in 1992.

Serenity area

Cloud 9 Spa

More hot tubs

More outdoor deck space

More balcony cabins

Sports deck activities

Waterworks

Your Time Dining

Internet

Guest Services kiosks

Better shopping venues

Private island port

More comfortable beds

Personally, I like most of the changes that have been made over the years. I don't need things to stay frozen in time. That would get incredibly boring.

Couldn't agree more! Thanks!

True statement.

I love my ships on a stick. Not into souvenirs but my ships on a stick sit proudly on a shelf in my office. When work starts getting to me I look at my ships and think "keep on putting up with crap so you can go get another ship on a stick".

I love it! Great point!!

Since this was supposed to be a "positive thread," supposedly (I have a hard time thinking of a thread that bashes folks with a different opinion as positive), and for the record, I do like Guy's burgers. I also like the "new" pizza. Honestly though, I'm a little unsure that a trend toward fast food and away from quality "real" food is an upgrade. Overall, the food was better ten, maybe even five, years ago. If someone wants to call it an upgrade though, then who am I to disagree. Right?

Food is rather subjective and generalizing by saying it was better back when really does not mean much to anyone but yourself since there is no specific reasons offered. Just my personal opinion I find food options better now than 10 years ago but again that is subjective and everyone will have their own opinion. I don't cruise because the food is the best there is, really most things offered on a cruise is not the best quality if looked at by itself, but the sum total of things offered in the setting it is offered in makes cruising a good value to most people regardless of cruise line.