2 and 3 year old in kids club?

I'M traveling on the Allure ship in August with my 2 and 3 year old. Will they allow me to put my 2 yer old with his sister in the kids club? He'll be 3 in April but they won't want to be separated...

No, they won’t. If he was turning 3 in a few weeks or maybe a month or two there could be a chance they’d make an exception, but definitely not for a 2 year old that doesn’t turn 3 for another 8 months. Additionally, being fully potty trained is a requirement of being in the kids club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No - Adventure Ocean begins at age 3. Children have to be 3, completely toilet trained, and no pull-ups. Aquanauts is for ages 3-5. They are strict on ages, probably due to insurance regulations.

Correct...Aquanauts is where the age policy is strictly enforced...an insurance liability.

I'M traveling on the Allure ship in August with my 2 and 3 year old. Will they allow me to put my 2 yer old with his sister in the kids club? He'll be 3 in April but they won't want to be separated...

nope. if they are not 3 the day the cruise starts, they are ineligible for the club.

Just off HOTS & I spoke with a mom with 2 kids under 3. She said Carnival has free programming for the under 3 crowd if that is important to you.

Since the OP is sailing in August, I think it’s a bit late to switch over to Carnival don’t you think?

Since the OP is sailing in August, I think it’s a bit late to switch over to Carnival don’t you think?

How is your rude response to another poster helpful to the OP? Nasty.

OP - if the child is not 3 AND potty trained they will not make an exception. However, it does not hurt to ask YMMV.

How is your rude response to another poster helpful to the OP? Nasty.

OP - if the child is not 3 AND potty trained they will not make an exception. However, it does not hurt to ask YMMV.

No less helpful than the post to which I responded. Since you are concerned with being helpful, why just parrot four prior responses that said the same thing? And, no, asking will definitely not help.

Well, as someone who works in AO, there may be a slim chance. But it depends on number of kids and the manager.

As long as a 2 year old is completely potty trained and able to communicate and follow instructions they may be allowed a trial in aquanauts, but be prepared for a trial in the nursery first for the staff to assess that.

A 2 year old (or any bump up or down for that matter) is only ever a trial. One mess up (ie one potty accident) and it' back down to the nursery.

Don' let people make up stuff about insurance, the real reason is they don' want to be over run with unpotty trained 2 year olds. You sign to say you want your kid in aquanauts and physically take them...so what insurance liability?! Lol.

It never hurts to ask but be prepared for a no...

Well, as someone who works in AO, there may be a slim chance. But it depends on number of kids and the manager.

As long as a 2 year old is completely potty trained and able to communicate and follow instructions they may be allowed a trial in aquanauts, but be prepared for a trial in the nursery first for the staff to assess that.

A 2 year old (or any bump up or down for that matter) is only ever a trial. One mess up (ie one potty accident) and it' back down to the nursery.

Don' let people make up stuff about insurance, the real reason is they don' want to be over run with unpotty trained 2 year olds. You sign to say you want your kid in aquanauts and physically take them...so what insurance liability?! Lol.

It never hurts to ask but be prepared for a no...

A very useful post that is helpful to the OP. It never hurts to ask. I have been pleasantly surprised by how Royal is willing to accommodate certain requests if they can.

Unfortunately CC is beset by rude posters like Geri. I hope the OP wasn't turned off by her and reads your post.

The rules clearly say the child has to be THREE years old to participate in Adventure Ocean. Those are the rules. Why oh why would anyone ask if their 2 1/3 year old could participate. Having a sibling has no bearing whatsoever. I get so tired of hearing people ask if the rules could be broken for 'their child'.

The rules clearly say the child has to be THREE years old to participate in Adventure Ocean. Those are the rules. Why oh why would anyone ask if their 2 1/3 year old could participate. Having a sibling has no bearing whatsoever. I get so tired of hearing people ask if the rules could be broken for 'their child'.

So sorry.... I haven't cruised before and didn't realize my question was so offensive to you.

• Like 1

So sorry.... I haven't cruised before and didn't realize my question was so offensive to you.

Don't worry about it - enjoy your cruise. Your question was not offensive. You will see these boards can be very hard on people - poster didn't know you hadn't cruised before.

The problem is that so many families try to push the limits and don't accept stated ages/rules, etc., which can often put staff in a difficult position, as they try not to "offend " anyone. Many people, for example, try to put swim diapered kids in pools; which is not allowed. Everyone says their child is toilet trained! One accident can mean pool is shut down for several hours.

Enjoy your first cruise and feel free to ask questions.