How often do Meet N Mingles get cancelled?

I've found the Carnival Cruise Critic M&M's are not well supported, even when there's enough to schedule signed up to one. The exceptions have been on the new ships Horizon and Vista. Either not enough signed up initially or when the minimum was met, not enough showed.

When the CC roll calls were more active, the informal M&G's arranged by the posters seemed to work out better. Carnival doesn't do a great job with the timing of the M&G's. it's almost passive aggressive how they set up the timing.

I usually send a quick email to Host Laura regarding the turnout and other feedback after I get home from a Carnival cruise.

I've found the Carnival Cruise Critic M&M's are not well supported, even when there's enough to schedule signed up to one. The exceptions have been on the new ships Horizon and Vista. Either not enough signed up initially or when the minimum was met, not enough showed.

When the CC roll calls were more active, the informal M&G's arranged by the posters seemed to work out better. Carnival doesn't do a great job with the timing of the M&G's. it's almost passive aggressive how they set up the timing.

I usually send a quick email to Host Laura regarding the turnout and other feedback after I get home from a Carnival cruise.

Yes I agree, they are either scheduled at 9 am or your invitation never arrives in your cabin!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We attended one last October on Magic. It was listed in Funtimes and we received an invitation in our stateroom. It was scheduled for 5:00 pm. Over 25 signed up for this event, but only 6 showed up. Carnival had a room set up with juice, tea, water, snacks, and cookies there for us. I wouldn't blame them if they quit having these, due to poor attendance.

If a meet and greet is something you really wish to do, I would recommend joining the one on social media for your sailing. Those meet and greets are always very popular and there will be lots of people meeting there.

I believe that Carnival is doing themselves a disservice by the poor handling of these Meet & Mingles... On NCL, the planning and keeping up with attendees is totally handled by a passenger / volunteer, and not the cruise line itself. These are almost always well attended, (often more than 100 attendees) and the head officers from each department are there to answer any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, they give you a card with their direct phone extension, in case you do need help with anything. They go out of their way to greet each person, and see how their cruise is going, and if their's anything they can do to make it better. During the cruise, the officers are always walking about the ship and talking to passengers to try and help in any way they can. They know, that we (the Cruise Critic members) are the ones most likely to go home and write a review of their experience, (either good or bad) so they try to engage the guests as much as possible. Carnival should take advantage of this opportunity, and try to better engage with their passengers...

On my last cruise on the Magic, it didn't have the numbers for Carnival to schedule one. The roll call thread was very inactive though, so I didn't expect it to make.

On my October 2017 cruise on the Ecstasy, the M&M had maybe 10 people show. I enjoyed it- we had a great conversation with one of the entertainment staff guys as well as the hotel director. I really appreciated how they took the time to chat with us. You can go to larger meetups from another social media network, but those don't have ship staff members coming to them. The M&M always feels special.

We had one in 2017 that was not well attended although more than 25 had signed up. I think only 7 of us attended it + the cruise director.

Last year on 1/7/18 Pride Journey's cruise, we had a huge turnout. Many of us were part of a group cruise.

On my last cruise on the Magic, it didn't have the numbers for Carnival to schedule one. The roll call thread was very inactive though, so I didn't expect it to make.

On my October 2017 cruise on the Ecstasy, the M&M had maybe 10 people show. I enjoyed it- we had a great conversation with one of the entertainment staff guys as well as the hotel director. I really appreciated how they took the time to chat with us. You can go to larger meetups from another social media network, but those don't have ship staff members coming to them. The M&M always feels special.

Oh but they do, if you organize them through John Heald.

Because I was kinda looking forward to the one for our upcoming cruise but I got an email this morning saying it didn't meet the minimum number of participants (25) and thus was cancelled.

That’s part of the deal. You have to get 25 signed up.

I believe that Carnival is doing themselves a disservice by the poor handling of these Meet & Mingles... On NCL, the planning and keeping up with attendees is totally handled by a passenger / volunteer, and not the cruise line itself. These are almost always well attended, (often more than 100 attendees) and the head officers from each department are there to answer any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, they give you a card with their direct phone extension, in case you do need help with anything. They go out of their way to greet each person, and see how their cruise is going, and if their's anything they can do to make it better. During the cruise, the officers are always walking about the ship and talking to passengers to try and help in any way they can.

Carnival could certainly take a lesson from NCL on how this is done. Our NCL Meet and Greet was the best I've been to. About fifty people showed up and every senior officer was there except the Captain.