Can YC people dine in the MDR?

DaveOKC

Some of our group are in the YC, while others are not. I know that the non-YC people cannot dine in the YC dining area, but can YC people dine with the others in the MDR? I have heard conflicting reports on this and was wondering if it depends on whether the non-YC people had Fixed or Open dining??

What are the rules on this?

Some of our group are in the YC, while others are not. I know that the non-YC people cannot dine in the YC dining area, but can YC people dine with the others in the MDR? I have heard conflicting reports on this and was wondering if it depends on whether the non-YC people had Fixed or Open dining??

What are the rules on this?

No you can't. They now have 6 seatings in the MDR because of the overflow.

The simple answer is no, the reason being that the other two dining rooms are there for the rest of the ship so it is not possible to accommodate people from the YC. Having said that on an odd occasion that people choose not to use the dining room it might be a possibility but you would have to wait until at least 15 minutes after dinner service has begun.

I agree with the other posters. They did not seem flexible about the issue last month. A couple in YC tried, even offering to wait for a quiet night or a no-show in the MDR. They were not successful. Booking a specialty restaurant would be the best option, the Trio package Trina mentions would be the best value.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stoneman ... On Seaside you can only dine in the Seashore dining room if you are booked in Aurea! we have done it twice so far, though in April we moved to a fixed time for 4 nights to have a waiter who we had at Xmas and on previous MSC cruises. It was on the proviso that if those who should have been there turned up we would go back over to the Aurea part of the Dining room.