Zoom Package Needed or Not for sending messages to kids on ship?

I have not cruised with RCCL in a long time.

Does the Adventure of the Seas Ship have their own App to use while on the ship to communicate with others with there devices while on the ship. Carnival has something like this where you don't have to get the WIFI Package. The WIFI Package I noticed on RCCL is a lot more expensive then carnival and didn't want to get it unless needed.

We have a 14 year old daughter we let roam sometimes and we want to be able to text her on her phone but wasn't sure if wifi package was needed for this or not???

We could use imessage for free last week on Harmony. My approach was to wait and see what happened on the ship after we were sailing. We even received iMessage is from home. Saved us $40. Phones on airplane mode with wifi connected to royal wi-fi

We could use imessage for free last week on Harmony. My approach was to wait and see what happened on the ship after we were sailing. We even received iMessage is from home. Saved us $40. Phones on airplane mode with wifi connected to royal wi-fi

That’s a known bug on Royal IQ compatible ships. The same was true on Anthem two months back. Unfortunately, not on Adventure.

That’s a known bug on Royal IQ compatible ships. The same was true on Anthem two months back. Unfortunately, not on Adventure.

We were not using the Royal IQ app, just the wifi. I would still wait until you are sailing and try it before you spend the $.