Fleet Modernization Info.

DrivesLikeMario

They said top deck forward. I've never been up there so can't speak to size or windiness.

Huh, that’s a nice little quiet area, at least on the Summit. Spent a lot of time up there. It’s also the only public, outdoor part of the ship that faces forwards (towards the bow).

Sort of a shame that X is forcing you to choose between paying about $1000 more per person or having comfortable public space on the ship. Not really happy with that.

Here are some exciting changes coming to the Millennium Class ships:

-30 more cabins will be added: 13 Aqua Class, 7 Oceanview and 10 inside cabins

Good. Finally some love for those of us who book the 'cheap seats.'

Huh, that’s a nice little quiet area, at least on the Summit. Spent a lot of time up there. It’s also the only public, outdoor part of the ship that faces forwards (towards the bow).

Sort of a shame that X is forcing you to choose between paying about $1000 more per person or having comfortable public space on the ship. Not really happy with that.

That seems to be the direction Celebrity is going. It is the same on the Edge and a lot of people in the Edge forum were upset with that decision. I don't care as much about having a forward view (enjoy the aft view more actually), but probably will miss it when I can't have it.:D

That seems to be the direction Celebrity is going. It is the same on the Edge and a lot of people in the Edge forum were upset with that decision. I don't care as much about having a forward view (enjoy the aft view more actually), but probably will miss it when I can't have it.:D

Unfortunately you are correct. We luckily can probably manage to pay more for the suites if we only cruise about once a year (as opposed to our usual two), but for many people it puts cruising far out of reach. Hopefully Celebrity will reconsider.

There will be fewer suite guests using a larger space than the amount of guests per square footage not allowed to utilise the new space. And as all the additional cabins do not have access to The Retreat, they will be in addition to those current pax using the reduced area.

Unsure if you have sailed on Reflection during the height of the summer, but there are very few, if any, free sunloungers on sea days - hence bodies inches apart sprawled all over the lawn.

We were talking about M class. Reflection has an entire deck of extra cabins so yes it gets busier than when contrasted to the other S class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like the new Aqua rooms will be next to the Canyon Ranch. I found this on the Celebrity website.

Plus, we’re adding more than a dozen new spa-inspired AquaClass® rooms right next to Canyon Ranch® at Sea.

https://ibb.co/mvXL3d

mvXL3d

Seems they are really trying to maximize revenues due to popularity of AQ class. Where these cabins will be is an unknown other than the gen statement. Prices for AQ class are really soaring...

BLU often struggles at capacity ,,,adding more pax to that mix will not be an upgrade to the BLU experience, unless BLU is enlarged,,...and maybe if suite guests no longer eligible ????

Persian Garden...Thermal Suite is a popular AQ perk....The interior PG on M class not really that large to handle more guests...unless they re-do or move it.????

Not a fan of open shelves and a truncated closet...all academic for us..Next 2 cruises are on EDGE and hopefully Oceania after that... for a change of pace.

Edited by hcat

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know for sure if they're keeping the Thalassotherapy pool on M-class? Little nervous about this upgrade because I was really disappointed on our last cruise. We were on the Silhouette and the solarium pool was just pool. I truly enjoy the Thalassotherapy pool on sea days or after a long, adventurous day in port. I very much hope the M-class ships retain this wonderful pool.

I wish they would create a better flow in the buffet area on the Millennium.

Karen...the first mention I've found about the buffet area being updated is here:

https://www.cruisehabit.com/celebrity-cruises-announces-400-million-fleet-modernisation-celebrity-revolution

If you scroll through the photos...Picture 8/9 says "Introducing a fresh new Oceanview Cafe: An international marketplace with globally influenced menus and a sleeker, more whimsical ambiance exclusively on (M-class ships)"

Also...the Celebrity press release dated July 18 says "A New Look at an Old Favorite

Featuring sweeping floor-to-ceiling windows, the Oceanview Café lives up to its name more than ever before. An open, airy, marketplace-inspired design offers you island after island of international delicacies at all new action stations, like a fresh bakery and Asian stir fry station."

Island after island sounds like a redesigned flow...

Check it out!

Screen_Shot_2018_07_29_at_10_48_16_PM.png

Edited by Anita Latte

Anita, thank you very much for responding to my post, I appreciate it very much. We have done a total of 10 Alaska cruises with Celebrity; all on the Millennium. After our recent B2B in May, we decided that we were through with the Millennium as the Oceanview Cafe's layout and selection/quality of food was a real disappointment to us and we felt perhaps it was time for a cruise line change --- I don't know if I mentioned this to you already but we are light eaters so we gravitate to the buffet. The information you provided to me has just convinced us to give Celebrity Millennium another chance. Thanks again!