Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

I cannot remember who asked about cabana rentals on the pool deck but here is the info:

d38717551fd7406f82f507f35bf1c499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do the two royal suites still come with a complimentary cabana on the pool deck? At first, people said “no,” but then later others said “yes.”

I may come up with another question... ;) Can you check out if the Hard Rock Cafe San Juan is already re-opened or when they will open it again?

If I happen to wander that way I will let you know for sure [emoji4]

Do the two royal suites still come with a complimentary cabana on the pool deck? At first, people said “no,” but then later others said “yes.”

When I was watching John's scopes from May, they were included for the two Royal suites. Perhaps someone else can add to this.

Update: there is no butter down here in the lounge. e0a99d5310b3bfc0c3071c7552551327.jpg

Thanks for checking! I had a feeling that was the case. I’ll just grab some extra at night and keep it in the fridge. Since the Lounge is open at 6:30 (and I’m an early riser) that is my first stop! 😀

When I was watching John's scopes from May, they were included for the two Royal suites. Perhaps someone else can add to this.

Correct - included for the two RS. The $99 & $59 rates are "newer" by the way . . . when we were on back in January, they were $149 and $99.

John

-I know that you are not visiting St. Thomas, but maybe your concierge can tell you where Seaside usually docks. Either in Havensight or at Crown Bay?

In January we were at Havensight and I'm pretty sure that's where they dock most, if not all of the time.

John

Thanks for checking! I had a feeling that was the case. I’ll just grab some extra at night and keep it in the fridge. Since the Lounge is open at 6:30 (and I’m an early riser) that is my first stop! 😀

You can ask for it if it isn't on the serving bar. That's what I do.

You can ask for it if it isn't on the serving bar. That's what I do.

Yes. In my original post I mentioned that I would just ask Judith to get me some, and she did. I hate having to ask people to do such small tasks, so it's just as easy to bring my own. :) It's really not that big of a deal - I was just wondering if something had changed.

In January we were at Havensight and I'm pretty sure that's where they dock most, if not all of the time.

John

Update on this...the concierge said earlier that it all depends on what day they are in port and the schedule that each ship is given.

Yes. In my original post I mentioned that I would just ask Judith to get me some, and she did. I hate having to ask people to do such small tasks, so it's just as easy to bring my own. :) It's really not that big of a deal - I was just wondering if something had changed.

I agree. Last night I felt terrible because Arthur brought us extra Petite Fours even though we didn't order it. We decided to take it back to our room. One of the butlers spotted us on our way out and insisted on carrying it back to our room for us. I always feel bad having them do such a small task too. Also, each morning in the lounge, a butler always insists on carrying half and half cream to me. This is another example of the level of service you get here in YC that you would not get in the SL/CK area on RCI.

Excellent review! Love following along! Will be in YC in the Seaside for our for MSC cruise in December! Take comfort in that in a lot of threads I’ve read things like you mentioned above (small tasks, carrying of items, etc) is what provides happiness and satisfaction to the butlers. Having made your day and having provided you with satisfaction in turn makes them happy and fulfilled [emoji4]

Sometime during the week can you find out if there is a ship tour and how / when the best way to sign up for it is, as well as cost. On Princess it’s called the “Ultimate Ship Tour”. I’ve seen references to the MSC version being called “behind the scenes” or “behind the magic” but no details how to sign up and associated costs. Thanks so much!

I agree. Last night I felt terrible because Arthur brought us extra Petite Fours even though we didn't order it. We decided to take it back to our room. One of the butlers spotted us on our way out and insisted on carrying it back to our room for us. I always feel bad having them do such a small task too. Also, each morning in the lounge, a butler always insists on carrying half and half cream to me. This is another example of the level of service you get here in YC that you would not get in the SL/CK area on RCI.

Our butler on Divina was Vishnu (I think he’s on Seaside now—such a nice man). He would get upset with me when he’d catch me bringing tea back to the room, or snacks from the lounge to have with drinks. I hated asking him to do simple things I could do myself. I felt they were all busy enough without me acting helpless!

If you meet him, ask him if he, too, will be staying through September. We’d love to see him again.

Our butler on Divina was Vishnu (I think he’s on Seaside now—such a nice man). He would get upset with me when he’d catch me bringing tea back to the room, or snacks from the lounge to have with drinks. I hated asking him to do simple things I could do myself. I felt they were all busy enough without me acting helpless!

If you meet him, ask him if he, too, will be staying through September. We’d love to see him again.

I have run into Vishnu a number of times. He is great! I will ask him for sure next time I see him.

Sometime during the week can you find out if there is a ship tour and how / when the best way to sign up for it is, as well as cost. On Princess it’s called the “Ultimate Ship Tour”. I’ve seen references to the MSC version being called “behind the scenes” or “behind the magic” but no details how to sign up and associated costs. Thanks so much!

No problem, I will check in that in a bit.

I have run into Vishnu a number of times. He is great! I will ask him for sure next time I see him.

No problem, I will check in that in a bit.

Thank you! Tell him Susan and Ed said hello—he might not remember us—it’s been over a year now.

Update on this...the concierge said earlier that it all depends on what day they are in port and the schedule that each ship is given.

Thanks a lot! How early in advance can they tell me where they’ll be docked?

The information is usually around the excursion desk - or the concierge will get it for you, if you're in YC.

Ok...so I have come to a conclusion about the shows on MSC Seaside. While they don't excel in set design, choreography, or grand gestures, the one thing they do excel in over RC or even DCL is their vocals.

Tonight's show featured a variety of songs and was heavy on the vocals. It was beautiful to listen to. There was not one weak voice. I think back to RCI shows on Oasis class ships, Mama Mia, Grease, etc., and while the shows were great, the vocals were on the weak side. The only exception was We Will Rock You on Anthem. The vocalists have impressed us since night one with their talents.

So Moonlightgraham, if you are reading this, even though I could talk during the scope, I could not agree with you more on your comment.

I am following and am glad I caught those scopes live! The other impressive thing is the song selections were very challenging so a weaker voice would have been noticed but they all sounded excellent.

Forest Aqua Park:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/biiyZjF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MWxEeExYUVd6Vkx4bVHh34UrKB3A3xpnaqYjeGIgv1owuPi2MWZS3Ip-I-a2

Cruisingreg asked during the scope if there are life guards and height restrictions here. The answer is no lifeguards and here are the restrictions:

829131a96c4be3598bd8acef090dd137.jpgac324d2cabebe8b1f406a98c7a1543f8.jpg

Slides info:

ea78657775aae1d9537bada6dc3bc77f.jpg

Thanks a lot! How early in advance can they tell me where they’ll be docked?

Re Havensight vs. Crown Bay: You should be able to determine this for St. Thomas (or for any other port) by Googling cruise ship calendar for ___________ port. You'll also get to see what other ships will be in port with you.