Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Beef Tenderloin: this was also good. Quite a large portion.

e57b1c4e09599de97a98326275dbe3e8.jpg

Dessert:

7e4b428b101875a3a1ebfea4b1e093a1.jpg

We had the chocolate soufflé but forgot the picture. Sorry [emoji52]It was really good though. That and the red velvet cake from last night was probably the best desserts so far.

This was in our room when we got back:

4ac99d000419b300300b9b4deaf7bf66.jpg

We are now off to another show:

c7302d337aa8c9042038e287e16c153a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven’t been able to catch you live but wanted to say thanks for scoping the deck 9 extended balconies. That really helped me visualize them better. Also, you’re a natural at scoping. They are great! Please do more!

Lol! Must be the teacher in me [emoji6]

Actually, I'm just copying Twangster and all the other great ones I've seen over the last few months [emoji4]

Those macaroons are to die for! Thanks so much for this review! We’ve sailed in YC on Divina and hope to sail on Seaside soon.

We're both not macaroon fans. Bringing them home for my daughter. She asked us to bring her home something. Check ✔️

Following thank you so much I will traveling on MSC YC May of 2019 memorial day week looking forward to your postings. Happy Anniversary

Thank you for following along [emoji4]

Ok...so I have come to a conclusion about the shows on MSC Seaside. While they don't excel in set design, choreography, or grand gestures, the one thing they do excel in over RC or even DCL is their vocals.

Tonight's show featured a variety of songs and was heavy on the vocals. It was beautiful to listen to. There was not one weak voice. I think back to RCI shows on Oasis class ships, Mama Mia, Grease, etc., and while the shows were great, the vocals were on the weak side. The only exception was We Will Rock You on Anthem. The vocalists have impressed us since night one with their talents.

So Moonlightgraham, if you are reading this, even though I could talk during the scope, I could not agree with you more on your comment.

Here are pics and scopes from tonight's show:

4632264fd4909c33a8c8432a3f13d125.jpg

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bifUNjF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MVlxS0RRVlpacUJHVp7Lrpfy1KiD7lUwhUb06vd5izvdjm0B1RK4rekyJh9S

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bifUWDF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MXlwS2RZbnFSVnJHV87GVUjkjJPNHQelfVS9GMfEooNPgWJtRo1witr8hEz4

Early arrival in San Juan tomorrow. Again, no set plans. Just planning to spend the morning walking around Old San Juan. The ship is in port from 7am to 3pm. The last time we were in San Juan was for our honeymoon 16 years ago. It's almost like a brand new port for us. Goodnight all [emoji42]

Ok...so I have come to a conclusion about the shows on MSC Seaside. While they don't excel in set design, choreography, or grand gestures, the one thing they do excel in over RC or even DCL is their vocals.

Tonight's show featured a variety of songs and was heavy on the vocals. It was beautiful to listen to. There was not one weak voice. I think back to RCI shows on Oasis class ships, Mama Mia, Grease, etc., and while the shows were great, the vocals were on the weak side. The only exception was We Will Rock You on Anthem. The vocalists have impressed us since night one with their talents.

Spot on with this, Sabrina . . . and we'll extend the props all around on the production shows - and if I may say, are they not some stunningly good looking and extremely talented people?

We enjoyed the shows immensely more for sheer entertainment value over any type of structured theme or story line. Hope you get to see the Michael Jackson show - so good!!!

John

Have you tried hijacking the elevators?

It's actually fun when you get the hang of it but some elevators are more responsive than others.

Your comments always make me laugh. I wasn't going to mention this but since you asked, the answer is yes, more times than I can count [emoji87]Took us a few times to figure it out but once we did, they always showed up empty. Now where's the fun in that?! Just kidding! The one thing I still don't get is that once you get on and tap your card from inside the elevator, if other people get on too, it will stop at their floors before 16/18. So kind pointless. Unless I'm still doing it wrong....

Spot on with this, Sabrina . . . and we'll extend the props all around on the production shows - and if I may say, are they not some stunningly good looking and extremely talented people?

We enjoyed the shows immensely more for sheer entertainment value over any type of structured theme or story line. Hope you get to see the Michael Jackson show - so good!!!

John

Is that one Timeless? If so, it's tomorrow [emoji6]

Edited by Lovetocruise2002

Your comments always make me laugh. I wasn't going to mention this but since you asked, the answer is yes, more times than I can count [emoji87]Took us a few times to figure it out but once we did, they always showed up empty. Now where's the fun in that?! Just kidding! The one thing I still don't get is that once you get on and tap your card from inside the elevator, if other people get on too, it will stop at their floors before 16/18. So kind pointless. Unless I'm still doing it wrong....

Is that one Timeless? If so, it's tomorrow [emoji6]

One elevator allowed you to continue to choose floors after using the touch pad on the inside of elevator. It normally only lets you choose a floor for 5 seconds after you tap the reader with your band or card. Then it locks out and everyone in that elevator will go up to the floor you chose.

We only brought an elevator with someone on twice over the course of 2 weeks. We used override every time we were on an elevator.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hello from Austria,

I am also follow your great report! We are sailing with beautiful Seaside next January but only in an ordinary balcony cabin. Yacht Club has to wait until next April on Bellissima...;)

May I come up with some questions you man can answer:

-We will have the all inclusive drink package - can you tell me which ice cream will be included in this? On the MSC ships of the Musica- and Fantasia-class Venchi gelato was included, but recently on MSC it wasn´t included. Maybe you also can tell us where to get the included ice cream. As we´ll travel with our almost 4 year old boy this question is vital!:p

-I know that you are not visiting St. Thomas, but maybe your concierge can tell you where Seaside usually docks. Either in Havensight or at Crown Bay?

Maybe I can give you a hint concerning the menu - you should find it each morning within your MSC for me app also!;)

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Hello from Austria,

I am also follow your great report! We are sailing with beautiful Seaside next January but only in an ordinary balcony cabin. Yacht Club has to wait until next April on Bellissima...;)

May I come up with some questions you man can answer:

-We will have the all inclusive drink package - can you tell me which ice cream will be included in this? On the MSC ships of the Musica- and Fantasia-class Venchi gelato was included, but recently on MSC it wasn´t included. Maybe you also can tell us where to get the included ice cream. As we´ll travel with our almost 4 year old boy this question is vital!:p

Here is the comparison chart from MSC's actual website:

9e268396a5fad78523377749d3c43abd.jpg

You can get gelato from the counter on Deck 7 at the very back of the ship and also from the counter on Deck 6 at the actual Venchi Chocolate bar. Those are the two we have encountered so far. But then again, we have not wandered too from the the YC [emoji6]

I will check on the other things and let you know.

Thanks for your quick response and a very good morning to the Caribbean sea! It should be half past seven your time right?!;)

That means I also can have the Ice Cream at the Venchi counter in the Chocolate bar with my all inclusive drink package? They refused this on Meraviglia last May.:mad:;)

One elevator allowed you to continue to choose floors after using the touch pad on the inside of elevator. It normally only lets you choose a floor for 5 seconds after you tap the reader with your band or card. Then it locks out and everyone in that elevator will go up to the floor you chose.

We only brought an elevator with someone on twice over the course of 2 weeks. We used override every time we were on an elevator.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Is the override function only available on the forward bank of elevators? On Divina it was available to YC passengers on the forward & aft bank of elevators (2 in each) because Le Muse (YC restaurant) is on Deck 15 Aft. But now that the Top Sail restaurant is forward inside the YC enclave, I was wondering if they restricted the override function to the forward set only.

Thanks for your quick response and a very good morning to the Caribbean sea! It should be half past seven your time right?!;)

That means I also can have the Ice Cream at the Venchi counter in the Chocolate bar with my all inclusive drink package? They refused this on Meraviglia last May.:mad:;)

That's the Jean-Philippe franchise - even the Deluxe package didn't cover the gelato at that venue! :(

Is the override function only available on the forward bank of elevators? On Divina it was available to YC passengers on the forward & aft bank of elevators (2 in each) because Le Muse (YC restaurant) is on Deck 15 Aft. But now that the Top Sail restaurant is forward inside the YC enclave, I was wondering if they restricted the override function to the forward set only.

As far as I know, it is only the forward bank, and only two on the forward bank have priority.

I will give you the advice that many have given me, bring screen shots or print out from MSC's website to argue your point if you need to [emoji4]

I am still trying to find out the St. Thomas thing for you. The concierge I just asked did not know....

Day 5: San Juan

Good Morning everyone! Woke up earlier this morning to rain in San Juan. Currently sitting in the lounge again with my tea, waiting for Hubby to come meet me. The plan is to grab some breakfast and head out. Hopefully the rain will have stopped by then. No set plans. Just more wandering. We'll see where the day takes us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums8d0a9126dfc149d7c20ad2eefac81041.jpg

Lovetocruise2002 - Could you tell me if they have finally put some butter near the breakfast rolls? (In the Top Sail Lounge) I always had to have Judith go up to the restaurant to get some butter patties. Just found it strange that there was no butter to add to the rolls, which, of course, were delicious! Thanks.

(I know they have butter up at the One Pool Grill.)

Update: there is no butter down here in the lounge. e0a99d5310b3bfc0c3071c7552551327.jpg