Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Everything looks good and sounds wonderful in terms of the service and peacefulness of the YC. I’m a “Keto girl” and I’m pretty darn sure I see lamb chops in one of those pictures! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see right! There are lamb chops today. And yes, service is great! Beyond expectation actually. After our experience here up on the pool deck over the last hour, I can safely say their service exceeds RCI Sky class hands down. No comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey there ! Sorry to just be getting around to say “hi”. On travel this week. Ugh.

Couple of questions:

Where (restaurants and bars) are the food and drinks complimentary ?

Do you find yourself wishing that complimentary food and drinks were available elsewhere ?

Do the butlers provide services in your stateroom or just in the Club area ?

Do you get any other special services or amenities as part of the YC service ? Any complimentary laundry, reserved seating, etc ?

Just trying to determine how this might compare to Star Class on RC.

Thanks ! So glad you are both enjoying yourselves !!

If you get a chance to visit the Sports Bar..can you ask them if there is a food menu? Last I heard they only had chicken wings for a price and possibly chips with salsa. We have grown so fond of the NCL newer “away” ships. One reason is their sports pub has a wonderful and varied menu of complimentary food. I was hopeing that eventually MSC might copy that. Not a deal breaker as the price is almost 1/2 of NCL and we are booked on seaside this October.

Responses within your quote

Hey there ! Sorry to just be getting around to say “hi”. On travel this week. Ugh.

Couple of questions:

Specialty restaurants NOT complimentary. Hubby and I were saying this is probably one of the biggest differences from SC. Drinks from bars across the ship are also complimentary. Except those marked with a ** or with the price (in the YC areas). But you will be matched to Black status so you will receive at least one complimentary dinner at specialty.

Gelato and crepes are included.

Do you find yourself wishing that complimentary food and drinks were available elsewhere ?

Not really. We are quite satisfied with what is already provided.

The butlers all work together in the lounges and up on the sun deck. You have one butler assigned to your cabin to handle your requests. In the lounge and up on deck, we have also come across our butler and many others. From what I have learned from you, I suspect that the Genies do a lot more personalized service though.

Do you get any other special services or amenities as part of the YC service ? Any complimentary laundry, reserved seating, etc ?

Seating is first come first serve. No complimentary laundry from what I know. But that is also something that I don't pay much attention to. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

That is one thing that I am trying assess right now [emoji6]it is fraction of the price though lol

Hmm trying to decide on my new diet plan as I plan on eating and drinking alot in the YC. Your pictures are wonderful!

Lol...good luck with that.

I just polished off a delicious plate of pasta and now looking at desserts. I figure the diet can happen when I get home [emoji6]

Glad you are enjoying the great service. Definitely beats royals suite lounge experience. Also tea time at 4pm every afternoon there are different teas offered than what is in the box by the buffet. My wife enjoyed some kind of japanese tea every afternoon.

I also spent much timr sitting and reading in the top sail lounge. Also went down to the spa for an hour or two andnused the salt rooms, scented showers and thallasotherapy pool. It is a great way to unwind. But the quite and peaceful topsail lounge was a great retreat.

Enjoy your cruise and relaxation and tell justin aloha!

Day 3: Sea Day

Off to a late start this morning. Hubby is still sleeping and find myself in the Top Sail Lounge again having my tea.

I love this lounge. Even on a sea day, it is so peaceful and quiet. Service here in this lounge is wonderful. I have met Justin the bartender. He is amusing. Yesterday morning, I asked him to fill my Starbucks thermos with hot water so I could have a tea. I then inquired about why they did not put self serve hot water/coffee stations (like in the suite lounge on RCI) in the lounge. Jokingly, he inquired why they would want to do that here as we are vacation and we should not have to get it ourselves! He then proceeded to fill my thermos for me with "premium hot water". Today, as I wandered in, Justin is at the bar again, and upon spotting me with my thermos, he remembered right away that I wanted "premium hot water". Then as after he filled my thermos, another butler (I cannot remember his name right now), loaded my thermos onto a tray and carried it to my table here in the lounge. This is where MSC's service tops RCI. I cannot comment on Star Class yet (we have that coming in March) but you do not get this level of service in the SL from Royal. And this is only Day 3.

We have no set plans today. Probably just more wandering to places that we missed yesterday. Right now, the only plan is to enjoy my tea and sit here. Which is something I never get to do much at home [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yes, lunch is served on deck 19 every day, port days also.

Everything on the lunch buffet looks so good! I can't remember if I've asked this already, sorry if I'm repeating myself...do they have the lunch buffet poolside on port days as well? (I know you can get lunch inside.)

Everything on the lunch buffet looks so good! I can't remember if I've asked this already, sorry if I'm repeating myself...do they have the lunch buffet poolside on port days as well? (I know you can get lunch inside.)

Sorry Jules...I missed your question earlier. But yes, what Frank said [emoji4]

Why would the pork loin not be served "fully cooked"??

I think it is just a warning.

No complimentary laundry. As only having sailed sky class, the yc beats every area of royal except the size of the crown loft suites. Service, food, yacht club areas are a much better value than sky class.

Couple of questions:

A frozen Toblerone?????? Gimmmmmme.

Lol. It was ok. Really rich and sweet. I should have asked for no whipped cream [emoji12]

Oh how I wish a YC Cabin would by some miracle become available on my sailing and for a decent upcharge...[emoji22][emoji6]

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Keep checking. A few weeks prior to my sailing there were a few that opened up. You never know.

Glad you are enjoying the great service. Definitely beats royals suite lounge experience. Also tea time at 4pm every afternoon there are different teas offered than what is in the box by the buffet. My wife enjoyed some kind of japanese tea every afternoon.

I also spent much timr sitting and reading in the top sail lounge. Also went down to the spa for an hour or two andnused the salt rooms, scented showers and thallasotherapy pool. It is a great way to unwind. But the quite and peaceful topsail lounge was a great retreat.

Enjoy your cruise and relaxation and tell justin aloha!

Have not made it to the thermal spa yet. Hubby and I were just discussing it.

If you get a chance to visit the Sports Bar..can you ask them if there is a food menu? Last I heard they only had chicken wings for a price and possibly chips with salsa. We have grown so fond of the NCL newer “away” ships. One reason is their sports pub has a wonderful and varied menu of complimentary food. I was hopeing that eventually MSC might copy that. Not a deal breaker as the price is almost 1/2 of NCL and we are booked on seaside this October.

I did a scope on the sports bar. I will look for a menu later.

Last i checked it was chicken wings only and it was extra. I did not ask if there was anything else availabke to order.

No food menu. Just chicken wings. They are not included with YC. I asked. Drinks are included though. Here is the menu:

2ad5a8aa163e0992f406c09504edc30a.jpgc84f78b6d646658cd31c02a70056487b.jpg58ff36e39e8c21b2bc8ceb6a980dfc39.jpg

Re: Onil - He told me in April that he wasn’t sure what he would be doing when his contract was up in June. He wants to better his position. He said he will let me know what he decides. Right now he is thoroughly enjoying his well deserved vacation. He is a real asset to MSC and I just hope they can keep him!

I sure hope so, yes he deserves better. Thanks