Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

They are very discrete about it but they do sell passes to the YC. They sold them to a non YC couple who had parents in the YC while I was there. It was a little over $100 per person and they got a cabana and meal in the YC restaurant.

Very interesting, thanks for the update. We were told no way.

I read the MSC boards since I am intrigued by the YC and looking at possibly booking them at some point if I stop getting CAS comps on NCL. With the comps, the Haven is still a better deal. Being a picky eater, I was worried about finding things I would like in the YC, but thanks to you sharing the menu I see they have things even for simple tastes like mine. So far your cruise seems great and i’m loving your review. Except that show, I found the videos hard to watch. The dancing and choreography was terrible. Everything seemed very juvenile. Hope the entertainment gets better as the week goes on. But everything else seems great! Thanks for sharing!

Another note about the attire for tonight. Most women were in dresses. For the men, the attire ranged from collared shirts with no tie to men in suits. No tuxedos seen tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Also - really appreciate the comments and comparisons, good, bad or neutral - so much more helpful than reviews that are either 100% positive OR negative. Very helpful for those of us that haven’t tried MSC yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Also - really appreciate the comments and comparisons, good, bad or neutral - so much more helpful than reviews that are either 100% positive OR negative. Very helpful for those of us that haven’t tried MSC yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Keep in mind that I am comparing heavily to RCI as this review continues. And also that we are also different types of cruisers and what is important to one person may not matter to another. [emoji4]

I read the MSC boards since I am intrigued by the YC and looking at possibly booking them at some point if I stop getting CAS comps on NCL. With the comps, the Haven is still a better deal. Being a picky eater, I was worried about finding things I would like in the YC, but thanks to you sharing the menu I see they have things even for simple tastes like mine. So far your cruise seems great and i’m loving your review. Except that show, I found the videos hard to watch. The dancing and choreography was terrible. Everything seemed very juvenile. Hope the entertainment gets better as the week goes on. But everything else seems great! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you are enjoying so far. I will continue to post menus that I come across and links to scopes of the things I catch.

Thanks i hope he comes back to the Seaside in the YC pool .

Re: Onil - He told me in April that he wasn’t sure what he would be doing when his contract was up in June. He wants to better his position. He said he will let me know what he decides. Right now he is thoroughly enjoying his well deserved vacation. He is a real asset to MSC and I just hope they can keep him!

They are very discrete about it but they do sell passes to the YC. They sold them to a non YC couple who had parents in the YC while I was there. It was a little over $100 per person and they got a cabana and meal in the YC restaurant.

And one other note on this subject {from someone who has cruised MSC Yacht Club several times}, they only sell the passes to the YC enclave when the capacity is low. During the busy summer travel season when she's sailing with a full passenger manifest, they will not offer that to non-YC passengers. They have the Top 19 Solarium for that purpose.

LadyVol...internet usage for a full day at sea. Today I used it to FaceTime my kids at home, do several scopes, check email, update blog, mild internet surfing.

Thanks for taking time away from your vacation to write your review!

Very enjoyable and informative ... especially for those who haven't cruised in the YC before. I was disappointed to hear that there's no longer a sommelier available. Nice to hear that Arthur is still being, well, Arthur!

Continue to have a great time!

Very enjoyable and informative ... especially for those who haven't cruised in the YC before. I was disappointed to hear that there's no longer a sommelier available. Nice to hear that Arthur is still being, well, Arthur!

We are having a great time! I am glad you are enjoying the review thus far. Usually, when I cruise, I enjoy reading. The last two cruises, I have found doing the live blog more enjoyable. I can always read at home. So it doesn't really take time away from my vacation to do this. It's part of of what I enjoy doing on my vacation. Hope that makes sense. [emoji4]

Lovetocruise2002, loving your review. I have read many reviews on the YC, and haven't come across whether they play music (radio) at the YC pool deck, and if so what kind. Thank you! :)

We only took a quick walk through the YC pool deck yesterday. Hoping to spend more time there today. I was not paying attention to the music up there at the time but I will make note to do so later today.

Fantastic review to date...really enjoying it. Thank you.

Thank you for coming along with us [emoji4]

Day 3: Sea Day

Off to a late start this morning. Hubby is still sleeping and find myself in the Top Sail Lounge again having my tea.

I love this lounge. Even on a sea day, it is so peaceful and quiet. Service here in this lounge is wonderful. I have met Justin the bartender. He is amusing. Yesterday morning, I asked him to fill my Starbucks thermos with hot water so I could have a tea. I then inquired about why they did not put self serve hot water/coffee stations (like in the suite lounge on RCI) in the lounge. Jokingly, he inquired why they would want to do that here as we are vacation and we should not have to get it ourselves! He then proceeded to fill my thermos for me with "premium hot water". Today, as I wandered in, Justin is at the bar again, and upon spotting me with my thermos, he remembered right away that I wanted "premium hot water". Then as after he filled my thermos, another butler (I cannot remember his name right now), loaded my thermos onto a tray and carried it to my table here in the lounge. This is where MSC's service tops RCI. I cannot comment on Star Class yet (we have that coming in March) but you do not get this level of service in the SL from Royal. And this is only Day 3.

We have no set plans today. Probably just more wandering to places that we missed yesterday. Right now, the only plan is to enjoy my tea and sit here. Which is something I never get to do much at home [emoji6]

No sommelier anymore? I missed that info. Where was that stated?

Everything on the lunch buffet looks so good! I can't remember if I've asked this already, sorry if I'm repeating myself...do they have the lunch buffet poolside on port days as well? (I know you can get lunch inside.)