Breakaway - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

a678ee8a48b96c5eb752704b75f709f9.jpg

Howl at the Moon... Killer Queen.

YAY That is Steve Watt! We had 3 incredible Howl at the Moon performers last December and he is my kind of people. Please tell him the Father & Daughter from December remember him well... he was performing with Rachel Solomon and Tom mcGovern at the time. My daughter got up to sing and represent our section's "Party People" (which was her and I) and she surprised them with her stage musical voice.

.... Because of this, he’s automatically my favorite Hotel Director of all time.

And I gotta say... quite the nice guy!

Vuk is the BEST. Love his Q&A sessions.

Wow does this mean you might actually fit in a nap on this trip?

I think I did, although there was a woman singing on a nearby balcony that made it a challenge at times.

Hey what’s it like back on the Breakaway after just being on the Bliss? Does it feel like a step down or are you fine with it?

The Brew House is certainly missed, as are the bedside USB chargers (only a minor inconvenience). But I prefer the ropes course over the go-karts, and I really like the quiet breakfasts in Moderno.

I’ll always have a personal preference for Escape and beyond, but I still love the BA class ships.

There’s no upper pool bar on the BA, so I headed back to the Chill Bar in Margaritaville only to find it closed. So I continued on to Spice H2O...

34da2c52ed3b8c65354f2c365ae6c0b7.jpg

de11a9886f52e8c45c98b958f24210a6.jpg

Miami Vice (aka Make America Drink Again at Maya Chan) and a Frozen Midori Sour.

884790c8df46b0f389f36da487378ada.jpg

I will write a review when I get back to the UK as I think if I get help and advice from the forum I should give back!

But it wont be on a par with this - just dont drop your phone in the hot tub!

One thing I will say - for a ship that has over 4000 passengers they do a great Job of making it never seem crowded - yes its big and although there are of course many people out on the sun deck the public areas. Bars and restaurants all seem easy to access and be served at- we had a delicious sushi lunch and I think there were 20 people in there!

Ssss'great

Hey Doug, Have you noticed any significant changes from the DryDock and the last time you were on?

Syd Norman’s Pour House is the obvious change. Other than that there seems to be new carpeting both in public areas and in staterooms.

I’ve only seen the atrium chandelier in bright white, and it looks great. I’m not sure if that’s a physical change or just a reprogramming (or am I confusing the darker colors from the Escape?).

Love your live blog

Will be on the BA myself in Mid August...just can't wait for it.

Could you please post some of the specialty restaurants menus like cagneys and ocean blue...would highly appreciate it

Thank you and have a wonderful time!!

Heading into Breakaway Theater...

ad9d8b8a948a7e10d42e3c3069843808.jpg

I always try to take the row directly in front of the Haven reserved section, as it has a great unobstructed view down the aisle to the stage.

2afb88d82f4b50c701a806032f8c49c6.jpg

085c75ab597cf12062cc69eaa87137ac.jpg

Captain telling us how we lucked out with the best weather ever...

a1074b2f7ae9346ee2ff90cafee541d3.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut