Breakaway - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Back at Syd’s...

d791a6267ca6491fc94c2fda5778e70e.jpg

...with our new friend Rafael, who just started up on NCL this week. I was shocked he wasn’t a longtime NCL’r... a great personality, and he greeted us all by name when returning after our long day in port.

a381732cf674a70fa5fe8456c96cfb76.jpg

No, he was definitely on last week too! Great guy though - our favourite spot for watching a sailaway.

Running down to the Waterfront to watch us leave Warnemunde...

17c999dd50491df95b501570eedb23ba.jpg

Now pulling forward a bit so we can spin around...

88d580dc7409bf2661222d0e42ebbfcd.jpg

5d4fcfb91f1c5e3f96febed42a871934.jpg

Dad just joined us after watching the comedy/magic show in the main theater... sounds like he may have been the only audience member to survive until the end.

No, he was definitely on last week too! Great guy though - our favourite spot for watching a sailaway.

He just walked by us and said hi! Maybe it was lost in translation... how it’s his first time on NCL. Maybe for the Baltic season?

He just walked by us and said hi! Maybe it was lost in translation... how it’s his first time on NCL. Maybe for the Baltic season?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said he worked for HAL for 10 years or so, NCL money was better but they are worked a bit harder for it. Still, he said to us he preferred NCL to work for. Can't remember when he said he made the switch.

bfa7e7ecea64eca15cd9e09bd95f31ab.jpg

194d1c75314cb4d45b14291c30f799db.jpg

Sat down at Syd’s, thought I was alone for the night, and then the kids arrived from one direction and my dad from the other...

0891455d0b896245c1988b85aea03e7c.jpg

The moment when you realize your daughter’s beer cup has more lights than your own...

1325cea701356978d5c6eec9e7a748ea.jpg

Loving this! I did the May 20th Cruise so you’re bringing back many wonderful memories. I also did 2 days pre cruise and 5 days post cruise in Copenhagen. Absolutely loved Copenhagen and did the ‘Hey Dads’ tour as well as enjoying a few Aperol Spritzes on the waterfront nearby. We were incredibly lucky with great, warm, sunny weather the whole time I was there. I also chose to visit Rostock instead of the long commute to Berlin. Lovely walled ‘Old Town’ and I also enjoyed Warnemunde, the beach and waterfront area. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip. Enjoy the rest of the ports/ it’s a wonderful itinerary and as I sit here, back home in the cold (winter here) I’m definitely having an attack of post cruise blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

Doug ~ so surprised & happy to see you're doing a "live from" but sorry for the reason, poor Mom missing out on a cruise like this!:(

Loving it so far as I did this cruise on the Getaway last year & will be doing the Breakaway in March.

Have a great time, it's an amazing itinerary & what memories your family will be making for Dad's 75th.

~ Jo ~ :)

Cruise Critic M&G was moved to Margaritaville...

56b817a24ad0312388916ed2f00f6984.jpg

50ee16548d9b30de3b7ebca9cb36361e.jpg

If anybody recalls a brief dialogue that occurred just after the Bliss Transatlantic about a freeloading guest - well she made it clear that she absolutely despised Vuk, which probably means that he doesn’t cave to her ridiculous requests. Because of this, he’s automatically my favorite Hotel Director of all time.

And I gotta say... quite the nice guy!

Cruise Critic M&G was moved to Margaritaville...

56b817a24ad0312388916ed2f00f6984.jpg

50ee16548d9b30de3b7ebca9cb36361e.jpg

If anybody recalls a brief dialogue that occurred just after the Bliss Transatlantic about a freeloading guest - well she made it clear that she absolutely despised Vuk, which probably means that he doesn’t cave to her ridiculous requests. Because of this, he’s automatically my favorite Hotel Director of all time.

And I gotta say... quite the nice guy!

Vuk is wonderful! I also see Sawant, another NCL superstar!

After lunch we walked the Waterfront (quite active) and browsed through our ship photos. We then returned to our room to find some weird looking seawater off the balcony (algae?)...

af083b9a24269900eab118392129f4e0.jpg

We’re both exhausted. It feels like we just can’t catch up this time around. So this is our current spot, door wide open with a gentle warm breeze and the sound of slow-crashing water below...

a73f54f0e4c8b7b7c1b03e6c75da69a6.jpg

Wow does this mean you might actually fit in a nap on this trip? Good for you Doug. Hey what’s it like back on the Breakaway after just being on the Bliss? Does it feel like a step down or are you fine with it?