Breakaway - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Festival grounds of Song Festival, held every five years since 1928.

7940b29c3399f95fcbbb7c1a913a9b2c.jpg

7c3a7d8a25a668c17c4b591f6c429c86.jpg

Gustav Ernesaks, conductor and father-figure of festival...

d376ba6380c7adb7b6474facfbb8e199.jpg

Many popular artists have performed on the site, include Michael Jackson, Madonna, and most recently the reformed Guns ‘n’ Roses...

d4b047166bd02cbfafe4ed87d78b5a70.jpg

Agree with you on Vuk on hotel director

In his meet and greet intro he said he thought would be great idea to change venue from inside la cucina to outside Margaritaville bacause of good weather and then went on to day not often the officers outnumber the guests at meet and greet

He was embarrassed when I caught him before they left and explained the low turnout was because of the last minute change of venue and time and didn’t have contact details for most people as cruise critic is an anonymous forum

However he quickly addressed an issue affecting those of us boarding in Warnemünde

We had a separate muster drill in the theatre with several hundred guests

Late that night we got a letter scolding us for missing muster and causing the ship to break maritime law

Ian went straight down to guest services and they admitted was a system error where cards didn’t register

Probably affected most if not all Warnemünde boarders

Vuk agreed the wording of the letter was unnecessarily Harsh and said would deal with it

Soon afterwards I was contacted with an apology and an inquiry as to why several hundred people apparently all deciding to deliberately miss muster wouldn’t trigger alarm bells

Obviously a guy who acts quickly when there is an issue and when I’ve passed him on the ship he always acknowledges me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Recharging in the Garden Cafe, and this boy earned a ship-made cookie...

e8a9379353921ef631fa91f35e7d6784.jpg

We’re just having lite snacks, as we have reservations at La Cucina in a couple hours. While seated at our table, a random stranger sits down at a vacant spot at our table. We shared some pleasant light talk, but still a little odd.

0a515fe4cb0a98df16b2f8519147e981.jpg

Back in the room, and Sue arrives with a Miami Vice...

6ecaeccf2e67cf747ebbed926412d037.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

Thanks for such a great review! (as always)

Seeing the picture of the Miami Vice got me thinking- do they do any theme drinks for the ports you're going to? Like white Russians while in Russia? I feel like pina coladas may seem weird on an Alaskan cruise (I'll still gladly drink them), but wondering if NCL plans for that and comes up with fun drinks for the ports?

...do they do any theme drinks for the ports you're going to? Like white Russians while in Russia?

Today was the first time I noticed a Drink of the Day posted in the Daily, and it was a Bahama Mama. I haven’t noticed any cocktails specific to the region, but I think that would be a great idea.

Today was the first time I noticed a Drink of the Day posted in the Daily, and it was a Bahama Mama. I haven’t noticed any cocktails specific to the region, but I think that would be a great idea.

Hmm, White Russians, Black Russians, Moscow Mule, all though non of them originated in Russia, was marketing to boost vodka sales in US

Hmm, White Russians, Black Russians, Moscow Mule, all though non of them originated in Russia, was marketing to boost vodka sales in US

It worked on me, I do love vodka. That said, they could do local drinks, not just our American version. Think it may be fun to experience a foreign drink or five. Even if they just had little tasters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk