Liberty of the Seas: A Short Film

Hello All,

Not new here...just a new profile! :)

Although we have enjoyed all the various travel videos about the ships posted on YouTube, my son wanted to create something a bit different. To that end, he tried to achieve a cinematic feel within a two minute "film". The Liberty encountered extraordinarily calm waters in the Gulf of Mexico last week, and you can see that in the opening scenes.

By the way, this was our 3rd cruise in 3 years...we have transformed from a non-cruising family to a cruise loving family. Happy to answer any questions about Liberty, Freedom, or the Ruby Princess to Alaska.

Thanks in advance for watching. My son is 15.

Hello All,

Not new here...just a new profile! :)

Although we have enjoyed all the various travel videos about the ships posted on YouTube, my son wanted to create something a bit different. To that end, he tried to achieve a cinematic feel within a two minute "film". The Liberty encountered extraordinarily calm waters in the Gulf of Mexico last week, and you can see that in the opening scenes.

By the way, this was our 3rd cruise in 3 years...we have transformed from a non-cruising family to a cruise loving family. Happy to answer any questions about Liberty, Freedom, or the Ruby Princess to Alaska.

Thanks in advance for watching. My son is 15.

Way to go Parker! Excellent job.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to watch and comment. I have shared all of your comments with my son--your encouragement means the world to him.

He wasn't quite satisfied with it...there was footage he couldn't quite get due to drone restrictions and other people around...but he enjoyed making it.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to watch and comment. I have shared all of your comments with my son--your encouragement means the world to him.

He wasn't quite satisfied with it...there was footage he couldn't quite get due to drone restrictions and other people around...but he enjoyed making it.

Great eye for detail! What camera set up was he using? I assume a newer GoPro. Well done!

Great eye for detail! What camera set up was he using? I assume a newer GoPro. Well done!

Thanks! His main film camera is a Nikon D3300, on manual. He also has an old Canon that is for still photos only (no video). (I think it's a 5D). He does not use kit lenses.

He has a GoPro but is never impressed with the image quality.

His 16th birthday is this fall so we may get him something else to add to his collection.