Happy Hour and onboard alcohol policy

Marie50

New to Oceania. Is there a happy hour on Riviera? Also are you allowed to take any wine/alcohol on board with you at Miami port. Seen various comments on that. Thanks.

Twofers at the bars 5-6 pm and after the evening shows (can't remember the exact time).

Twofers at the bars 5-6 pm and after the evening shows (can't remember the exact time).

My guess is there's a very good reason you can't remember the time of the second happy hour! As soon as I saw the word "alcohol' in the heading I knew my friend Flatbush Flyer would post.

New to Oceania. Is there a happy hour on Riviera? Also are you allowed to take any wine/alcohol on board with you at Miami port. Seen various comments on that. Thanks.

What comments have you seen?

Definitely bring wine onboard at Miami. I think official policy is 3 bottles per room but have read it is not enforced . We brought 12 bottles on with us in Buenos Aires a few years ago . Went to a great liquor store near hotel .they packed everything up for us for transport to ship .

Don't forget that any wine you bring on board is subject to "corkage" in the restaurant. Also it is not considered acceptable to bring a glass of wine from your stateroom to drink in the public areas.

Apart from that, you can bring wine onboard at any time during your cruise.

Definitely. But even with the corkage fee, I am getting what I want while still saving money. Hopefully we can make some new friends to come over for some wine and whatever room service might have.

We like happy hour in Martini's. However, I believe it is also in two other places. Good thing as their drinks are small.

Yes about 1/2 of what I have experienced in most bars and restaurants... for this reason many order a double, which equals what the norm is. It is for this reason many buy the perm liquor package where there is no limit, doubles even triples of top shelf liquor. and avoid the cattle call happy hours... If you like crowds and having to elbow your way in to get a drink with a hordes of bargain hunters then Happy hour is for you....not me Far better mentally and physically to buy the package....you will save in the long run much more

Yes you can bring on board whatever spirits, wine and beer from any port you wish with out any restrictions, as often as you want.... for drinking in your cabin. ( Dont be like some low-lifes and pour booze into a coke can and bring it up on deck... thats Carnival stuff) Ive seen that and its amazing how people can lay out 4 to 5 figures for a cruise and be so cheap.

My guess is there's a very good reason you can't remember the time of the second happy hour! As soon as I saw the word "alcohol' in the heading I knew my friend Flatbush Flyer would post.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was on an extended pub crawl with Johnny Tokyo.