All-time favorite Princess Cruise?

NY_23

Definitely hard to pin down just one... First Alaska cruise for 10-days on Sea Princess from San Francisco was a special one. As was my first cruise, a 10-day Partial Transit of the Panama Canal on Island Princess when she was brand-spankin' new.

But the one that was the most special was a 14-day Holiday Caribbean Connoisseur cruise on Pacific Princess a couple of years back. Great mix of boutique ports (Bequia?!) and sea days. It was our first (and so far, only) time on the small ship and it was a fantastic experience. Coupled with Christmas and New Year's celebrations, the cruise was just about perfect. :)

Our first repositioning cruise on the old Regal in May 2003. The ship was going from Australia to the Baltic and we were on the middle leg: Rome to Copenhagen. It was the first of our cruises around Europe, which was followed by many TAs EB and WB to Europe. Our ports: Rome; Lisbon; Vigo, Spain; Le Havre; Dover; Antwerp (yes, we were able to actually dock there); and Amsterdam. For some reason the ship was only about half full and thus we got upgraded several times. The most exciting (?!) thing that happened was total loss of power for a few hours while docked in Lisbon, just as we were to depart. Also, the parents of one of the dancers was at our table and we got to meet her and a few of her castmates at dinner one night. We had done a few land trips in Europe so it was fun to do it on a ship.

It’s wonderful to see some of the adventures you guys have been on. I think there is always that one cruise that stands out to us and holds a special place in our hearts that we look back on when we are going through a tough time whether at work or just in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you have changed partners or lost a love one, your favorite Princess Cruise should always be your first one. Why else would you come back? And now you can even "Come Back New".

A Southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico. Loved it so much we did it again two months later for our honeymoon ....lol

Unless you have changed partners or lost a love one, your favorite Princess Cruise should always be your first one. Why else would you come back? And now you can even "Come Back New".

A Southern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico. Loved it so much we did it again two months later for our honeymoon ....lol

Hi Christine !

I was reading and saw your name. What a pleasant surprise. Hope all is well with you. In March I was on the Ruby California Coastal with a group of people who met on the Regal Inaugural cruise. Each year we seem to have a few reunions each year. In November we are sailing on the Royal Princess to the ABC countries. In 2019 I am going on the Sky Princess Inaugurals in the US with some of the group going again.

I hope our paths will cross on a cruise again.

Sali

So far, it would have to be our Alaska cruise on the Emerald. It was a beautiful ship, the lecturers were wonderful, and the destination was all we could have wished--lots of sunshine and very little rain.

That was our last Princess Cruise, so kudos to the person who said “the last one and the next one”. We are off to Hawaii on the Star in 85 days. I think there is a better than 50% chance it will supplant the Alaska cruise.

Favorite to date would have to be the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise last October on Emerald Princess. Fantastic cruise. We have a 12 day Northern Lights cruise booked for next year so I don't know if that will be the new favorite or not. That 28 day cruise will be hard to top. Hawaii, Pago Pago, Bora Bora, Moorea... A wonderful trip and great folks on the ship.

Mine was my first Princess cruise to Alaska on the Diamond. We met wonderful people who we have stayed friends with and cruised with again. We saw lots of Orcas in Juneau which was amazing. This cruise got us hooked. We are going on our 22nd Princess cruise in March.

It’s so hard to pick just one, but my mind keeps coming back to the 29 day, San Francisco to Sydney cruise on the Sea Princess in 2011. It was our first aft suite that spoiled us forever! We had a very active and fun roll call and made some life long friends who we we still enjoy cruising with.

We loved our Baltic cruise, but the best one ever was in June of ‘96. Sky Princess had come through the Canal to Vancouver and was heading to Asia after an Alaska cruise. We jumped on that cruise because it was a 12 day. We hit every possible port including Seward and Valdez. We were able to do a lovely shore excursion around the Kenai peninsula, see the end of the Alaska pipeline in Valdez, plus Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka plus Glacier and Hubbard.

She didn’t have balconies, International Cafe or all the amenities we expect today, but it was one outstanding cruise.

My favorite has to be Tahiti for 28 days on the Crown. It was beyond wonderful. We had a roll call that was spectacular and every minute was magic. I would do that cruise again.

I was traveling solo in a handicapped cabin. Anyone wondering about going alone or with a handicap I would say go go Go.

My favorite cruise was a 4 day re-positioning of the CB from Puerto Rico to NY. I love to dance and they had the ballroom duo Noel & Victoria on board. They taught all the ballroom dance classes and even gave private lessons. I was thrilled to take a cha-cha lesson with Noel! The dancers from the show also gave dance classes rather than just the usual line dance stuff from the CD's staff. Sea days and dancing equal a great cruise for me!! :D

San Francisco to Sydney, 29 days. We visited many of the islands across the pacific, around New Zealand and then Sydney. It was 10 years ago and we still talk about it frequently. The Sea Princess was one of my favorite ships. Only thing I missed was the International Cafe. It was the cruise that sold us on cruising

We are taking this cruise in February. But it will be hard to beat our 2013 transatlantic from Rome to LA. My husband of two years had just been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and we delayed treatment until after the cruise (no worries, he is still with us and cruising!) We told no one and made love like the relative newlyweds we were.

Pacific Princess (which we cannot afford now) with an aft balcony (even more unaffordable) was magical. It was like a dollhouse ship. We loved it. And we had the best dining table, each fabulous soul sharing deep-dive autobiographies over the course of our time together. We still stay in touch.

It was the beginning and the end of a transformative time in our lives. **** cancer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 day Eastern Caribbean in a VS on the Grand. Our first in jeans and t-shirts. We packed NO dress clothing. Total relaxation and never set foot in the MDR. This format worked so well we swore off dress clothing completely. Also our first time flying into FLL the day before. No more of that getting up at 3:00am and exhausting ourselves on embarkation day (flying in from Texas).

We are booked on the 'Inaugural Getaway' on the Sky and, since it's only three days, we are going to try to do this trip with carry-ons only. The plan is to buy anything we need and toss anything that won't go back in the carry-ons for the trip back. We did the GOES thing on our last cruise (Celebrity). Got to skip the long customs line. There was exactly ONE person in front of us in the GOES line. Easy peasy!

Three greatest improvements: 1) fly into FLL the day before. 2) ditch the dress clothes. 3) use GOES to skip the customs line.

We are taking this cruise in February. But it will be hard to beat our 2013 transatlantic from Rome to LA. My husband of two years had just been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and we delayed treatment until after the cruise (no worries, he is still with us and cruising!) We told no one and made love like the relative newlyweds we were.

Pacific Princess (which we cannot afford now) with an aft balcony (even more unaffordable) was magical. It was like a dollhouse ship. We loved it. And we had the best dining table, each fabulous soul sharing deep-dive autobiographies over the course of our time together. We still stay in touch.

It was the beginning and the end of a transformative time in our lives. **** cancer.

So sorry. Wishing him well with treatments.

Well definitely our Antarctica cruise on the Star. 16 days round trip buenos aires with my husband’s Argentine father celebrating 80 years and 7 continents along with his sisters and their families. 4 balcony rooms one in each corner and we would gather in whoever had the best view at the moment of Antarctica. Ordering hot chocolate to stay warm. Teaching my now 16 year old niece how to read...

We took our second cruise on the grand from SF to Mexico in 2016 the Christmas after “Poppy” passed from extended illness. My poor mother in law was recovering from foot surgery, in a wheelchair, missing her husband of 50+ years and fellow elite cruiser on their first christmas apart. It was hard but it really helped her a lot. The ship was beautiful and I think we all benefited from it that hard year.

But for me...this last year on the CB in the Caribbean/Panama Canal that sealed it. For the first time on a cruise my husband and I were by ourselves. By the end of the cruise he was the most relaxed I had ever seen him and living in swim trunks and Hawaiian shirts. Even the last night in MDR “what will they kick me out” face. We made friends which was hard to do when traveling with a big family.

He asked to go back to the Caribbean. So I think it finally clicked. And this time anytime dining and no formal wear.

016b183f0b97158c35e8929796484087.jpg

So sorry. Wishing him well with treatments.

Thanks. He is now part of the 28% who survive after 5 years with his diagnosis. I sometimes joke that he can’t die as long as we have cruises booked. I have cruises booked into 2021[emoji7][emoji7]