All-time favorite Princess Cruise?

NY_23

While all my cruises were special it would have to be my very first one - 12 night Venice to Barcelona on Star Princess in 2004. Whenever I hear Enya's Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) it always reminds me of sailing away from Venice at dusk--magical!!

While all my cruises were special it would have to be my very first one - 12 night Venice to Barcelona on Star Princess in 2004. Whenever I hear Enya's Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) it always reminds me of sailing away from Venice at dusk--magical!!

I love the song/video. I always play it before I cruise.

Sali

Hence my screen name. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It great reading everybody great memories... Best cruise was our first 13 nights in a suite round New Zealand.

All the family and relative have cruised many times, some have lost count.... then we decided why not and did for my special birthday..... we couldn't believe it, is was amazing... and "we came back new"' and just want to go it all again.

Cheers Don.

Thanks. He is now part of the 28% who survive after 5 years with his diagnosis. I sometimes joke that he can’t die as long as we have cruises booked. I have cruises booked into 2021[emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s how your do it, just keep your cruise schedule packed and never put away you luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have all been wonderful, but I would have to say our first Princess cruise back in 2007 on the star Princess in the Baltics. Great, great ports such as Talinn and Oslo as well as the two days in Russia.

We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We really bonded with the folks from our roll call who shared an Alla tour in ST. Petersburg with us. And we met another couple from our roll call before the cruise as they lived one town away from my DW's mother.

I would say probably our 18-night Land of the Midnight Sun cruise up the coast of Norway to Murmansk Russia on the Pacific Princess in an Aft Owner's Suite. 900 sq. ft. of luxury.

The port of Longyearbean Svalbard was "practice" for our 15-night Antarctica cruise aboard the Silversea Cloud Luxury Expedition ship in December. Anyone want to go with us?

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/antarctica-cruise/ushuaia-to-ushuaia-1829.html?fycref=row1

7 days

Southampton - Zeebrugge - DaS - Copenhagen - Helsinborg/Helsignor - Oslo - DaS - Southampton on Grand in 2012

10 days New Year cruise

Ft Lauderdale - Princess Cay - Das - St Thomas - Dominica - Grenada - Bonaire- Curaçao- 2 das - Ft Lauderdale on Royal Princess in 2016-2017

7 days

San Juan - St Thomas- Tortola - Antigua - St Lucia - Barbados - Das - San Juan on Caribbean in 2009

9 days

NYC - Bermuda - DaS - St Thomas - St Maarten- Turks and Caicos - 2 das - NYC on Caribbean in 2010

But all Princess cruises were wonderful.

Regular Eastern and Western on Caribbean 2006 and Ruby 2007 too.

I wish she didn't abandon NYC market!!!

Emerald Princess, Rome to Barcelona late September/early October 2015 with two days in Rome and two in Barcelona. Waking up in Italy each morning and visiting Florence,Herculaneum and Cinque Terre were some of the most remarkable days of my life as was discovering and falling in love with Barcelona.

The photo review is in my signature.

Norris

The partial Panama Canal transit cruise on the Coral Princess. I always had an infatuation of the building of the Canal. I believe this was our first "bucket list" cruise. We had an active roll call, and a group of us hit it off. One of the group volunteered to put together private tours for some of the stops. We all had a great time since we already "knew" each other.

The Golden Princess in 2006 out of New Orleans, one of the first cruises after Hurricane Katrina. Devastation in New Orleans was still evident in many parts and the cruise terminal was a temporary tent-like structure, extremely hot with incredibly long lines.

However, it was my family’s very first cruise and we were on with our kids, 7 and 9 at the time, my parents, and a friend and her family who had cruised before. I knew nothing about cruising, other than what I had seen on The Love Boat, and I had no knowledge of Cruise Critic. I had done absolutely no research beforehand. Now, I plan and research down to the most minute detail! Back then, though, everything I saw was wondrous, new, exciting. I had absolutely no expectations and no image in my head of how things would or should be on the ship; the novelty of it all can never be recaptured.

Since then, we have been on 12 incredible cruises, but nothing will ever match that first time. I am still grateful to my friend who chose Princess for my first foray into cruising, as the bar was set high and I am now a Princess faithful.

Like so many others posting on this thread, mine were the 10-night Pacific Princess cruises in French Polynesia out of Papeete. The ship, the crew, the islands...pure magic. I feel so fortunate to have had those experiences!!

Agreed! - ours was in 2003, 18 days SFO to Papeete via Hawaii, an early one for Pacific Princess new to the fleet. The kicker was getting a stern Owner's Suite talk about magic!

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to complete all our bucket list cruises while we were in good health.

The 30 day South Pacific cruise from Sydney to LA in 2009 was our must take cruise and stands, to this day, as our favorite cruising experience.. :D

Now we look forward to cruising whenever and wherever the spirit moves us.:ship::D

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to complete all our bucket list cruises while we were in good health.

The 30 day South Pacific cruise from Sydney to LA in 2009 was our must take cruise and stands, to this day, as our favorite cruising experience.. :D

Now we look forward to cruising whenever and wherever the spirit moves us.:ship::D

If this was the STAR Princess with John Maxtone-Graham as the guest speaker, It was a Great cruise!

If this was the STAR Princess with John Maxtone-Graham as the guest speaker, It was a Great cruise!

It was!:D We enjoyed his lectures and purchased one of his books. The concerts by Rick Nelson's sons were very enjoyable too. The ship, the islands, the weather and seas were 30 days of bliss.:)

It was!:D We enjoyed his lectures and purchased one of his books. The concerts by Rick Nelson's sons were very enjoyable too. The ship, the islands, the weather and seas were 30 days of bliss.:)

Yep

All but the high winds in Dunedin that kept is from Christchurch! Missed my whitewater rafting trip in New Zealand! :eek:

Those concerts were great with the different genres they did.

Forgot to mention, you can get his books still on Amazon. What an amazing gentleman.

#1 has to be the old Regal on a cruise which included a stop at Midway Island for the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Midway. Wonderful in so many ways--I had been stationed on Midway (Navy) in 1960; Met and became friends with folks that we now proudly call BFFs with whom we have taken numerous cruises (HI to Jerry and Diane). Got upgraded, for the first time to a minisuite Could not have asked for better cruise BUT will keep trying :-)

We were on the Midway 65th anniversary cruise as well. Very memorable. Lagiaippe.

49 day around South America on the Grand in 2013. Simply an amazing experience and the price was right. Met so many nice people. Anyone reading this who is interested the Royal is doing a similar one this February.

Star Princess 7 day to Mexico in 2002. The ship was 3 months old. I took our daughter who was 9 and a 1/2. I loved how at each port right before we left, they played two songs over the speakers. “Time To Say Goodbye” by Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman. And “Sail Away “ (Orinoco Flow) by Enya.

I got chills each time they played them.

My daughter loved the large children’s center. It was just a great cruise, overall. And, my first Princess cruise.