Plastic Straws, Which RCL Ships Have Done Away With

So, when I was 9 the most important movie ever made was the Graduate, and the word was the future is plastic....

I don’t care how many people try to convice me to go back to paper and wood.... I am plastic now and plastic forever. Viva la plastique!

Seriously, you can go to jail for six months serving food in a restaurant for giving a person a drink with a plastic straw....

Are you people seriously insane or what???

People who don’t do heinous things don’t do 6 months.

JC

I've been refilling the same Evian bottle at home for almost a year now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you need an Elkay bottle filler with a filter and a Tervis cup.... that way it is clean and cool for hours. Have one on my desk, it is a lovely North Carolina Tarheel cup, that I get ice every work morning then go to the bottle filler station and fill. I used to buy the case of water for $5, but after installing the bottle filler station, I just use my cup. Yes, you will spend $1000 bucks to have the plumber install it at work, but after that you will spend $75 a year to replace the filter and the water is lovely.

Look at me a hateful fascist right winger, saving the planet. Take that... you lefty commie people.:'):'):halo::evilsmile:

JC

At work [emoji848]

Not familiar with that concept. [emoji6]

Have I mentioned you suck recently?:evilsmile::halo::')

On another topic, we are going to be doing nothing in Port Canaveral on a Thursday the 6th of November I think except me riding the flowrider, and we are available to hijack. Just saying.... As long as I get a good hour on the flowrider with everyone else off to go to rocket launching center or Orlando.

JC

That's not a paper carton. That's a Tetra Pak, an aseptic container that has layers of paper, plastic and aluminum. It is very difficult to recycle and has to be separated and sent to different facilities than normal paper or plastic recycling facilities. In addition the cap itself has to be separated from the rest, as well. For the most part, they represent landfill trash.

6a00d83451cedf69e2016768453426970b-300wi

That's not a paper carton. That's a Tetra Pak, an aseptic container that has layers of paper, plastic and aluminum. It is very difficult to recycle and has to be separated and sent to different facilities than normal paper or plastic recycling facilities. In addition the cap itself has to be separated from the rest, as well. For the most part, they represent landfill trash.

6a00d83451cedf69e2016768453426970b-300wi

Wow. It's worse than plastic.

From home I do the same, but I toss them and start up a new one about every couple of months.

Do you people wash those bottles prior to re-filling. If so, shame on you for wasting the most precious resource on the planet--WATER. Oh, the Infamy!

By the way is it sanitary to refill--big sign on ship by the Promenade Cafes, not to refill.:D

Do you people wash those bottles prior to re-filling. If so, shame on you for wasting the most precious resource on the planet--WATER. Oh, the Infamy!

By the way is it sanitary to refill--big sign on ship by the Promenade Cafes, not to refill.:D

I dont wash, why would I?

It's my bottle.

I dont wash, why would I?

It's my bottle.

You're going to wind up like Noah Syndergaard, NY Mets pitcher, with hand, foot & mouth disease and wind up on the disabled list.:D

You're going to wind up like Noah Syndergaard, NY Mets pitcher, with hand, foot & mouth disease and wind up on the disabled list.:D
Gee thanks, when I need lifestyle advice I know who to call now.

On another topic, we are going to be doing nothing in Port Canaveral on a Thursday the 6th of November I think except me riding the flowrider, and we are available to hijack. Just saying.... As long as I get a good hour on the flowrider with everyone else off to go to rocket launching center or Orlando.

JC

I might think of something.

JC

Actually Thursday the 8th. Now that I am at that unfamilar place called work, I have a calendar with me while posting!:evilsmile:

JC

Actually Thursday the 8th. Now that I am at that unfamilar place called work, I have a calendar with me while posting!:evilsmile:

JC

I'll drop you a line. No need to involve my stalker in any more of this

I've never seen that. Can you elaborate

St Augustine Amp no longer sells plastic bottled water. The have water in a container that looks similar to a pint milk carton. They also provide water to refill them.

They continue to provide plastic cups for beer, wine, and alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. This is the most ridiculous thread I can remember...no wonder we are where we're at in the state of things these days.

The bottom line is not only RCI but other large companies are making some small change in the right direction. It may not go leaps and bounds by reducing the environmental footprint, but it is a small step.

If you seriously want a plastic straw, ask for one or bring your own and then take to the boards to voice your complaints. Obviously there are others that share your pain. First world problems.

To answer the OP's question: Anthem did have the signs out at post of the pool bars and was only giving them out in frozen drinks. I did not receive a straw in the pub, Boleros, the Music Hall or Schooner Bar. I occasionally asked for a stirrer just so my drink would be mixed, though.