Ncl Dawn past guest party?

michelle028

I believe that it is for Latitude past guests Gold - Platinum and above

and you may invite a cabin mate guest.

I believe that you will receive an invitation in your cabin with the date and time.

I also believe that protocol you bring that invitation for entrance to the party.

Not sure if it is done on all ships but the DAWN* STAR and SUN the party was

held in the late afternoon in the non-theatre entertainment area i.e. Bliss lounge;

Spinnaker lounge - an area suitable for 200-400 past guests.

* On the DAWN it is held in the Bliss Ultra Lounge deck 7 aft.

Cocktails are served FREE and other beverages; prizes given away.

Hint order your drinks in doubles - service maybe once a round the lounge.

The Captain - the Hotel Director - Cruise Director and a host of other department

heads are introduced and acknowledgment honors paid to the frequent past guests !

A show lasting about an hour.

If you don't go to a Meet & Greet or have one this would be a good opportunity

to find out who does what running the ship.

Arrive early for best seating - afraid of noise do not sit in or near the stage there

will be a band with percussion instruments blaring away to rally the crowd.

Look for that invitation on or near the cabin phone desk upon boarding.

Not finding it inquire at Guest Relations -or- maybe it will be delivered the next day.

Best timing for the party is a SEA day - not interfering with port Shore Excursions

but later in the day pre-dinner time is to be expected.

Date and time will of course be on the invitation.

YMMV - if interested or needing further information inquire at Guest Relations.

NCL has mostly stopped doing door prizes in the last 2+ years at the Latitude reception ... attendance isn't what it used to be, some attributed to the UBP. If there are "Ambassadors" on the sailing, they will get acknowledged and if not, perhaps the "Plus" members as a whole.

Check the Welcome Back "card" and/or possibly an invite letter about the time/day/location for the event - it varied with the ship/itinerary, etc.

NCL has mostly stopped doing door prizes in the last 2+ years at the Latitude reception ... attendance isn't what it used to be, some attributed to the UBP. If there are "Ambassadors" on the sailing, they will get acknowledged and if not, perhaps the "Plus" members as a whole.

Check the Welcome Back "card" and/or possibly an invite letter about the time/day/location for the event - it varied with the ship/itinerary, etc.

yes, I think the reason for the slowing down on attendance has to do with the UBP and the lack of door prizes compared to years past. I know we do not attend them much anymore. We used to prefer the parties to other lines, now, it isn't worth the hassle sometimes.

I find that the Latitude "parties" for returning guests nowadays is absolutely nothing like a party. It is just a sales pitch from the CruiseNext staff where you also get a free drink (which the majority already gets, because of UBP). Nothing to "not miss" IMHO. On most NCL cruises we have been on, the "party" has been held around 1.00 PM or 1.30 PM. Often with another "party" at a different time, due to the large number of returning guests with Latitude Gold and above status.

I find that the Latitude "parties" for returning guests nowadays is absolutely nothing like a party. It is just a sales pitch from the CruiseNext staff where you also get a free drink (which the majority already gets, because of UBP). Nothing to "not miss" IMHO. On most NCL cruises we have been on, the "party" has been held around 1.00 PM or 1.30 PM. Often with another "party" at a different time, due to the large number of returning guests with Latitude Gold and above status.

I have to agree. The Latitudes Ambassador should be there thanking guests for sailing with NCL again, but instead put on their CruiseNext Consultant hat and spruik future cruises. So wrong! Plus guests are served a few cubes of cheese, some crackers and one drink. NOT welcoming, and guests certainly don’t feel special. This is where Celebrity has it all over NCL. The Elite cocktail 2-hours every evening wins hands down.

I have to agree. The Latitudes Ambassador should be there thanking guests for sailing with NCL again, but instead put on their CruiseNext Consultant hat and spruik future cruises. So wrong! Plus guests are served a few cubes of cheese, some crackers and one drink. NOT welcoming, and guests certainly don’t feel special. This is where Celebrity has it all over NCL. The Elite cocktail 2-hours every evening wins hands down.

Sorry, you are not understanding the reference to ambassador meant the top level frequent guest and has nothing to do with management. I will also add, there are those there who do welcome us and thank us for sailing NCL. As for the drinks, you can have as many as you want. You just have to ask or head for the bar. And they serve more than just a little cube of cheese. No, it isn't elaborate and I am not impressed but it isn't quite the way you are suggesting it is. and yes, they do push future cruises, but I wouldn't say that is wrong necessarily. If that was all they did, it would be wrong.

Sorry, you are not understanding the reference to ambassador meant the top level frequent guest and has nothing to do with management. I will also add, there are those there who do welcome us and thank us for sailing NCL. As for the drinks, you can have as many as you want. You just have to ask or head for the bar. And they serve more than just a little cube of cheese. No, it isn't elaborate and I am not impressed but it isn't quite the way you are suggesting it is. and yes, they do push future cruises, but I wouldn't say that is wrong necessarily. If that was all they did, it would be wrong.

I do understad, but indeed I was not referring to ambassador level guests, but to the Lattitudes guest representative, also known at the Latitudes Ambasssador. Such as being the ambassador for NCL with guests. The last few "parties" after the captain and officers left was all about future cruises and not a word about thank you choosing NCL agsin.

Yes, really, a napkin was put on each coffee table and a handful of crackers then a handful of cheese cubes were placed on it. We laughed when told by our friends in Gold, but the Platinum gathering received exactly the same treatment. The most recent experience was in January this year. I'll give it a miss in future.

I do understad, but indeed I was not referring to ambassador level guests, but to the Lattitudes guest representative, also known at the Latitudes Ambasssador. Such as being the ambassador for NCL with guests. The last few "parties" after the captain and officers left was all about future cruises and not a word about thank you choosing NCL agsin.

Yes, really, a napkin was put on each coffee table and a handful of crackers then a handful of cheese cubes were placed on it. We laughed when told by our friends in Gold, but the Platinum gathering received exactly the same treatment. The most recent experience was in January this year. I'll give it a miss in future.

thanks for clarifying what you meant. As for what you were served, we did not attend our last one which was in May so things could have changed. We did go to the party about a year ago. BTW, did you ask for a second drink or wander up to the bar and order one?

thanks for clarifying what you meant. As for what you were served, we did not attend our last one which was in May so things could have changed. We did go to the party about a year ago. BTW, did you ask for a second drink or wander up to the bar and order one?

We weren’t interested in another drink. Couldn’t wait to get out of the room, but remained to be polite. As you said, with the UBP there is no need for cruisers to seek out free drinks and more. Nevertheless, the drinks waiter still did not come around again offering a second drink.